Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:47 AM

15 posts, read 15,329 times

Advertisements

I recently was denied benefits for misconduct ...the company worked under production rules . during my time there I was forced to learn many things rapidly even with the many changes of my work zone . what I was trained for and what I was forced to learn near my termination was very difficult ...I feel like I was fired for their poor and immature training ...I was terminated do to excessive unscheduled breaks which went on the guidelines of misconduct. basically what they meant by this is that I took to much time finishing an work assignment that a computer tells them I should finish in and when this was shown as a problem i for me I was not granted any additional training for the job.i even received a bit of racial statements . I did my job to the best of my ability .they are a big company so I understand there defense will be top notch . so my question is what do I do different in my appeal what weapons should I use to win without feeling in between of possibly winning or losing .I have a big family and my benefits are much needed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 11:02 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waller88 View Post
I recently was denied benefits for misconduct ...the company worked under production rules . during my time there I was forced to learn many things rapidly even with the many changes of my work zone . what I was trained for and what I was forced to learn near my termination was very difficult ...I feel like I was fired for their poor and immature training ...I was terminated do to excessive unscheduled breaks which went on the guidelines of misconduct. basically what they meant by this is that I took to much time finishing an work assignment that a computer tells them I should finish in and when this was shown as a problem i for me I was not granted any additional training for the job.i even received a bit of racial statements . I did my job to the best of my ability .they are a big company so I understand there defense will be top notch . so my question is what do I do different in my appeal what weapons should I use to win without feeling in between of possibly winning or losing .I have a big family and my benefits are much needed
Excessive/too long breaks is a rules violation and in some states may be disqualifying. You believing you were fired for poor performance won't hold water if employer says otherwise.

Provide your state.
Start a new thread on this issue.
Post the exact wording of the decision.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:05 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,075,853 times
What's your state? Type in the determination denying you benefits. All of it please, not just the 5 words that you think summarizes why you were denied. What did you say your reason for termination was when you applied for UI, and if you had an interview by the UI people, what did you say to the person on the phone? Did the interviewer tell you what the employer said, and if so what were you told? Is your story what your employer told you or just why you think you were fired?

Old 10-14-2014, 12:30 PM

I live in Virginia ...that's the thing I wasn't on breaks of any kind that's just how they labeled it . I made production every week even when my co workers weren't. in the event of conducting my work assignment duties my supervisor claimed I had gaps in my production meaning it took me more time to finish my work assignment to start a new one as far as dropping my load off at shipping to continue another work assignment .. I found this to be difficult for along time as well as my co workers . my employers even took away production to allow us to get the hang of it but for those he couldn't they didn't provide any additional training .I have a family of 4 and a fiancé I wouldn't jeopardize my job in that fashion a lot of people depend on me . I even went as far as researching and purchasing energy supplements to conquer my job duties but it was not possible. co workers of mine that were having trouble with the same thing got wrote as well but their write ups didn't go under conduct ...its very difficult to explain because this company is just that difficult.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:37 PM

it was a production job which meant all of my co workers were working at an unsafe rate ...company rules were ignored because of this which made the work environment unsafe for everyone and we all drove equipment similar to a stow jack all of this I related in my hearing interview ...pallets would be dropped by forklift drivers from 40 to 80 ft in the air, co workers would hit rails and each others stow jacks, and no one ever stopped at fire doors because they didn't want write ups such as the one which became the reason of my termination....and thanks for the fast replies im kind of in a bind and desperately in need of my benefits

Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 PM

based on facts obtained in connection with this claim for unemployment the claimant is disqualified ...the claimant was discharged from his job for violating a known company rule. the employer reported these incidents continued despite prior warnings .this is what I received ...if helps to know any I didn't sign two write ups because I felt like it I had lack of training and it was impossible to accomplish ..the company rules to termination stages are . 1 . Verbal ( in which they speak to you about you failure which you still have a paper to sign but I never received this verbal stage it was skipped ) 2. write up 3. final write up 4. termination ...my co workers and I were submitted new supervisors at the beginning of my troubles with this . my new supervisor was present when my supervisor was going over my gaps in time she then took it upon herself to use that as a verbal ...but it was not he didn't offer any paperwork to sign he simply was going over it with me . its a lot to explain which is why I may have failed my hearing

Old 10-14-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
What's your state? Type in the determination denying you benefits. All of it please, not just the 5 words that you think summarizes why you were denied. What did you say your reason for termination was when you applied for UI, and if you had an interview by the UI people, what did you say to the person on the phone? Did the interviewer tell you what the employer said, and if so what were you told? Is your story what your employer told you or just why you think you were fired?
Va. the claimant was discharged from his job for violating a known company rule . The employer reported these incidents continued despite warnings. I told them the immature training, my inability to perform this job with the lack of training, and my fear of injury by co workers

Old 10-14-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Excessive/too long breaks is a rules violation and in some states may be disqualifying. You believing you were fired for poor performance won't hold water if employer says otherwise.

Provide your state.
Start a new thread on this issue.
Post the exact wording of the decision.
the claimant was discharged from his job for violating a known company rule. the employer these incidents continued despite prior warnings

Old 10-14-2014, 01:43 PM

please help

Old 10-14-2014, 02:34 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,075,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waller88 View Post
the claimant was discharged from his job for violating a known company rule. the employer these incidents continued despite prior warnings
The decisions are longer than this. All the words please. They usually include references to sections of the law or regulations that need to be looked up so we can tell you what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment