U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2019, 11:55 AM

3 posts, read 978 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I was fired from my job on 1/25/19 due to poor work performance. I applied for unemployment and the claim was effective the week of 1/28/19. I received a monetary determination letter on 2/1/19 but have not heard anything else since today is 2/15/19. Based on my research there is supposed to be a phone call or something of the sorts, I am becoming worried. My claim is still pending online, which probably means I will not get paid next week which is the 3rd week. Does anyone have a timeline on how these claims are handled? Ease my mind I am driving myself crazy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 11:57 PM

14,508 posts, read 28,049,521 times
It takes a minimum of 3 weeks to approve a claim let alone release funds. Poor performance CAN be misconduct but not always. It needs to be investigated.

You don't want to do a phone interview because you'll probably mess up like most other claimants do, and compromise your chances at an appeal hearing where it really counts.

Old 02-16-2019, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 978 times
Default NY Part time Job jeopardizing my chances of UI

Hello,

I was fired from my full-time job on January 25, 2019. I was also working on the weekends at a place where you volunteer to work, so I didn't exactly need to go if i did not want to and it was only on weekends. Since I am no longer able to live around where I currently live due to loosing my main employment I told the part time job I will no longer be able to work after February and gave them a resignation letter.
I received a letter from unemployment saying that I quit this weekend job on the 1/28/19 but I worked today. How can I get out of this ?

I'm also moving to Los Angeles California in March because my husband lives there, can I use the trailing spouse claim on this part time job. I know you're not supposed to count on unemployment but I desperately need it. I appreciate anyones help, Thanks in advance.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:59 PM

14,508 posts, read 28,049,521 times
You should have posted this in your other thread. Moderator note: Threads merged.

You probably can't get out of it now. The time to quit was BEFORE you lost your full-time job.

You might have been able to use trailing spouse, but you already quit for a reason that had nothing to do with your spouse at the time you quit so it's probably too late. As you can see, UI is complex. You need to start laying it all out there so you can get the proper advice, and stop guessing and thinking that everything is going to just work out.

The damage may already be done. You need to tell the full story with DATES to see if your situation can be salvaged.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-16-2019 at 03:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment