Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 03:30 PM

2 posts, read 2,639 times

Advertisements

I have got injured on my job in March. I filed an incident report the day I was injured from my job. I was later called in the next day from my boss stating I had to come in to sign a paper. I came in to sign the paper. It was a verbal warning for changing shifts with another employee. I did not sign it because I already knew what they were trying to do. I appliedfor workers comp after iI got injured two weeks after my injury my boss calls me and tells me if I could come to the main office is Pittsfield, Ma for a meeting with my boss. I couldn't attend at the time and asked her if we could make it for another day and she refused. I had a lower back injury and wasn't feeling well & I had nobody to drive me so I told her that I couldnt at the time. A week later I got a certified letter in the mail stating I was fired. My workers comp case was settled and after my lawyer said I could file for unemployment but they denied it and said I was fired for misconduct and insubordination. I have my hearing tomorrow. I'm kinda nervous. Has anybody been thru an unemployment hearing before and are my chances good. BTW my hearing is by telephone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 04:49 PM

14,500 posts, read 30,979,421 times
It sounds winnable, but with the hearing being tomorrow, there's not much you can do if you didn't submit what you needed to already. Hope that your employer doesn't show. It just makes life so much easier.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,639 times
I submitted before my first denial for bebenifits my incident report for my injury and the termination letter as well as a typed letter explaining my situation & they still denied me. I'm noy surprised what lies my ex employer has. They have been lieing since i filed workers comp. Its a shame how they can just say anything and deny you whats entilted to u.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:27 AM

149 posts, read 348,381 times
I know of a few people who have been through unemployment hearings in Massachusetts, and it really comes down to what your employer says you did, and if they show up. Injured on the job? Hello! I think that is totally winnable. It sounds like your employer will act unreasonable at your hearing, and well.. that should work in your favor. Also, if your hearing outcome is denied, you CAN appeal it. It's really important for you to be nice, well mannered, and don't dress like you just rolled out of bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment