Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 05:31 PM

957 posts, read 537,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVus702 View Post
Aw heck, have been following this (frustrating) journey since the beginning; hope Funds are released/received soon since the Determination was made nearly a month ago.
Thank you !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2020, 06:05 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,767,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaceyellis View Post
No kidding!!
He won the first appeal back in... I want to say Feb? something like that. But then they said he made $3.26 to little under that employer so went to his previous employer.. denied it... so that hearing was April 23rd but that employer never sent him any of the 'proof' they wanted to enter into evidence so the ALJ guy continued the hearing until May 6th. (and even though he had told the employer to send the evidence 'ASAP'... they literally placed it by hand in my sons mailbox about 15 min before the hearing!!). Anyway.. he won the May 6th hearing as well.. and received the determination around the 10th or 11th of May. And there it has sat.

He has been claiming every week... but since he hasnt been paid anything, his money is all still there as 'claimable' - unless you mean that he can claim once the money they owe him is depleted (once they pay him) ?

I hope leaving the voicemail works!! but I have my doubts LOL One day my son will be a millionaire... from UI LOLOLOLOL
That's crazy. normally once a determination is entered it should be reflected in his account with a couple of days. Maybe when the state "opens back up" someone might get to doing their job and enter the decision in and free up his claimed weeks so he can get paid.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
That's crazy. normally once a determination is entered it should be reflected in his account with a couple of days. Maybe when the state "opens back up" someone might get to doing their job and enter the decision in and free up his claimed weeks so he can get paid.
Thank goodness Im not the only one thinking this is absolutely ludicrous!!
Its so bad.... You just have to laugh about it lol

Old 06-05-2020, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Thank goodness Im not the only one thinking this is absolutely ludicrous!!
Its so bad.... You just have to laugh about it lol
I kept thinking this week that after the Trenton looting and rioting earlier in the week we're probably never going to have the dang unemployment people back to work LOL

It's 100% ludicrous as it's a matter of someone flipping a switch so to speak and allowing his claim to now be payable. Person A/Department A must not have handed off the decision to Person B/Department B. It sounds like the people he spoke to didn't have the decision in their "mitts" yet.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I kept thinking this week that after the Trenton looting and rioting earlier in the week we're probably never going to have the dang unemployment people back to work LOL

It's 100% ludicrous as it's a matter of someone flipping a switch so to speak and allowing his claim to now be payable. Person A/Department A must not have handed off the decision to Person B/Department B. It sounds like the people he spoke to didn't have the decision in their "mitts" yet.
Youve hit the nail on the head... that is EXACTLY what it is!!

And yeah!! Although Im not sure the people who are actually there answering the phones are people who can do anything... they are just phone answerers (he spoke with TWO women before being transferred to the vm of the guy) - the first woman LITERALLY and actually said this : "the first thing says General Suspension... Im not sure what that means... and then there are a bunch of other words... so... umm... yeah" Literally.

The second woman said that it said he was incarcerated... and paused... at which point he said 'Uh... soooooo IF I was incarcerated would I have been able to be on hold for the last FOUR and a HALF hours in order to speak to you??????????" she said 'ohhhh yeah I guess not ha ha" (rolling my eyeballs)

Sooooooo Im pretty sure they are seat warmers - not REAL UI people
lol

Old 06-05-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:

The second woman said that it said he was incarcerated... and paused... at which point he said 'Uh... soooooo IF I was incarcerated would I have been able to be on hold for the last FOUR and a HALF hours in order to speak to you??????????" she said 'ohhhh yeah I guess not ha ha" (rolling my eyeballs)

Sooooooo Im pretty sure they are seat warmers - not REAL UI people
lol
my spin on incarcerated is the worker didn't know the word she was reading and/or wasn't pronouncing the word right LOL. Hmm let's think of UI words that are closely spelled like incarcerated or might be mistakenly pronounced like incarcerated. He should have asked her to spell the word she was reading from her screen. I guarantee the word isnt incarcerated. I don't even think they have seats. remote access in their PJs answering the phones possibly from home.

Old 06-06-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
my spin on incarcerated is the worker didn't know the word she was reading and/or wasn't pronouncing the word right LOL. Hmm let's think of UI words that are closely spelled like incarcerated or might be mistakenly pronounced like incarcerated. He should have asked her to spell the word she was reading from her screen. I guarantee the word isnt incarcerated. I don't even think they have seats. remote access in their PJs answering the phones possibly from home.
Incinerated?? cause thats what his UI claim seems to be LOLOLOLOL

Yeah... she was probably watching 'Orange is the new Black' while she answered the phone - hence the 'incarcerated' LOLOLOLOL

Old 06-07-2020, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Incinerated?? cause thats what his UI claim seems to be LOLOLOLOL

Yeah... she was probably watching 'Orange is the new Black' while she answered the phone - hence the 'incarcerated' LOLOLOLOL
that gave me my chuckle for the night. Thanks. Seriously the person pronounced the word wrong. I like incinerated. I think NJ DOL commissioner should be incinerated . It's amazing how many times I've had various people on the phone (not just NJ UI) and finally have had to ask for them to spell the word they've said half a dozen times to which I can't understand what they're saying or doesn't make sense. and when they spell it I say "oh ... you mean....so and so" unbelievable they even have jobs.

Old 06-07-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
that gave me my chuckle for the night. Thanks. Seriously the person pronounced the word wrong. I like incinerated. I think NJ DOL commissioner should be incinerated . It's amazing how many times I've had various people on the phone (not just NJ UI) and finally have had to ask for them to spell the word they've said half a dozen times to which I can't understand what they're saying or doesn't make sense. and when they spell it I say "oh ... you mean....so and so" unbelievable they even have jobs.
OMG I know what you mean!!
I was in the Taco Bell drive up yesterday (yeah... I know.. lololol but my 4 year old gdaughter loves their 'bean cups' lol) And I had to repeat my order like 4 times, the girl kept saying 'What???!!!?? do you mean NACHOS????' WTF... isnt that what I just said?? Nachos???

I finally said 'man this is difficult! Drive up is supposed to be easier!'
She wasnt happy... when I got to the window she kept giving me the stink eye lololol

But of course she is only paid minimum wage... as opposed to those at UI whom Im sure are making better than minimum wage.

And yeah... NJ seems to have a whole slew of issues... as does California

Old 06-09-2020, 08:55 AM

Default OHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So My son had written to David Gerstenfeld (the new acting director of the UI here in Oregon) stating his claim issues.
Today he received a reply from Mr G saying he is very sorry for the problems with the claim and he has asked that my sons claim be prioritized...

Today when my son checked, he was paid for ONE week (its better than NO weeks!) for his claim week March 7th - 13th.

The only weird thing is (he sent me a screen shot) is that the weeks up until March 7th all still say 'denied' (now, remember he had a hearing for those weeks and the ALJ overturned the denial) - they then put his waiting week at the week of Feb 25th - March 6th. Smack dab in the middle of his claim weeks. Right after his March 7th week was a week where he worked for another employer... so he made 'excess earnings' but then he was let go again...

Ohhh I just realised.. he probably will have another hearing now, for the last employer. Crap.

But.. .at least he got SOME money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment