U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 PM

3 posts, read 4,660 times

Advertisements

I have been approved for training utilizing the Tuition Waiver and ABT. I have been working part time 5 hours a week for over three years, prior to receiving unemployment insurance as well as during. The income from my part time job is low enough to not affect receipt of benefits.

When approved for the waiver and ABT the counselor informed me that I could not have any other source of income other than unemployment. Volunteering was fine, I just was not allowed to receive pay. I have researched N.J.A.C. 12:23 and have not been able to find anything that states same. Does anyone happen to have current experience with the tuition waiver used in conjunction with ABT? Or perhaps is anyone familiar with the requirements?

My concern is that the counselor is misinformed and once I resign my position unemployment will terminate my ABT benefits for quitting my part-time job.

-on a side note-the counselor is retiring at the end of the month and appeared to be confused because the rules and documents regarding the agreement between the NJ DOL and Workforce Development have been amended. I actually had to help the individual with completing my forms because they were not sure how to complete the new form in Word. I attempted to contact a representative in other counties but I was informed they could not speak with me.

Thank you in advance for your response.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 08:39 PM

24,482 posts, read 53,048,108 times
FYI - there is very little discussion on this forum on ABT. Protocols are also state specific.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment