Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 12:17 PM

88 posts, read 50,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
so they did load the 11 of PEUC finally into your account? You're lucky they didn't adjudicate that VQ in January. Did you report that when you claimed your weeks in January?
Iam still waiting. Today is my certify day. What do you mean by adjudicate VQ? Iam wondering if this applies to me since I was in the same boat as hunter.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 04:47 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,768,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick2020 View Post
Iam still waiting. Today is my certify day. What do you mean by adjudicate VQ? Iam wondering if this applies to me since I was in the same boat as hunter.

Thanks.
meaning investigate a voluntary quit from a job he had in January. I'm sure the VQ doesn't apply to you as you would certainly know if you had a recent VQ.

Old 02-17-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
meaning investigate a voluntary quit from a job he had in January. I'm sure the VQ doesn't apply to you as you would certainly know if you had a recent VQ.
Got it thanks.

Old 02-18-2021, 07:36 AM

6 posts, read 4,332 times
Default NJ worker lives in NY no $!!

Quote:
Iam creating this thread for those that meet this criteria so we can have a spot to share info and help each other out because it seems like we're in the back of the bus and may have another hill to climb.

Ive exhausted my benefits back in 8/2020 and I didnt qualify for NJSTATE EB I qualified for regular UI and PEUC13 which exhausted in 8/2020 I also live in a different state but had to file in NJ as per law since that's where I worked. This is what my claim looks like now. I havent been able to certify since 8/2020 but no checks.

Claim Status: Filed
Date of Claim: 10/20/2019
Weekly Benefit Rate: $696
Remaining Balance: $0
Next Payable Week: 02/06/2021
Last Week Paid: 01/30/2021
Last Paid Amount: $0

I too am in the same situation and it started with an error message:

Error

Your certification cannot be completed as Extended Benefits has ended in your resident state.

This was last week when I tried to certify and again today after the supposed fix. the error message I got was:

Error

Your certification cannot be processed.

I have spoken to a rep on 2 occasions so far a day apart and am on hold again for one just because the info changes according to the rep you speak to, they gave me somewhat different info. the first time on 2/15/21 the rep said my state(NY) has run out of EB $ and I cannot claim until it has or the 11 wks kicks in. She also said my date was out of sequence and it has to be removed??? no idea what that meant and she said it was something internal and I don't need to worry. That I should wait for an email.
2/16/21 I called again explained my situation and was told still waiting for the 11 wks to kick in and that after a review I was not eligible for the 20wks and NY is not eligible for the 20 extensions which I was getting as my UI ended mid-Dec. 2020 and was getting the 20 wks until the 1st wk of Feb and because it stopped in NY they stopped giving it to me and am now eligible for the 11wks. she said that the 20 wks was overlapping the 11 wks and that once the 11 wks kicks in I will start getting $. She said that though I don't see the $ online she sees that I have a balance of about $4000( which the NJDOL phone line states the same)

Still on hold ......

update
okay just got off the phone and this rep said that when they added the 11 wk extension last wkend they found out that another error occurred and therefore many are still in limbo including me and that NJDOL is still working on the situation with no obvious completion date as of now. I explained that I had never received an email from NJDOL and verified that my email if correct, she suggested that I continue to monitor my claim as that was all the info she had at the moment

Last edited by ttfn92869; 02-18-2021 at 07:49 AM..

Old 02-18-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn92869 View Post
I too am in the same situation and it started with an error message:

Error

Your certification cannot be completed as Extended Benefits has ended in your resident state.

This was last week when I tried to certify and again today after the supposed fix. the error message I got was:

Error

Your certification cannot be processed.

