Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 04:44 PM

2 posts, read 22,549 times

Advertisements

I checked my BoFA EDD card and was show that payment for my 11/24/2013 to 12/07/2013 payment was for only half of what it should be. Confused, I logged onto Web Cert to see that it indicates 2 week on Web Cert despite my only being paid for one.

At the bottom of the screen it says "You have submitted all current claim forms and do not have any claims to submit at this time." I have never seen this message before and am concerned. Could this mean that they have cancelled my claim without notifying me? I have only been collecting benefits for two months, so I don't see a reason why they would cancel my claim.

I tried calling several numbers and using all the suggested phone codes. I tried the main line about 100 times today and even tried the Vietnamese line. Never got through to a live person. I might try going into the office on Monday.

If anyone could explain what the "You have submitted all current claim forms and do not have any claims to submit at this time" status means that might alleviate some of my fears.

Thanks!
- s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 06:37 PM

25,589 posts, read 56,241,391 times
CA's computers are FUBAR - it's been an unfixable nightmare for the past four months, Deloitte, which designed the system, can't fix it, either.

You may never get that back week retro, from what I've been reading. EDD has no control over these issues, thanks to Deloitte.

Go to a one-stop - you should get through on phone banks there.

Let us know if you ever get your money from that week and what has happened to your remaining balance. Ask about that, as well, when you visit the one-stop.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 22,549 times
If they do not issue me a retro does this mean my claim can extend passed the six month period?

Old 12-13-2013, 09:08 PM

25,589 posts, read 56,241,391 times
Yes - IF - this missed payment was not deducted from your maximum benefit amount.

Sadly, from what I've read, people are not getting payments, but their maximum benefit amounts are being reduced because the system posts the payments as issued. Which means payment of these benefits is not extended, even though they should be.

Your only recourse, if that happens, is to keep accurate records of the actual deposits to your BOFA card to prove you never received the monies and file an appeal with CA when your payments stop if you did not receive all 26 weeks. If the BOFA card allows you to print activity, be sure you do that on a regular basis.

CA's system is very messed up. Keep us posted on what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment