Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 02:26 PM

172 posts, read 71,091 times

Advertisements

so i finally got the PUA link after 2 months and change last week, i applied, 2 days later got my monetary determination but it still said pending and "waiting on responce from employer"

i called UI where they told me that they are NOT waiting for the employer response, that is just a automatically generated message, that they already verified my employer info the second time around i applied and was found ineligible (needed to apply twice before they give PUA link) that the only reason my PUA is not active yet and pending is because they had a issue moving over my out of state waged to the PUA platform, that should be resolved by monday of next week and i will begin to received payments, i asked again about the employer thing and they tell me again, thats all done, its just a matter of moving everything over to the PUA. ok great...

today i get home and received a fedex letter from my employer saying i have been terminated because my supervisor called me on the 10th of june and i did not answer the phone (!!) so im being terminated for job abandonment

should i be worried?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 03:26 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,793,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiecarbone View Post
so i finally got the PUA link after 2 months and change last week, i applied, 2 days later got my monetary determination but it still said pending and "waiting on responce from employer"

i called UI where they told me that they are NOT waiting for the employer response, that is just a automatically generated message, that they already verified my employer info the second time around i applied and was found ineligible (needed to apply twice before they give PUA link) that the only reason my PUA is not active yet and pending is because they had a issue moving over my out of state waged to the PUA platform, that should be resolved by monday of next week and i will begin to received payments, i asked again about the employer thing and they tell me again, thats all done, its just a matter of moving everything over to the PUA. ok great...

today i get home and received a fedex letter from my employer saying i have been terminated because my supervisor called me on the 10th of june and i did not answer the phone (!!) so im being terminated for job abandonment

should i be worried?
Wow we had a feeling your employer was going to put the screws to you. Looks like they did. Merge your other thread so it's easier to back track your history.

Old 06-17-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
Wow we had a feeling your employer was going to put the screws to you. Looks like they did. Merge your other thread so it's easier to back track your history.

how do i merge the threads?

Old 06-17-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
how do i merge the threads?
not sure on merging. i think moderator has to do it either. paste your original thread link here or
just copy todays comments and paste your comments on your original thread. Makes it easier to follow

Old 06-17-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
not sure on merging. i think moderator has to do it either. paste your original thread link here or
just copy todays comments and paste your comments on your original thread. Makes it easier to follow

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unem...s-request.html

thats the original thread

scrap, i knew something like this would happen, but i did not think it would be this sleezy, they basically called me last week like at 7am let it ring twice and then hung up, i called back but nothing, in the letter they sent me it says they called me that day and i did not pick up so they took it as abandonment, what pisses me off is that they also say "we been trying to reach you but you have not been showing up to assignments"

not showing up to assignments!!! are u kidding me, i never had a damn assignment, they are making it seem like they offered me a assignment, i took it and then did not show up.

anyways, besides all that, im thinking maybe im safe because UI already verified everything with them before i was terminated? but then what if THEY call UI on purpose and say "hey now we terminated him"

?

Old 06-17-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/unem...s-request.html

thats the original thread

scrap, i knew something like this would happen, but i did not think it would be this sleezy, they basically called me last week like at 7am let it ring twice and then hung up, i called back but nothing, in the letter they sent me it says they called me that day and i did not pick up so they took it as abandonment, what pisses me off is that they also say "we been trying to reach you but you have not been showing up to assignments"

not showing up to assignments!!! are u kidding me, i never had a damn assignment, they are making it seem like they offered me a assignment, i took it and then did not show up.

anyways, besides all that, im thinking maybe im safe because UI already verified everything with them before i was terminated? but then what if THEY call UI on purpose and say "hey now we terminated him"

?
Can you print out your call log from phone carrier (before it goes away) that shows that you called them back? Did they leave a message on your phone? Were you able to leave them a message? Jeez I hardly think one missed call infers job abandonment as we can't always get to our phones in a half a second. They didn't email you with any information? no texts?

You have all the proof on the other assignments and the fact it would be unsuitable as location was not one you've ever agreed to work prior to the layoff? Start gathering and saving everything you can to prove you never took an assignment.

Yes I am thinking they will contact UI as they are required to contact UI when there is a job refusal, more so now than ever with current COVID claims going on and lots of "free" money on the table.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:55 PM

As far as the call back, i dont have the proof of that because my outgoing calls get erased after a certain period of time, but here is the thing, when they contacted me on that assignment that was so far away, i texted them back and explained that "its way too far from where i live" then they texted me back asking how far is it, and i said "about 2 hours, thats too far" then AFTER the issue was closed they did send me another text asking for my EXACT address, at that point i felt that this subject was being beat to death, so i did not respond to that one. Thats when they "called me" I just did not understand why they kept pressing me when the issue was over, now i know why.

They did not email me after that. Even though they do have my email. You would think they would exhaust all forms of communication before they take the drastic step of termination. But they did not, a unanswered call and thats it, they went straight to termination, even though i answered their texts.

im a hair away from getting my PUA, i have been patiently waiting for almost 3 months, and now this, i hope if they screw me with UI it will be atleast after i get a few payments, because right now im hurting, according to UI my PUA will kick in on monday of next week, but its still pending.

Old 06-17-2020, 06:01 PM

and here is another slap in the face, when i got home today and saw that fedex envelope and read that letter, a half hour later i get a text from my other supervisor, he texted me asking if i was available to work on thursday, i responded "yes i am available, but i just got a letter from ___ saying im terminated, so im confused???" he responds with, and i kid you not... "oh ok nevermind" i texted him back with "soooo am i or not?" he says "well if he says you are then you are, so forget the text"

Old 06-17-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
and here is another slap in the face, when i got home today and saw that fedex envelope and read that letter, a half hour later i get a text from my other supervisor, he texted me asking if i was available to work on thursday, i responded "yes i am available, but i just got a letter from ___ saying im terminated, so im confused???" he responds with, and i kid you not... "oh ok nevermind" i texted him back with "soooo am i or not?" he says "well if he says you are then you are, so forget the text"
save those text messages as it suggests that your own supervisor wasn't informed nor aware of your termination after the date in question of your supposed job abandonment and he still was actively reaching out to you for scheduling you work and you responded yes you're available.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
save those text messages as it suggests that your own supervisor wasn't informed nor aware of your termination after the date in question of your supposed job abandonment and he still was actively reaching out to you for scheduling you work and you responded yes you're available.

think i will have some time with UI? in other words, you think my claim will be denied now right away if they contacted them?

im hoping for some breathing room, i.e i get my PUA on monday get atleast one of the lump payments to take care of atleast ONE stack of bills from the many i have. before i have to fight this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment