U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,578 times

Advertisements

I've certified every sunday with no issues but this last sunday it told me I needed to call. I called on sunday and monday only to get an automated message telling me to call tuesday. Now here I am on tuesday and not a single call number works. I just get the busy tone. That money is pretty important. Is anyone else having this issue or does anyone know of a working number I can call?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 11:23 AM

23,447 posts, read 49,954,028 times
Go to a local one-stop office. NJ is having problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg View Post
The problem that the UI site was having yesterday was because of the re-calculation of your benefit amount (due to the Congressional sequestration).

So if you haven't filed for this week already I suggest visiting your local DOL office in person in order to have your claim filed by a rep. Or you can get one of their reps on the phone to file after holding for 5 hours.... .

Old 07-09-2013, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,549 times
I had the same issue as well, but manage to get through early in the morning, try the jersey city number at around 7am. (201) 217-4602

Old 07-15-2013, 08:30 AM

3 posts, read 6,233 times
Problems continue with "your certification cannot be processed" message.
Just phone in and an agent will file the claim for you over the phone. Went though this myself this morning.
The agent said the sequestration cuts have been the problem. I don't see how reduced benefit amount would cause a system problem, I think the state is forcing you to file telephonically one time, so the agent can inform you of the reduced benefit.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:24 PM

4 posts, read 27,198 times
why cant you call unemployment and get an actual person??? what if the prompts don't cover what you are asking??? what happened to talking to people not computers?? your prompts don't cover my needs, so what do I do now ?

Old 11-19-2014, 02:42 PM

23,447 posts, read 49,954,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinette67 View Post
why cant you call unemployment and get an actual person??? what if the prompts don't cover what you are asking??? what happened to talking to people not computers?? your prompts don't cover my needs, so what do I do now ?
Actual people on CS lines EVERYWHERE have been short supply for 20 years. You're lucky at least when you call UE, you still get someone on the US. Choose the speak to a rep option if no prompt fits. People don't talk to people anymore. You keep calling and keep hitting zero until you get into a queue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment