Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,025 times

Advertisements

Long story short. I was fired for “poor performance”. Im 22 yrs old. Worked with company for a yr. Making 40k doing community work.

Ui benefits where denied when employer stated that I was written up 10 days prior to discharge for “oral reporting” and that I never signed it. .. of course he lied.Ive NEVER been written up for anything.
In fact I have text messages, emails praising me and saying to keep up the good work, ive been promoted twice this year ive been the ONLY flown out of state with my boss for 7 days to speak on behalf of orginization. And the day in question for write up I have emails of him trying to further promote me through trainings.
This is bizarre I have to even combat this foolishness and bitter behavior. When they terminated me they refused to release my final paychecks and employee file. I had to go to the labor board three days later they called me back on the spot to pick up checks.. No employee file. Any advice that this thing will be reversed in my favor is there any hope left. There was no disciplinary action, warnings, write ups documentation etc. Of any kind fir any behavior. I have a proven track record of good standing.
Comments… Ideas..suggestions. Ive compiled all paperwork and I cant use coworkers as witnesses. The ed quit a week after me as well as the project coordinator, and administrative assistant. Thats 4 people in one month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 12:32 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Your state, please.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:21 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,079,420 times
What were the exact words used in the decision?

Poor performance is rarely "misconduct," but "not signing a write up" has been classified as misconduct before. I want to know the precise reason that you're being disqualified for. If it's for not signing the write up, then all that proof of your promotions is the wrong way to defend yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment