U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 10:16 AM

8,452 posts, read 14,165,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
If Congress reinstates this week, CA would pay her retro EUC for weeks ending 1/4 and 1/11.

At her bye, CA must test for a new claim. The states MUST test for new claim eligibility when beginning a new tier and/or quarterly, and always at the bye.

Thereafter, if she was collecting EUC, had no new claim eligibility at her bye, she would continue on EUC.
Ariadne, about filing a new claim: Is there any way to access a copy of the original online "eApply4UI" form she filed a year ago from California's EDD site, so she doesn't have to look up everything again?
Or is there any way to file again basically saying nothing's changed, since she hasn't worked?

Thanks again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 02:10 PM

25,090 posts, read 54,053,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Ariadne, about filing a new claim: Is there any way to access a copy of the original online "eApply4UI" form she filed a year ago from California's EDD site, so she doesn't have to look up everything again?
Or is there any way to file again basically saying nothing's changed, since she hasn't worked?

Thanks again.
Can't answer your first question. My guess is that old app is not available online. No, you there is no way to file saying no change. The same information needs to be input again.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,224 times
I agree the whole process is so very confusing! I received the exact same letter saying to file a new claim before 1/2/2014. Well I got the letter on the 4th. I tried calling all morning on the 6th but was unable to get though. Because I was doing what I could to follow the directions - to file a new claim - I went ahead and filed a new one online. BUT my year is not up! My claim is from March 1 to March 1. I did not know as Adriane22 stated that you "can't file a new claim within a year".... the online system didn't stop me :/ It has a question as part of the online claim form (number 7) asking if you have filed an unemployment claim within the last 12 months, I selected yes, and it put me into the application! I did not see anywhere that said not to file a new claim if it was within one year - I just followed the letters directions to file a new one. Now I am worried that I might have messed things up!

So many unemployed people calling the unemployment phone system making the system backed up and never available... maybe they should hire some people to help! Kinda would be killing two birds with one stone!

Old 01-09-2014, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,211 times
Ariadne22, I would really appreciate your help as well...

I'm located in CA and my last unemployment benefits were paid on December 30, 2013. I received 52 weeks of benefits at $450/week. I haven't filed an extension because the letter I received stated if I was eligible, it would automatically file for me. I also did not receive any notice in mid November prior to my benefits ending.

In addition, I received payments from my company whilst earning my first few unemployment benefit payments.

All that said, how do I know if I'm eligible? Should I apply online for an extension now? Am I eligible for extension?

Thank you very much,
Allen

Old 01-09-2014, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,205 times
I got the same notice and DID reapply. I first applied 5/13 so I guess I will be denied and wait for congress. Hopefully they will realize that we were told to refile and Handel it appropriately.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:58 PM

25,090 posts, read 54,053,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheon View Post
I'm located in CA and my last unemployment benefits were paid on December 30, 2013. I received 52 weeks of benefits at $450/week. I haven't filed an extension because the letter I received stated if I was eligible, it would automatically file for me. I also did not receive any notice in mid November prior to my benefits ending.

In addition, I received payments from my company whilst earning my first few unemployment benefit payments.

All that said, how do I know if I'm eligible? Should I apply online for an extension now? Am I eligible for extension?
Extensions are different than a new claim. Extensions have ended. CA is doing nothing for you right now on that since the program is no longer in place.

Further, your benefit year has ended. Therefore, if you were still collecting EUC or state benefits, CA would be applying for a new claim for you. However, you're not doing either.

Therefore, you should apply for a new claim now, online. CA may find the income after you originally filed might create new claim eligibility.

If CA determines there is no new claim eligibility, then there are no further benefits until Congress extends what remains of your EUC. You don't have a lot in the way of EUC left, so a new claim is better for you, for sure.

Apply and see where it goes.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:55 AM

20 posts, read 27,120 times
so if my benefit ends on 1/25/14, do I file a new claim earlier or wait until the 26th? I just checked my balance, I still have 10 weeks of benefits money left, but on paper it says my benefit is expiring in 2 weeks. what happens to the 8 extra weeks? if i file a new claim ( i am eligible for new claim since I have worked for 7 month during last one year) or do I wait until there is no balance left from the first claim? this is so confusing.....

Last edited by starknightkk; 01-16-2014 at 01:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment