U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-06-2016, 10:41 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
2 posts, read 77,172 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hi, I'm trying to find out what this means exactly? I have never filed for Unemployment before. I was laid off from my job nearly a month ago and I have gone online to claim two weeks of benefits so far. I received an email with a confirmation on the first week of benefits and just a confirmation # on the 2nd week. I just went in today to check in on my claim and received a message saying that my claim has been pended and to call an agent. The current wait time for NJ is over 3 hours! I have not been paid any benefits at all even though I was given a weekly amount and a total amount of eligible benefits. So I'm wondering if anyone can give any insight or help? Am I being penalized or does this normally take several weeks just to claim any benefits at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-06-2016, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
23,546 posts, read 50,140,471 times
Reputation: 18196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy7 View Post
Hi, I'm trying to find out what this means exactly? I have never filed for Unemployment before. I was laid off from my job nearly a month ago and I have gone online to claim two weeks of benefits so far. I received an email with a confirmation on the first week of benefits and just a confirmation # on the 2nd week. I just went in today to check in on my claim and received a message saying that my claim has been pended and to call an agent. The current wait time for NJ is over 3 hours! I have not been paid any benefits at all even though I was given a weekly amount and a total amount of eligible benefits. So I'm wondering if anyone can give any insight or help? Am I being penalized or does this normally take several weeks just to claim any benefits at all? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
It can take up to six weeks or more to get paid, depending on why you lost your job. What were the circumstances of the job loss?

It is very rare for NJ to pay benefits any earlier than three weeks after application - and even then only if your reasons and the employer's reason for the separation are the same.

At this point, NJ still hasn't heard back from the employer. Therefore, NJ can't pay. Keep claiming. If NJ has further questions, it will schedule an interview, in which case no payment may be forthcoming for five-six weeks after application, earliest.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2016, 12:16 PM
 
5 posts, read 116,261 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy7 View Post
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Its very early in your wait, so dont worry yet. All it means is that you're waiting for a human to make a decision on your claim. That's literally it. Pended = wait.

I am in a different boat and my wait has been longer, but I also had to do the interview. I had my interview last Thursday (7/7) and my claim was pended. Initial application was 6/5. So, over a month just for the interview (NJ). Its now the 7/15 and no answer on claim yet. Fairly confident I'll know my outcome early next week.

Crazily enough, I actually had some luck trying to get a hold of a "claims agent" a couple of days ago (7/13) in that someone called me back on a morning where I didnt hear the "Call back we're too busy" nonsense. It was basically just a general info call and the agent was really nice at least, but they're asking for trouble by requesting "call a claims agent" on the web interface when claims are pended if they're not going to tell you anything.

EDIT: Didnt notice the date on your post lol. Found via google, so you're probably already through the process.

Last edited by cramyoyo; 07-15-2016 at 12:24 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2016, 05:57 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
2 posts, read 77,172 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah it has been a few weeks and very arduous process, but finally my benefits have come through.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2016, 08:50 PM
 
5 posts, read 116,261 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footy7 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. Yeah it has been a few weeks and very arduous process, but finally my benefits have come through.
Glad to hear it, when did it finally happen for you?

I'm still waiting. On the 7th business day after the interview, so hoping for any day now.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2016, 09:33 PM
 
5 posts, read 116,261 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramyoyo View Post
Glad to hear it, when did it finally happen for you?

I'm still waiting. On the 7th business day after the interview, so hoping for any day now.
And now my claim has gone through, well holy crap haha. My first payment is just about to hit the bank (back pay too!)

My timeline:

6/5 - Initial claim
7/7 - Examiner interview
7/18 - Date of first payment

It must have been approved Thursday or Friday after my call to the center on 7/13.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2016, 12:23 PM
 
2 posts, read 38,774 times
Reputation: 10
Default Pending weekly benefits

I live in NJ and my claim just became payable this week after filing on 6/7/16. My claim balance was $2500 more when I first filed then when I filed today. But I have never seen any money. Does this mean I am getting all the weeks I missed at once? My weekly benefit rate looked the same as always. What happened to that money now that I am approved?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2016, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
23,546 posts, read 50,140,471 times
Reputation: 18196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebby92 View Post
I live in NJ and my claim just became payable this week after filing on 6/7/16. My claim balance was $2500 more when I first filed then when I filed today. But I have never seen any money. Does this mean I am getting all the weeks I missed at once? My weekly benefit rate looked the same as always. What happened to that money now that I am approved?
NJ will pay all those weeks at once - probably on Tuesday. Did you file another weekly claim today? Isn't there a payment history you can check?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 03:44 PM
 
21 posts, read 84,648 times
Reputation: 12
I filed my claim on 6/12/16 my "non monetary interview" was on 7/26 wayyyy over a month later and yesterday after the interview my status changed to "your claim has been pended" the examiner who called me told me 2-3 days after relieving the fax from me I would get my money... So I faxed it to him TWICE immediately after getting off phone wth him...I spoke to an agent and they told me 1-2 weeks after the examiner interview. 2+ months to receive first payment?! That's insane!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
23,546 posts, read 50,140,471 times
Reputation: 18196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselone82 View Post
I filed my claim on 6/12/16 my "non monetary interview" was on 7/26 wayyyy over a month later and yesterday after the interview my status changed to "your claim has been pended" the examiner who called me told me 2-3 days after relieving the fax from me I would get my money... So I faxed it to him TWICE immediately after getting off phone wth him...I spoke to an agent and they told me 1-2 weeks after the examiner interview. 2+ months to receive first payment?! That's insane!
Agent is wrong. If you were interviewed, examiner has approved and you faxed data to him yesterday, he probably put through approval data today which will be updated in system tonight. So, you should see an online change tomorrow - and money in your account possibly Thursday or Friday. Otherwise, early next week. NJ isn't that slow in making back payments.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top