Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 08:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,711 times

Advertisements

I live in Massachusetts and when the computer transition went through I started receiving "Over payment notifications. Initially they were small, but now I am at a total of over $15,000 they say I owe them. I have read other posts about "glitches" in the new system and initially tried to call, and like most people have had no luck. I am planning in going in to the office, but was wondering if anyone has had these "glitches" fixed on the system. If anyone has any other recommendations it would be extremely appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,785 times
i am having that same problem. I am freaking out. Did you fix this? They keep telling me they don't know why!

Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times
You are one among many:

Deadline nears for fixing unemployment system problems - Business - The Boston Globe

One answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkmly73 View Post
But my state reps office did on the following Monday and when I explained the problem, they called for me and within 10 minutes someone called me back who looked at my claim and said "this one is a mess" apologized and by the end of last week it was fixed. I requested benefits on Sunday of this week, on Monday I was determined to be eligible for payment. Payment went through on Tuesday and they mailed out a paper check, for the full 10 weeks I had been waiting. ....but here it is today and I'm going to the bank to deposit it.

3. If you can get no where and feel like you are getting the run around call you state representative's office, it may take a week, but they will help and the state seems to actually do something when the state reps office is looking into things.

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...l#post30871130
And another:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFunTeach View Post
I ran into my local senators family on account that we are childhood friends (mostly accurate...), and he wanted the name of my adjuster or manager's name." I told the senator that I really didn't want to put "Alice" in a bad light, but i'm hurting financially due to a software error.

Well, Shazzam, 72 hours later, most if not all my issues have been resolved. The difference in payments w/held have been deposited in my bank account. I humbly thank all of you for your EFFECTIVe advice. My dog can have biscuits again!!!

Jack
Read this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemp...re-issues.html

You need to contact your state representative, although some are now reporting they aren't getting anywhere with MA EOLWD, either. Contact your most aggressive state senator and representative.

Good luck.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,067 times
They sent me a letter saying they over paid me $1,982. And to call and set up payment plan when I file my taxes or they would take them. I filed 3 days ago. and finally got tthrough today to set up payment plan. Will they still take my taxes? Nobody can answer this I'm getting very upset

Old 02-20-2015, 12:12 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffcairns View Post
They sent me a letter saying they over paid me $1,982. And to call and set up payment plan when I file my taxes or they would take them. I filed 3 days ago. and finally got tthrough today to set up payment plan. Will they still take my taxes? Nobody can answer this I'm getting very upset
How long have you owed this money? Collection by the IRS is a last resort if other efforts by the state to make repayment arrangements have failed. If you just - within the past month or so - got the notice on a tax offset possibility, chances are MA hasn't sent that overpayment to the IRS, as yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment