Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 08:04 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,058,740 times

Advertisements

I guess. It's hard to believe, it was so fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 08:23 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,963,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLW1280 View Post
I calimed for the first time today, got an email tonite that my funds will be Deposited into my account in the next 2 days-So I guess Im good to go??
Maybe
Maybe not

When you picked "fired" from for the reason but also selected "reorganization" as the specifics, it may have defaulted to a lay-off type processing. They may have paid benefits based on the assumption you were legitimately laid-off. Should your former employer give a potentially disqualifying reason, things could change real quickly. In the end, based on your versions of events, I don't see any reason to deny but things could become a hassle until it's all straightened out if your former employer is a jerk.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:42 AM

268 posts, read 218,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
I guess. It's hard to believe, it was so fast.
Why so pessimistic? Not meant to be rude in any way-you took alot of time to help me should things go sour-idk seems alot on this board are assuming and expecting the worst--

NoReplyUIPay@dol.nj.gov
Wed, Feb 12, 8:47 PM (10 hours ago)
to

Claimant ID# ,
An Unemployment insurance benefit payment in the amount of $ has been processed and
sent to the bank for deposit into your DIRECT DEPOSIT account.

Please allow up to 2 business days for the funds to appear in your account.

If a holiday falls within this period, please allow an additional day for processing.

Old 02-13-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Maybe
Maybe not

When you picked "fired" from for the reason but also selected "reorganization" as the specifics, it may have defaulted to a lay-off type processing. They may have paid benefits based on the assumption you were legitimately laid-off. Should your former employer give a potentially disqualifying reason, things could change real quickly. In the end, based on your versions of events, I don't see any reason to deny but things could become a hassle until it's all straightened out if your former employer is a jerk.
IDK maybe-but Im going to choose to look at this as my former employer didn't contest-and I am receiving the benefits I 100% deserve and just be happy that the process went smooth. After losing my job-this is a little something to be grateful for-

Thank you for your guidance-should something happen-Ill be back-

Old 02-13-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Why so pessimistic?
Read some other NJ threads of potentially complex separations. It takes them 6 to 8 weeks to get on the schedule for a phone interview let alone paid benefits. You got them in like 2. It's very socking.

Old 02-13-2020, 11:00 AM

I can see that but maybe a lot go through like mine do and the ppl don’t go on forums for info . I do bc I get anxiety over this stuff! My aunt gets unemployment quite often and it has always gone through - I think she said one time she had a phone interview in her lifetime.
Hopefully this is a done deal for me so I can breathe a sigh of relief while looking for a new job.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
IDK maybe-but Im going to choose to look at this as my former employer didn't contest-and I am receiving the benefits I 100% deserve and just be happy that the process went smooth. After losing my job-this is a little something to be grateful for-
The concern is not getting paid, it's over the timing of the payment. NJ does not pay benefits when they do not have all the facts from both sides in front of them or until the statutory time for responses has expired. Since the statutory time for a response has not yet expired, it means your employer may or may not have responded yet.

New Jersey (like many other states) will pay benefits immediately when the reason for unemployment is due to being in a laid off type situation. This can be either from you, the employer or both. It doesn't mean you're in the clear until the employer's time period to respond has come and gone. If your employer provides a disqualifying reason for your unemployment during the statutory time period for responding, your benefits will stop. If they don't respond or miss the time period the regulations provide for a response, their next step would be an appeal.

So, we know just from the regulations that you need to be vigilant to any issues that may arise until such time as all statutory periods your former employer has to cause problems have expired. This is not based on what people have said or told us, it's based on the actual regulations that NJ must follow by law. Don't live on fear of a disqualification popping up, but don'y think all is rosy and bright just because you got a payment.

Old 02-13-2020, 04:39 PM

Isnt the time for the employer to respond in NJ 10 days?

Old 02-13-2020, 07:42 PM

For a default grant of benefits, yes, BUT they can raise a NEW issue "we had continuing work available and JLW1280 refused it," or the employer can just outright appeal.

This isn't necessarily over, and Rabbrita caught something that didn't occur to me. The "reorganization" part may very well have been all the UI worker needed to see to be inclined to grant benefits under a "lay off," and completely skipped over the other part you wrote that would put me on notice to dig a little deeper.

Just enjoy your benefits, but watch your mail box or your payments going into "pending" status. We'll be here to help if it gets ugly. You don't have to do this alone.

Old 02-13-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Isnt the time for the employer to respond in NJ 10 days?
It's ten days from the mailing. Since the request for information could be set a week or three weeks after a person applies, 3 to 6 weeks could be in the window of a valid response. Additionally, because of past challenges, those 10 days can be stretched out some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
For a default grant of benefits, yes, BUT they can raise a NEW issue "we had continuing work available and JLW1280 refused it," or the employer can just outright appeal.
Would a change in approval based on a false statement issue be outside any response requirement because it's the State and not the employer stepping in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment