Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 02:17 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,214,579 times

Advertisements

This is what I'm thinking....

1) For claims that ended from March 29, 2020 until Dec. 2020, those claims will automatically have the 13 week extension added to their claims. They can start certifying right away.

For claims that ended from July 1, 2019 until March 28, 2020, they will have to apply for the 13 weeks through PUEC, which will just be a quick questionnaire.

In those 2 situations, since they already have their B of A bank cards, they should receive money the first week of June (if they are approved).

2) For freelancers, they will apply for PUA, which will be a similar length claim form to regular UI but with different wording.

It is only supposed to take 24-48 hours to start being able to certify once you apply. Since they don't have their B of A cards yet, they will have to wait until they receive those to get the actual money (if they are approved).

So with the exception of the normal amount of glitches, most people should at least know where they stand by the first week of June.

Is this about right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2020, 03:47 PM

160 posts, read 141,307 times
You mean first week of May right ?
I’m in the second group since my payments exhausted 3/22/20 a whole 7 days before 3/29
So I’m waiting for it and WHEN they’ll be a PEUC option for an extension.
Have BoA card and everything ready to go.

Old 04-19-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonte View Post
I’m in the second group since my payments exhausted 3/22/20 a whole 7 days before 3/29
Oops! Yes, I mean May.

I will edit it. Thank you!

Old 04-19-2020, 03:50 PM

It won't let me edit.

JUNE SHOULD BE MAY.

So people "should" start getting their money in early May or at least know where they stand.

Old 04-19-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonte View Post
I think it will be a quick process for all 13 week extensions once we hit 4/28. You'll have some type of notice on your account when you sign in to click on PUEC.

The hardest part was waiting the 2 weeks but once it's in place, it will move quickly. We're at an advantage because we already have our cards.

I'm sure some of us will encounter some type of glitch though, but we can hope for the best.

Old 04-19-2020, 10:11 PM

59 posts, read 51,903 times
https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_EDD/pdf/news-20-10.pdf is updated 4/16/20 last Thursday

The acronym is confusing, but it's listed there as PEUC Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation

Thank you for the updates. com•mis•er•ate is the word.

Old 04-20-2020, 06:54 AM

66 posts, read 67,300 times
The 04/28/20 date is not for 13 week extensions.(PEUC) There is no date set yet.
All they say about the PEUC 13 week extensions is they are working on it. I would not expect them to roll out both PUA and PEUC on same day.
They would want the extension rolled out by this weekend before starting the gig worker web site.I hope this is the case.
Since we had 18 weeks of extensions in 2008 ,it should not be a long drawn out proccess.

The 4/28/20 date is for the PUA ,new portal for gig workers,1099 to apply.These 2 links one posted April 16 are about the PUA gig worker portal starting April 28

https://www.edd.ca.gov/About_EDD/pdf/news-20-10.pdf

https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronav...assistance.htm

Old 04-20-2020, 11:37 AM

In Secretary Su's video from 4/14, she talked about the extensions being part of the 4/28 roll out. She didn't mention the phrase PUEC though, so I have no idea.

I hope they do it early too, that would be amazing. I agree with you that it's not THAT complicated to add 13 weeks to people's claims. They have done that before. I can understand PUA taking a while since it's new, but the extensions aren't new.

Old 04-20-2020, 04:56 PM

160 posts, read 141,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scal2010 View Post
In Secretary Su's video from 4/14, she talked about the extensions being part of the 4/28 roll out. She didn't mention the phrase PUEC though, so I have no idea.

I hope they do it early too, that would be amazing. I agree with you that it's not THAT complicated to add 13 weeks to people's claims. They have done that before. I can understand PUA taking a while since it's new, but the extensions aren't new.
I can't so who else would need an extension on the 4/28 other than people have exhausted before then....
I understand the confusing words but the Mick guy above is still trying to say its not for PEUC..
who else needs a 13 week extension, meaning, their claim is CURRENTLY expired. On 4/28?

Im just trying to be positive about it cause if its not 4/28 it might as well be never there's no chance in hell they're gonna backpay 5 weeks if at all

Old 04-20-2020, 05:23 PM

66 posts, read 67,300 times
California labor secretary just did a live chat, Can not address timetable for(PEUC) 13-week extensions. She will come back at a later date with information on how that will work.

My 26 weeks ended in February so I am waiting with everyone.

You can watch the 30-minute live chat on Facebook from today 04/20/20

https://www.facebook.com/CALaborAndW...ao7rEpEN1NoWhW

This is the only posted information for April 28 -It is for the gig workers.PUA

We have a dedicated team working around the clock with state partners to build this new program as quickly as possible. The EDD will begin accepting online applications for this program on Tuesday, April 28. This page will be updated with instructions for filing a claim for PUA benefits when details become available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment