U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 01:53 PM

9 posts, read 11,250 times

Advertisements

Would they do that automatically or do I have to request this? Honestly I am in the dark with this whole appeal and how it will go.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 02:16 PM

14,508 posts, read 29,321,899 times
You have to read the evidence submission instructions from your hearing notice. What you have to do, the employer has to do the same.

You shouldn't have to call to ask for the evidence, the instructions should be very clear that you have to mail your evidence to the hearing officer, and the employer. Thiers will say they have to mail it to the hearing officer, and to you.

If they don't send it to you, you can keep it out of the hearing because it wasn't provided to you.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 625 times
Gonna make my horror story brief. Worked with a security company for 8 1/2 years. Worked at the reception desk. Never had a write up or made any mistakes. Received a final warning without any other warnings prior for letting a client of the building thru the gate without his pass. I'm not the one who let him thru but I got the write up. Didn't know it was a final and I signed it. Two months later was told on 2/13 to go to HR for a different matter. Upon going there, was asked about an harassment situation. After this, I was presented with a write up for an elevator ride which I've been able to take 4 three years. Was told that since I had a final already, this was my termination write up. No policy about not using the elevator. Manager wanted to give my spot to her friend who was pregnant. Applied for UI and was denied due to misconduct. Appealed on 4/8 and received determination next day allowing me benefits.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:16 PM

Glad to hear you won your appeal. I am curious. How long was your hearing? I would like to know some of the particulars like that.

4-5 months before I was fired, my manager/lead talked to me about a call. I wasn't written up, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was brought up because HR was made aware of the situation. I am wondering if my former company can say that they warned me back then about my job and that they were warranted to fire me 5 months later.

So far I have not gotten any papers from my former company on what they will present. Gotten quite a bit of stuff from the Unemployment office on how the procedure will go.

Last edited by speedy1383; 04-10-2014 at 08:35 PM..

Old 04-17-2014, 04:33 PM

Had my hearing today. I think I lost. I rambled too much. My former employer seemed to be in complete control. I didn't get a lot of sleep the night before because I was so worked up about today. I had my notes all prepared, but I practically winged it when it started. The HR rep actually asked if I would have gone back to the customer if I would do it all over again. Stupid question. I basically in hindsight that I would go back to the customer, but that wasn't the issue. I am just glad it's over. Started 15 minutes late which really amped up the pressure. It's funny. The ref seemed a bit inexperience if you ask me. She seemed to fumble her presentation a few times.

I did say I wasn't aware that putting someone on hold and having them hang up constitutes a violation of company policy. I argued that I was trying to help the customer by getting the answer before getting back to her.

Right now I would bet that I lost. Like I said, I rambled a few times. Probably will hurt me.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:18 PM

I did lose. Now I see if they will make me pay back the money I did receive. Oh this has been such a fun time these last few months. Just so much fun!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment