Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2020, 08:23 PM

112 posts, read 130,141 times

Advertisements

From the website:
--------------------------------------------------------

Did you file an Unemployment Insurance Claim during the COVID-19 Pandemic?

IF YOU CLICK NO, YOU GET THIS BELOW:

You cannot apply for PUA until you apply for regular unemployment insurance first, and we inform you that you are ineligible for regular benefits. Once you are informed that you are ineligible for regular unemployment insurance, you may apply for PUA benefits.

IF YOU CLICK YES, YOU FILL OUT ALL THE ANSWERS IN EACH FORM TO CLAIM BENEFIT.

-------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT IS THE RELATIONSHIP TO REGULAR UI CLAIMS?

A person may file under the PUA program; however, PUA is NOT payable if the person is eligible for unemployment compensation under any state or other federal program

------------------------------------------------------------

so those of us who are waiting to re certify because we exhausted after 7/1/19, I believe we have to answer "no" because we were not able to certify, best to wait for the "LETTER" in the mail to follow instructions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2020, 08:33 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,156,212 times
Is there a link in there for PUEC?

Or. Maybe wait for them to finish the updates and see if it’s different by the morning.

Old 04-05-2020, 08:34 PM

112 posts, read 130,141 times
No, I don't see it

In addition, the PUA is now $504, not $600, so they just made this last change, false advertising.

HOW IS THE WEEKLY PUA BENEFIT RATE CALCULATED?

The PUA rate is calculated based on the regular New York State unemployment insurance (UI) formula. We use all wages in the tax year that was completed immediately before the pandemic assistance period. We include wages from covered, non-covered, and self-employment. If there are insufficient employment and wages in the base period, the rate will be one-half the state’s average weekly UI benefit amount.

The PUA rate of a self-employed person who has no net earnings during the base period will be one-half the state’s average weekly UI benefit amount.

An applicant may be eligible for PUA if they became the breadwinner or major support for a household because the head of the household died as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic. In this case, the PUA rate will be the rate the deceased head of the household would have been entitled to receive. However, if the applicant is entitled to a higher rate based on his/her own earnings, the higher rate will apply.

The maximum weekly benefit amount for PUA and regular UI benefits is the same: $504.

Old 04-05-2020, 08:55 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,156,212 times
PUA is not the $600 enhancement. PUA is the UI replacement for 1099 employees or those not normally eligible. WHICH IS WHY IT IS THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT AS UI.

Damn. Are all New Yorkers this paranoid?

Old 04-05-2020, 10:47 PM

144 posts, read 86,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nychelp View Post
No, I don't see it

In addition, the PUA is now $504, not $600, so they just made this last change, false advertising.

HOW IS THE WEEKLY PUA BENEFIT RATE CALCULATED?

The PUA rate is calculated based on the regular New York State unemployment insurance (UI) formula. We use all wages in the tax year that was completed immediately before the pandemic assistance period. We include wages from covered, non-covered, and self-employment. If there are insufficient employment and wages in the base period, the rate will be one-half the state’s average weekly UI benefit amount.

The PUA rate of a self-employed person who has no net earnings during the base period will be one-half the state’s average weekly UI benefit amount.

An applicant may be eligible for PUA if they became the breadwinner or major support for a household because the head of the household died as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic. In this case, the PUA rate will be the rate the deceased head of the household would have been entitled to receive. However, if the applicant is entitled to a higher rate based on his/her own earnings, the higher rate will apply.

The maximum weekly benefit amount for PUA and regular UI benefits is the same: $504.
Lol the 600 is seprate. Some just cant seem to grasp it

Old 04-05-2020, 11:54 PM

94 posts, read 64,355 times
Well I logged into my account and filed of the PUA form. My excitement may have gotten the best of me. I completed the form twice by accident lol. First time I was approved. Second time I clicked to see my application again I didn’t see it so I completed the application again and was denied lol. Hopefully they go with my first application with the approval. But it looks like we should see those extra benefits soon

Old 04-06-2020, 05:01 AM

153 posts, read 83,893 times
Hey guys. The 600 dollar supplement has been released on my account along with my regular weekly payment this morningl

Old 04-06-2020, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candirockstar View Post
Hey guys. The 600 dollar supplement has been released on my account along with my regular weekly payment this morningl
Wow what state for NY? I can’t even login it’s saying system error.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:19 AM

153 posts, read 83,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNew2this View Post
Wow what state for NY? I can’t even login it’s saying system error.

Yep. It was saying that for me at first but I kept reloading the page I’m impatient and reading these forums made me paranoid.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candirockstar View Post
Yep. It was saying that for me at first but I kept reloading the page I’m impatient and reading these forums made me paranoid.
Wow good for you. I exhausted my benefits so my amount still says zero. Hopefully they get to the rest of us people in my situation soon.

So I’m being nosy sorry lol but you got the $600 along with your regular benefit amount right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment