U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2017, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,684 times

Advertisements

I missed the RESEA appointment on 7/11. Received my first payment on 7/17. Submitted the second webcert on 7/23 but have yet to be paid. Today in the mail I received two letters: one telling me the date of my next available claim date, the 29th, and one informing of a phone interview on 8/1. The second letter states the issue to be resolved as "reporting requirements," I'm guessing that means the appointment I missed on 7/11.

I've tried calling to reschedule the appointment but it's impossible to get a hold of anyone. I've read here not to take the phone interview, but what about under these circumstances?

Thanks for any help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 08:14 PM

14,508 posts, read 27,823,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dljrp View Post
I've read here not to take the phone interview, but what about under these circumstances?
That's only for people that were FIRED. You missed an appointment. You need to make up that appointment, and you need to discuss WHY you missed it. If it's anything short of having an interview, you better learn to tell your story right. Do NOT just say you had an interview, you better be able to prove it. You'll be out benefits from the time you missed until you make it up, and if you tell your story wrong, you can make things much worse.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 9,239 times
Hello thanks for taking the time to reply.

Having an interview sure beats my excuse, but I'll just cross my fingers and hope they let me reschedule. I have the work search logs for the weeks I've claimed, as well as this one.

Last edited by Elbassmanjr; 07-27-2017 at 09:42 PM..

Old 07-27-2017, 09:38 PM

14,508 posts, read 27,823,749 times
YOU need to do the rescheduling. The longer you delay, the more money you are out.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 9,239 times
I finally went to this thing and wow what a waste of time. Not exactly surprising.

What did surprise me was the two mandatory classes required to be taken within 60 days. The hardest part will be keeping my eyes open.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbassmanjr View Post
I finally went to this thing and wow what a waste of time. Not exactly surprising.

What did surprise me was the two mandatory classes required to be taken within 60 days. The hardest part will be keeping my eyes open.
So what happened after your telephone interview.I missed a workshop and have a interview coming up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment