Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 12:09 PM

92 posts, read 60,624 times

Advertisements

this is what i just read in my inbox

YOU HAVE RECEIVED ALL THE BENEFITS PAYABLE ON YOUR CLAIM AND NO EXTENDED BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU. IF UNEMPLOYED, YOU MAY FILE A NEW CLAIM BY VISITING OUR WEB SITE AT WWW.EDD.CA.GOV OR CALLING YOUR UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE OFFICE ONE TO FIVE DAYS BEFORE 06/20/20. IF YOU FILE AS INSTRUCTED AND ARE OTHERWISE ELIGIBLE, YOU MAY RECEIVE WAITING PERIOD CREDIT FOR THE WEEK ENDING 06/20/20.
YOUR CLAIM BALANCE AFTER THIS PAYMENT IS $0.00
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 12:13 PM

1,185 posts, read 749,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdb8 View Post
ive only claimed benefits once and it ended last month
What do you mean by ended last month? You would have stopped claiming when you gained new employment in October.

When did you start claiming benefits after re-opening the claim?

Something about the math here is not adding up at all. You’ve either claimed more weeks than what you’ve stated,
Or claimed while you were employed.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:14 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
Quote:
YOU MAY FILE A NEW CLAIM
This is the most disingenuous statement in the world.

What they leave out is that, "and even if you do, we might still deny you so don't get your hopes up. If you want to make sure that you get a new claim make sure you meet these requirements: https://www.edd.ca.gov/UIBDG/Miscellaneous_MI_15.htm#TheLagPeriod"

And it's the crap the UI agencies write that make me hate them so much. It's not inaccurate, but when someone doesn't know what it means, then they do things and are left disappointed or maybe even put themselves into a worse situation.

Old 02-10-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
What do you mean by ended last month? You would have stopped claiming when you gained new employment in October.

When did you start claiming benefits after re-opening the claim?
Maximum Benefits Paid

You have received all benefits payable to you at this time. You cannot file another California Unemployment Insurance claim until your current benefit year ends.

Claim Summary

Last Payment Issued
$628.00 on 01/05/2020

Claim Balance
$0.00

Weekly Benefit Amount
$314.00

Benefit Year
06/23/2019 - 06/20/2020

Work Search Requirements
You must be able and available for work and look for full-time work each week.

Week 1 Certification Status
Paid for week ending 12/28/2019

Week 2 Certification Status
Paid for week ending 01/04/2020

Old 02-10-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
This is the most disingenuous statement in the world.

What they leave out is that, "and even if you do, we might still deny you so don't get your hopes up. If you want to make sure that you get a new claim make sure you meet these requirements: https://www.edd.ca.gov/UIBDG/Miscellaneous_MI_15.htm#TheLagPeriod"

And it's the crap the UI agencies write that make me hate them so much. It's not inaccurate, but when someone doesn't know what it means, then they do things and are left disappointed or maybe even put themselves into a worse situation.
yes im pretty sure i meet some of those requirements, should i file a new claim? or what do u suggest i should do?

Old 02-10-2020, 12:25 PM

You don't meet them as far as I can tell. You were fired from Jiffy Lube, you applied for UI, it was your LAST employment, and you collected 26 weeks of benefits, and you haven't worked since. Correct?

Old 02-10-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
You don't meet them as far as I can tell. You were fired from Jiffy Lube, you applied for UI, it was your LAST employment, and you collected 26 weeks of benefits, and you haven't worked since. Correct?
ive worked 2 jobs but didnt pass probationary period

Old 02-10-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
So, you claimed WHILE you were working those two jobs?

Listen. You do not have a new claim, and now you can't claim again until June 2020. If you claimed while you were working, you've got bigger issues coming at you.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Just apply and see what happens. I can't tell from your story because you're not listing JOBS with DATES or EARNINGS.

Last I knew, you posted in July about Jiffy Lube. Then you said here that you lost a job because of the death of relatives which wouldn't get you your UI back unless your employer's just didn't care, but there weren't any dates, so I thought it was jobs before Jiffy Lube. You also said in that other thread no wanted want to hire you, and that was in Oct.

You need HISTORY, or throw the dice in June, 2020 and take your chances. It's better to know if you have a shot, but you don't get this stuff.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Just apply and see what happens. I can't tell from your story because you're not listing JOBS with DATES or EARNINGS.

Last I knew, you posted in July about Jiffy Lube. Then you said here that you lost a job because of the death of relatives which wouldn't get you your UI back unless your employer's just didn't care, but there weren't any dates, so I thought it was jobs before Jiffy Lube. You also said in that other thread no wanted want to hire you, and that was in Oct.

You need HISTORY, or throw the dice in June, 2020 and take your chances. It's better to know if you have a shot, but you don't get this stuff.
Based on his prior thread, he had roughly $8K in benefits available. The only way the math works is if he claimed every week - including those weeks that he was employed elsewhere.

Now, if it was a smaller or fly by night employer, those earnings may not have been reported yet. Or they did some "under the table until you pass probation" thing.

He's SOL for a new claim, and possibly super hosed when those earnings hit the state's radar. I absolutely would NOT apply again right now. Best case it's a waste of time, worst case he mentions one of the two employers and really opens Pandora's Box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment