U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 11:34 PM

91 posts, read 280,964 times

Advertisements

Hello I am with you. I received a letter about the reduction in employment by the state of TN but I was laid off the first week in June and still haven't received my first unemployment check. It's so frustrating. I have called the number on the letter but keep getting a recording. Try this local Memphis number (901) 365-3205. It is now the end of July and I haven't received an unemployment check. How long did it take to receive your first check?

To answer your question it is true that with the amount of time you are on unemployment there is a reduction at some point. I really need to know how long it took you to receive your first check. I'm in week number seven and still nothing. Good luck to you. I won't even mention how hard it is to find a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taguffey View Post
I live in Tn and recd a letter that my unemployment will drop by

174.00 to only $60.00 week. I called in for my weekly recerification the voice recorder just stated Benifit yr has ended. I went to local unemployment office and was told they no longer can help me and I had to call the unemployment office in Nashville but I can not get through. I have tried over and over and just get recording they can't take the calls at this time and to try again. Very frustrated and I can't be looking for job if I have to spend all day on phone trying to get through. Please help me! I tried looking on web site for help but can't find what I need their either. Not sure what this would be called as far as Tir 1 ect? Any help I would really appricate.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 07:20 AM

72 posts, read 371,737 times
Submit online request for assistance with existing claim here;

https://tdlwd.tn.gov/ui_contact/

Should receive follow up call within a few days after submission.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or