Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,721 times

Advertisements

I submitted unemployment and disability about the same time,disability was held up for awhile waiting for the Dr to send in his part, meanwhile I got approved unemployment,weeks worth and then re-certified.
Now this week my Disability looks like it is finally going thru until everything stops because I filed UI and Disability both.
I called and they told me I have a phone interview next week, meanwhile my unemployment for the past 2 weeks is on hold.
I called disability and they said I have to talk to UI on the phone interview before they can move forward and then the lady (who was pretty unfriendly) said I will have to wait 20 more days because I filed for both, I guess they are wanting to penalize me for not understanding their system.........its been almost 2 months with only one EDD unemployment check for $450 coming in.
I was going to keep looking for work, hurt or not because I have to feed my family, until I got disability going but now the whole deal is screwed up.

I have a family and we are out of money so I need to resolve this and get my disability moving, any help is welcome, thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 11:42 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Read this thread. Carol7lynn has excellent comments on financial/food/etc. aid programs available in CA for people in your situation.

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...-chance-2.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment