Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 03:05 AM

67 posts, read 229,445 times

Advertisements

Never thought my agency that i used to work for would stoop to this level. I last worked for this one agency, the one that much of my UI has been based on for 2 claims and Tier 1s since 2012. I am coming to the end of my Tier 1 from the 2012 claim. (Have filed 2013 claim and exhausted that, therfore was put on remaining Tier 1's from 2012 claim)

I finally get a Full Time job with Benefits starting Nov 25, maybe foolishly, when I accepted the offer, I called UI letting them know I ll be starting Nov 25 and "should I do anything differently?" I knew the answer: 'don't file, but I called anyway, I guess I was excited about a job and wanted them to know I would no longer be collecting.

So I file for weeks ending Nov 16 and Nov 23. I had not received the money and looked online at it said "Pending Decision on Your Job Separation". Job Separation I ask myself? What job separation. I know I still had that PT evening job, which I am going to quit seeing as it's been weeks since I've been called in (I was never let go from that, seeing I still have the Office Keys even the front street door key, I was never let go), and I did mention that I would be leaving the PT job to accept full time work. I thought, maybe the PT got wind of this and terminated the relationship, so that was the Job separation issue. I call UI and she asks when I left that temp co, and they tell me, the Temp agency I last worked for ending Dec 7, 2012 is saying something to the effect that I left the job I was on and never returned or didn't come back. I got someone is the State UI office and they told me I needed to call the Honolulu office (not that I know wwhat the difference is...) and of course that line is busy.

BUT one thing I did, was to save that email back on Dec 7, 2012, when the job ended, that same day I wrote my contact at that agency and said "Vanessa, the position is ending today per Roland the supervisor there, and I am writing to confirm that you are aware of this and were notifed".

She replied "Yes, we were notified that your position was ending. Thank you so much.....blah blah.. and we will contact you if we have any additional positions that fit your preferences and skills".

That was it. I made contact with the agency, they were indeed notified. Put me on the back burner for other assignments and that was it., I specfically wrote an email on that last day then because I remember a post from Chyvan about 'some' states where it was a rule that you had to contact the agency immediately after an assignment ending to let them know you were available. And if you did not, some would come back after you. Hawaii is not a state where it was a rule as far as I know, but still I let them know I was available and I did not leave that position early as evidenced by my email. There were 2 individuals on that project who did leave the position two weeks earlier as they had other committments.

So, I mean, in my opinion I did nothing wrong. Obviously I have to official print from UI and find out the real deal, but in my haste, I found that email to my agency, copied the pertinenet parts and sent it to the agency letting them know that I just was in contact with UI and that this was completely false what UI was telling me the agency said.

Not sure why they would do this. I am not even sure why this came up exactly almost to the year that I last worked for them. Dec 7, 2012. I went on Tier 1 the last week of December 2012, so would this even affect that tier at all?

I'd like to think the letter is all I need. I never left the position. It's documented that it ended and was acknowledged by the agency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 09:08 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
You didn't need to get the temp agency involved. You never want the opposing party to know what you have, or they might start making up stuff.

You have to examine what you know. "Pending Decision on Your Job Separation" This just means that the state is going to investigate whether it was a quit or a discharge for miscondut. Not specific enough for you to know what you're up against.

This, "I call UI and she asks when I left that temp co, and they tell me, the Temp agency I last worked for ending Dec 7, 2012 is saying something to the effect that I left the job I was on and never returned or didn't come back." You can't ever put much stock in anything from a low-level phone worker. It could be that with your earnings record, the worker just said "quit," because you never worked for that agency every again after that date, but you did keep working for the PT job and the other agency off and on.

With your sporadic employment it could be the state just never made a determination regarding that separation because of the number of times you opened and closed your claim.

It's GREAT that you have that email. You'll have little trouble. In those states I mentioned, the killer for most claimants isn't that they didn't contact the agency, but they didn't have proof that they contacted the agency. You prepared for a worse case senario, and who can accurately remember anything from a year ago. That email does all the remembering for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment