Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2021, 03:25 PM

10 posts, read 4,794 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Does anyone know if we can certify over the phone for PUA in NJ? I missed my online window to certify this past week and am trying to call to certify, but it says PUA cannot certify over the phone and must be filed online. However, I did hear on here that ppl were filing over the phone. So, I'm confused, but I just really need to certify. I already haven't been paid anything since 11/28, so I don't want to create any more problems. :/

Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2021, 10:56 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,768,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahui Ollin View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know if we can certify over the phone for PUA in NJ? I missed my online window to certify this past week and am trying to call to certify, but it says PUA cannot certify over the phone and must be filed online. However, I did hear on here that ppl were filing over the phone. So, I'm confused, but I just really need to certify. I already haven't been paid anything since 11/28, so I don't want to create any more problems. :/

Thanks in advance for any help!
NO, people have been doing it and the last several months some PUA claims have been flagged and sent to claim purgatory because instructions clearly say not to and to file online.. It is because you are not answering COVID questions when doing it by phone and that self certification for COVID is required each week you claim. I even saw a person who called after their PUA claim was flagged was told since it was a direct intention on part of the claimant to circumvent the system their claim would be at the bottom of the pile to correct since it wasn't an accidental mistake. DON'T do it. just claim your weeks online at the makeup time slots on Friday or Saturday. It's not worth a few days extra to wait for a payment to screw up your claim and wait months to get corrected.

Old 01-25-2021, 06:31 PM

10 posts, read 4,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
NO, people have been doing it and the last several months some PUA claims have been flagged and sent to claim purgatory because instructions clearly say not to and to file online.. It is because you are not answering COVID questions when doing it by phone and that self certification for COVID is required each week you claim. I even saw a person who called after their PUA claim was flagged was told since it was a direct intention on part of the claimant to circumvent the system their claim would be at the bottom of the pile to correct since it wasn't an accidental mistake. DON'T do it. just claim your weeks online at the makeup time slots on Friday or Saturday. It's not worth a few days extra to wait for a payment to screw up your claim and wait months to get corrected.
Thank you so much, scraprsmith!

It's so strange because even the person I spoke with on the phone in December said I could certify by phone when I told her it was difficult for me to do so online.

Ugh. Mixed messages. Gotta love 'em.

Also, I even missed the make-up windows last week. Ugh. I hope I haven't started an even longer delay in payment. It's already been two months.

NJ PUA Limbo is so fun. :/

Old 01-25-2021, 07:13 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,768,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahui Ollin View Post
Thank you so much, scraprsmith!

It's so strange because even the person I spoke with on the phone in December said I could certify by phone when I told her it was difficult for me to do so online.

Ugh. Mixed messages. Gotta love 'em.

Also, I even missed the make-up windows last week. Ugh. I hope I haven't started an even longer delay in payment. It's already been two months.

NJ PUA Limbo is so fun. :/
claim shouldn't turn off after missing one week of claiming. Normally it would have but not in COVID times. claims have been kept open. I wouldn't certify for PUA over the phone. check the schedule set alarms to remind you when to claim on Friday. You will certify your first week and on the confirmation screen will be"claim additional weeks" you click that and claim the next week.

Yes I've heard reps say the same thing to people, in ignorance and because they dont' have the answer to give a person so they say just claim by phone.. yes until claim comes back not payable and sits for months with no payments coming in.

Nothing is fun right now in NJ... from NJ DOL standpoint... actually let's be real.. in general for the State of NJ. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment