Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 10:02 PM

2 posts, read 4,946 times

Advertisements

I'm in Illinois and started my unemployment in January, 14(Beginning of wk after term.) and am now on EUC. My maximum benefit ammount balance will will run out at the beginning of November even though I thought would continue till December 28. The date of claim is when Euc kicked in 7/21. I'm struggling as my benefits are much less than(with the mandatory reduction) my bills/what I need to just survive. So I take it from this that ounce this balance runs out in a couple weeks that thats it? I already knew that Dec 28th was deadline to find job or else but now I have only couple weeks left before I'm officially homeless?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 01:16 AM

25,577 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer1 View Post
I'm in Illinois and started my unemployment in January, 14(Beginning of wk after term.) and am now on EUC. My maximum benefit ammount balance will will run out at the beginning of November even though I thought would continue till December 28. The date of claim is when Euc kicked in 7/21. I'm struggling as my benefits are much less than(with the mandatory reduction) my bills/what I need to just survive. So I take it from this that ounce this balance runs out in a couple weeks that thats it? I already knew that Dec 28th was deadline to find job or else but now I have only couple weeks left before I'm officially homeless?
If you began EUC on July 21, that means you had a collected a full State of Illinois claim of 25 weeks - which means you are eligible for all four EUC Tiers.

Maximum balance you are seeing refers only to Tier 1, not all your EUC. At present, Illinois is paying all four tiers. You have received/will receive approximately 13/14 weeks EUC Tier 1 between July 21 and November.

Thereafter, Illinois will transfer you to EUC Tier 2 for another 14 weeks, or until December 28th. At that time Illinois will probably credit your account for eight weeks Tier 2 since legislation expires 12/28.

If Congress extends the legislation, Illinois will credit your account with remaining weeks of Tier 2 and you continue on the rest of EUC into 2014, possibly collecting Tiers 3 and 4 - legislation and UE triggers permitting.

I don't think you have a problem, unless I'm misunderstanding your timeline.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:15 AM

2 posts, read 4,946 times
First off, thank you so much for the quick reply! It really means alot as this is causing me panic attacks. As far my time line it appears you are right on. I was termed on Jan 12 2013 and started EUC08 as of 7/21 (per date of claim on the Determination I received today. My last official workday(as in full actual, per determination) is 1/10/13. And according to same Det. my max benefit ammnt is almost $2100 with max benefit balance of about $750. I receive about $600 per mos. So I REALLY hope you are correct as when I had to go in to office a few weeks ago they really made it soud like everybody there on a current year claim has until dc. 28th, but after reading the determenation they send out every other week or so with the actual number started to get worried as I'm nearing the end of Max benefit ammnt balance.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer1 View Post
And according to same Det. my max benefit ammnt is almost $2100 with max benefit balance of about $750. I receive about $600 per mos. So I REALLY hope you are correct as when I had to go in to office a few weeks ago they really made it soud like everybody there on a current year claim has until dc. 28th, but after reading the determenation they send out every other week or so with the actual number started to get worried as I'm nearing the end of Max benefit ammnt balance.
You are close to exhausting the max benefit amount only for Tier 1. Illinois credits claimant accounts with current tier balances as they migrate through EUC, as do all the other states (with one exception). In your case, Tier 1 13/14 weeks' benefits equals $2,100. Do the math. If you are eligible for Tier 1, you are also eligible for every other tier your state is paying.

Thus, you are eligible to collect Tier 2 until December 28. When you exhaust Tier 1, Illinois will credit your account with Tier 2 through 12/28.

Stop worrying.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,123 times
Ok, so I'm reading through all these posts and I'm still really confused! My benefit year was established on March 2nd 2013 and I've exhausted all benefits under regular benefits. I'm currently on tier 1 of euc and I still have an available balance in my account for tier 1. With everything that I'm reading I'm understanding that all euc payments will only be payable through Dec 28th 2013. I am suppose to file my certification tomorrow and my last certification was for week ending dec 21st. Does this mean that I will only get paid for 1 week and I'm done even though I haven't exhausted all of tier 1 euc benefits yet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 01-07-2014, 08:56 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
you should be able to claim for w/e 12/28 but after that your balance is forfeited unless new legislation approves further benefits.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovingmy3kids View Post
My benefit year was established on March 2nd 2013 and I've exhausted all benefits under regular benefits. I'm currently on tier 1 of euc and I still have an available balance in my account for tier 1. With everything that I'm reading I'm understanding that all euc payments will only be payable through Dec 28th 2013. I am suppose to file my certification tomorrow and my last certification was for week ending dec 21st. Does this mean that I will only get paid for 1 week and I'm done even though I haven't exhausted all of tier 1 euc benefits yet?
Yes. You will be paid for week ending 12/28 only.

All EUC benefit payments have ended for EVERYONE with week ending 12/28/2013 regardless of balance.

Congress is now discussing extension of this program. See "2014" thread on this same Forum. Unless Democrats can find offsets, House of Representatives will never vote to extend the program. Near as we can determine, Democrats are not looking for offsets, just a three-month temporary extension without offsets, for now. Which means no extension anytime soon, imo.

If Congress does eventually extend, your state should notify you and will resume payments from your EUC according to new legislative guidelines. Pay attention to the news or keep checking back here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment