Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 05:31 PM

17 posts, read 7,427 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have an interview this week about my recent job at AMAZON. I said i was let go to the UE lady when i had quit myself.

I got approved for second year however they want to interview me.

I was there for a month (JUL/2018 - AUG 2018)it was was a seasonal part time job. I got hired to work in 3rd shift which I hated the schedule so switched it over. It was very pysically demanding job. Which I didn’t know it was gonna be that way. I lasted a week in that shift then quit.

That was my last job since I my old job 11/18/2017.

I am not sure what they’ll ask me but i need income to help me survive. So if anyone wants to give me helpful tips I would highly appreciate it.

I also have a job now that is part time but i dont know when i will start. I have orientation this week but have to wait to get placed at a position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 05:55 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,112,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenandwaffles View Post
I got approved for second year however they want to interview me.
You were NOT approved. You were told that's what you'd get IF IDES decides to pay you.

Quote:
I was there for a month (JUL/2018 - AUG 2018)it was was a seasonal part time job. I got hired to work in 3rd shift which I hated the schedule so switched it over. It was very pysically demanding job. Which I didn’t know it was gonna be that way. I lasted a week in that shift then quit.
However, you quit. Expect problems getting approved. There might be a good cause quit in this story, but I don't like the way you're telling it.

Quote:
I also have a job now that is part time but i dont know when i will start. I have orientation this week but have to wait to get placed at a position.
SAVE your letters. If this works out, the earnings from this part-time job, will purge the Amazon quit. When you have paystubs showing the correct earnings required from the letter, you can then REopen the claim and collect partial UI maybe.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:12 PM

Thanks for the response. What do you mean by you dont like the way i am saying it?

Old 12-17-2018, 06:19 PM

It's too short. When you quit and want UI, the story is longer. It doesn't say what shift you were hired for, what shift you switched to, if your duties changed because of the switch, if you went to the employer to complain, what you were told. Sounds like you hated the job and quit on the spot <- and that's just not good cause.

Now, I suspect what happened is that by August, you were out of UI benefits. You knew you weren't getting anymore, therefore, you didn't quit properly because at the time it didn't matter. Now, with a 2nd-year claim at stake, you're desperate. You should have gotten help back in August BEFORE you quit the job. I could have helped you.

Now, you're working to prove a quit that happened 4 months ago with correct evidence that's probably long gone was good cause.

Last edited by Chyvan; 12-17-2018 at 06:51 PM..

Old 12-17-2018, 06:41 PM

Before I got the job in orientation they told us to pick 3 shifts that we wanted BUT they didn’t guarantee it. So I picked am - noon shifts because I know that works best for me. However they were b.s us in orientation and gave us the only shift they had open which was the 3rd shift. I took the job anyway because I needed money. The work for 3rd shift I enjoyed. It was just scanning and sorting. It was physical. A lot of walking and lifting boxes. But I enjoy physical to my abilities. I’m a young woman so I love being active. but 3rd shift was not for me so I asked to be moved to 1st shift. They didn’t explain to me the difference between the duties. Never told me what I was gonna do. They just switched me. On my first day it was clear it wasn’t gonna be the same. I had to scan, lift, bags that were way too heavy for me onto a cart. Then load them onto a van. I had to do it in a short amount of time. The first day was easy cause I had help the entire shift from a male. But the following days were just way too much for me. I tired my best lifting the heavy bags filled with boxed and packages. I tired my best loading the vans. I tried my best doing in a timely manner, however, it was never good enough for them. I kept being scolded at for being “too slow”. It was my first week with those new job duties so their expectations were too high. I couldn’t do it anymore. They had no other shifts open but 1st and 3rd shift which were not working for me. So I quit. Even tho I didn’t want to quit.

My benefits actually ended in June. So yea.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:49 PM

How many days were you on the job EXACTLY?

It's still not a good cause quit with the way you're telling it. If they were telling you that you were "too slow" you should have waited for them to fire you. The "I did my best" only works for fired people, not quitters.

I still don't like your story, and you told it. It's not a winner.

If you worked there less than 30 days, you might be able to say, "I quit unsuitable work," but if it was 31 or more, that's not going to work.

You need to tell your story better. No where in that second telling did you say, "I told them I can't do this job. The stuff is too heavy," and then they told you, "too bad." You don't get to quit and get UI unless you tell the employer the problem, and if they don't fix it, only then do you start getting into good cause quit territory.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:59 PM

Thank again for the replies.

I was there for maybe 3 weeks tops.

I might just give up on this one. Honestly it’s not worth fighting for. Luckily I have a job now and I’ll be able to get on my feet soon. I only did the UE claim because my new job is taking forever to find me a position. It’s a security officer company that hires ppl to place on locations they have. Honestly I enjoy working. Always have it’s just unfortunate that my last job let me for a petty reason. Thanks again.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I was there for maybe 3 weeks tops.

I might just give up on this one. Honestly it’s not worth fighting for.
Use this. It's less than 30 days. If you have no history of lugging heavy boxes, then this is starting to look like a winner.

If you can get the UI, GET IT. It's the way to punish the employer that put you in this mess in the first place. When you don't get all the UI you can, you incent them to do it to the next person because it didn't cost them what it should have.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:46 PM

You’re right. I totally forgot this goes back to my old job that fired me. Imma stick what you said. But do I still tell my story, but include what you said.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:48 PM

No, you're story is missing the part about what you did to fix things. Just say it was unsuitable and describe the heavy lifting and that you were there less than 30 days and never did heavy lifting at any other job in your life, and if you'd known, you'd have never even applied let alone accepted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment