U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 PM

108 posts, read 126,689 times

Advertisements

Hello, I got my first paper in the mail telling me how much per week im getting and 3 days later I got another paper telling me how to claim and also any appointments but the app section was blank. Am I good to go ? Its telling me to claim on 9/11 and again the Sunday rite after. I thought I needed to do a phone interview or is that not for everyone. I did a good job off filling out the forms and was laid off. I don't just want to sit her thinking everything is ok if something needs to be fixed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 12:10 AM

14,508 posts, read 25,021,474 times
If you were laid off, and the employer reports you were laid off, then there will be no phone interview.

However, you never can be sure what the employer will say, so you can still end up with an interview. The truth is you're only good to go as long as the money keeps flowing, and it can be stopped for lots of reasons, and you won't find out for weeks the reason why.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:33 AM

Will I get a paper for an interview if they want to do one ? And would they have talked to my employer already or do they just send out info based on what you put on the claim ? I thought they spoke with employer before sending out appointment papers ? And thank you for the fast response, I've never been on unemployment in my life but I started a new job 8 months ago and one of their employees is very nasty and has everyone walking on egg shells, he's always on the phone yelling at his wife and just a real hothead. Well he started yelling in my face and I told him the he's a grown man and he needs to learn how to control his temper at work, well he stormed out of work and called the owner and told him that if he didn't let me go then he wasn't coming back. Mind you everyone loves me there, the boss said he can see me really going somewhere I'm his biz ect ect...but this guy is the only person that can do his job and its a important job. Well the owner came to me with his head down and said he didn't know what to do. He likes me but this guy is forcing him to let me go. I said , well you have to do what's best for you but you should find a worker that respects you. He said he was really sorry and that was it...

Old 09-04-2013, 01:16 AM

People from work have been calling me saying I can sue the company for wrongful termination or something but I'm not the type of person that sues people for stuff to make an extra buck, I just want to pay my bills until I find another job. Its not that hard to find a job.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:38 AM

14,508 posts, read 25,021,474 times
I doubt you were wrongfully terminated. A lot of people use the term incorrectly. It doesn't mean that you were fired for a wrong, trivial, made up, or BS reason. It means that you were fired for a reason that is against the law such as age, race, religion, etc.

Sounds like you were fired because another employee asked you to be let go, and that's perfectly ok. Not nice, but not against the law either.

As for an interview, after you claim, you and the employer are mailed things simulaneously. Did you say you were discharged or laid off on your application? If you put laid off, the state will assume for the time being that no interview is necessary, and will schedule one if the employer paperwork comes back with discharged. If you said discharged, then you should/will receive a questionnaire and an interview.

However, from everything you've said, you've only been told when to make your weekly/biweekly filings. That doesn't mean that you're going to get paid after you submit them, but you do have to make timely weekly submissions or you will never get paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or