I have spoken to a rep on 2 occasions so far a day apart and am on hold again for one just because the info changes according to the rep you speak to, they gave me somewhat different info. the first time on 2/15/21 the rep said my state(NY) has run out of EB $ and I cannot claim until it has or the 11 wks kicks in. She also said my date was out of sequence and it has to be removed??? no idea what that meant and she said it was something internal and I don't need to worry. That I should wait for an email.
2/16/21 I called again explained my situation and was told still waiting for the 11 wks to kick in and that after a review I was not eligible for the 20wks and NY is not eligible for the 20 extensions which I was getting as my UI ended mid-Dec. 2020 and was getting the 20 wks until the 1st wk of Feb and because it stopped in NY they stopped giving it to me and am now eligible for the 11wks. she said that the 20 wks was overlapping the 11 wks and that once the 11 wks kicks in I will start getting $. She said that though I don't see the $ online she sees that I have a balance of about $4000( which the NJDOL phone line states the same)

Still on hold ......

update
okay just got off the phone and this rep said that when they added the 11 wk extension last wkend they found out that another error occurred and therefore many are still in limbo including me and that NJDOL is still working on the situation with no obvious completion date as of now. I explained that I had never received an email from NJDOL and verified that my email if correct, she suggested that I continue to monitor my claim as that was all the info she had at the moment
I spoke to a real agent today and I found out what the issues is. She told me not to certify until the benefit has been added. She said that they have to remove all the weeks I certified for in order for them to make the funds payable. She said they are working on completing claims in batches but she told me not to certify it will delay me getting my funds. Ive heard this before from people but never from the NJDOL i guess its true dont certify until youre in the clear to do so.

Old 02-25-2021, 07:30 AM

Quote:
I spoke to a real agent today and I found out what the issue is. She told me not to certify until the benefit has been added. She said that they have to remove all the weeks I certified for in order for them to make the funds payable. She said they are working on completing claims in batches but she told me not to certify it will delay me getting my funds. I've heard this before from people but never from the NJDOL, I guess it's true don't certify until you're in the clear to do so.
How do you know that your speaking to a real agent as opposed to an outsourced rep.? Also, other than the generic email to DOL on their site is there one for this issue?

I called again yesterday 2/24/21 and the rep. said that my claim was escalated as of 2/15/21 and that I should allow 8 WEEKS!!! from 2/15/21 to have the claim adjusted for payment but that I should continue to check the status of my claim.

This is so frustrating, I have so much anxiety over this, we get so many different answers every time we call and I feel like there is NO transparency from NJDOL and I feel like no one else in the state or federally is jumping in to assist or find a real solution to once and for all fix these issues. (venting)

If you havce gone through this please let me know

TIA!

Old 02-25-2021, 11:32 AM

You can ask if the rep is a subcontractor or an agent with experience. So NJDOL hasnt formally communicated to me by email, text or postal mail that i shouldnt certify until i get PEUC11 loaded I was told by this agent and ive heard of this issue before so Iam just deciding to give it a try at this point to see if it helps. Now ive heard of many people getting the weeks they wasnt supposed to certify for deleted in a matter of minutes over the phone and make their claim payable so I dont know how accurate or helpful this agent was.

Old 02-25-2021, 11:33 AM

Has anyone that lives in a different state get the PEUC11 added and got paid yet? PLease let us know and let us know which state your from.

Thanks.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
You can ask if the rep is a subcontractor or an agent with experience. So NJDOL hasnt formally communicated to me by email, text or postal mail that i shouldnt certify until i get PEUC11 loaded I was told by this agent and ive heard of this issue before so Iam just deciding to give it a try at this point to see if it helps. Now ive heard of many people getting the weeks they wasnt supposed to certify for deleted in a matter of minutes over the phone and make their claim payable so I dont know how accurate or helpful this agent was.
So I called again today and spoke to a subcontracted agent who said more or less the same thing I was told 2 days ago but with much more detail...

He said that my claim was had a pending indicator set on it due to the issue with the 20 wks NY EB and that when I made my first call on 2/15/2021 that person sent my claim for escalation to have the indicator removed and confirmed that this can take UP TO 8 wks to have it done...

BTW I also sent an email yesterday regarding my unpaid claim

Anyone else have any luck getting paid?

Old 03-01-2021, 01:30 PM

After 6 months of waiting for a formal communication from NJDOL as to whats going on with my claim. Today i received mail from NJDOL telling me I dont qualify for NJSTATE EB lol but didnt get any notification if I qualify for PEUC13 which i assume I do qualify based off everything I read and since I did get PEUC13.

Did anyone receive this type of mail for those that had a simple misconduct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment