U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 10:58 AM

21 posts, read 87,046 times

Advertisements

Today is Monday and still no change in the status online from pended. Tomorrow will be one week since the phone interview. I really hope it goes through soon.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 02:44 PM

Called and spoke to a woman named miss "tall" today she was very nice. She said she was a supervisor and was sending an email on my behalf to the claims examiner that a decision needed to be made and that it was a week ago that the interview took place.

Hopefully I get some type of answer in the next day or so and its a good one.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:49 AM

I just logged on and the website still says pended however I called to check the balance and recent transactions on my claim and it says recent payments and the total available balance went down so I am assuming money was released to me it just didn't hit the account yet.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:59 PM

Default When do funds go on to UI debit card?

I checked on the website and my claim still says pended I am assuming by tomorrow morning that will change because I called the automated line and the overall balance changed to reflect retro weeks and also it says the last payment that went through was today on the 4th. Just curious when I can expect it to be on the BOA UI card that New Jersey issued me.

So the balance went from xxx to xxx and says that X amount was paid today.

So today was the first time I have had any money released since I claimed on June 12th.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:39 PM

Oh and also if someone could also answer the following question it would be greatly appreciated...

Does Bank of America post money to your account on Saturdays?

Old 08-04-2016, 06:53 PM

24,005 posts, read 51,836,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselone82 View Post
So today was the first time I have had any money released since I claimed on June 12th.
In NJ it takes two days. If monies were released today, Thursday, BofA should update Friday night latest, with money appearing Saturday.
Quote:
Does Bank of America post money to your account on Saturdays?
They should.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:10 PM

Thank you Ariadne22 very much. You have been incredibly helpful.

Old 08-05-2016, 05:28 AM

Just checked and the "your claim has been pended status has been removed" finally!

I also logged onto Bank of America and it shows the two deposits as pending but my actual balance is zero. That doesn't make much sense to me. If the deposit has been made and it's coming from a well known depositor such as NJ unemployment there shoul not be a hold on the money or status such as pending. Just my opinion but once it's posted to your account that full amount should be available!

Old 08-05-2016, 05:32 AM

14,508 posts, read 27,809,595 times
Quote:
it shows the two deposits as pending but my actual balance is zero.
In the banking world, pending transactions like that should be "available" regardless that your actual balance is zero. Direct deposits come in late at night, and are available for use, but do not "post" until that day's nightly processing is complete.

Mind you, that BofA debit card is NOT a real checking account subject to reg CC availability requirements. Do yourself a favor, get set up on direct deposit to your real bank account, and put that card in a sock drawer.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:07 AM

Thank you chyvan I am going to do exactly that because from what I am reading Bank of America is absolutely horrible. That funds were released yesterday morning and I checked BofA account throughout the day and it hadn't posted. At 6am this morning it showed up on the BofA account as a pending transaction and has a date of 8/8/16 which obviously tells me the funds won't be available until Monday which is ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment