U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 05:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,511 times

Advertisements

Hello. I work at nights as a driver, I pick up trucks and deliver them back after we repair them.
I drive the whole night and during my work time, I am getting anxiety attacks,and i feel fair inside of me, because last year during my job when I drove back from San Diego, I had a terrible car accident, after that accident I feel fair... I asked my boss to set me for a day shift, but he said no. So i decided to quit my job. Am I going to be eligible for unemployment benefits ? I am trying to find a day shift job, but so far i dont have any results.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 07:31 AM

14,508 posts, read 29,334,954 times
Did you see a doctor about this anxiety? Did the doctor write you a letter telling you that you needed to work the day shift or quit? If not, then I say no on the UI.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:38 AM

330 posts, read 1,427,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1985 View Post
Hello. I work at nights as a driver, I pick up trucks and deliver them back after we repair them.
I drive the whole night and during my work time, I am getting anxiety attacks,and i feel fair inside of me, because last year during my job when I drove back from San Diego, I had a terrible car accident, after that accident I feel fair... I asked my boss to set me for a day shift, but he said no. So i decided to quit my job. Am I going to be eligible for unemployment benefits ? I am trying to find a day shift job, but so far i dont have any results.
Yes its quite possible that you could be elgible for UR benefits in this case (voluntarily quitting your job). I think you should file, however make sure that you are honest in that you tell the EDD that you did in fact quit your job. You might be denied, however be prepared to appeal the case, you might win.

What you need to be able to prove is that , yes, you did quit your job but you did so with good cause. It would be good, as the other poster suggested, if you went to a doctor and have been clinically diagnosed with anxiety. You would need to produce that letter or have sign a some kind of Declaration stating those facts.

According to what you wrote above, you did in try to maintain employment by asking to be placed on a day shift, so you were truly desirious of employment.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 PM

2 posts, read 6,503 times
Can somebody please help me? I was layed off August. EDD paid me, then applied for the first extension on my behalf. Now I suddenly get a letter telling me my claim for the period August 2011 to August 2012 is invalid, AND any claim I file between now and January 2013 will be invalid. WHAT??? Why do I keep hearing about all these other people who are receiving unemployment benefits for up to 99 weeks (or now, 93 weeks), but I get kicked to the curb after 52 weeks? And what am I supposed to do now...starve? Live under a bridge?

Old 08-29-2012, 09:01 PM

25,095 posts, read 54,099,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashlcrwjz View Post
Can somebody please help me? I was layed off August. EDD paid me, then applied for the first extension on my behalf. Now I suddenly get a letter telling me my claim for the period August 2011 to August 2012 is invalid, AND any claim I file between now and January 2013 will be invalid. WHAT??? Why do I keep hearing about all these other people who are receiving unemployment benefits for up to 99 weeks (or now, 93 weeks), but I get kicked to the curb after 52 weeks?
Please post EXACTLY the paragraphs in the letter you are questioning. Not your understanding of what it says - the ACTUAL language. Nothing you have said so far makes sense.

What it should say is:
  1. Your 8/11 claim has expired (it is NOT invalid)
  2. Your application for a new claim (standard procedure at the bye) is invalid due to insufficient earnings
  3. CA will continue to pay you benefits until December 29, 2012, when EUC benefits end, after which time you can apply for a new claim.
Again, please post EXACTLY what your letter says.

OK, you have since posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashlcrwjz View Post
I received a Notice of Determination of Invalid Claim, Section 1277. According to the notice, because I didn't earn $1,300 in one quarter during 8/28/11 to 8/25/12, and performed no work, my claim with an effective date of 8/26/12 is invalid. Additionally, I can't file again until January 2013. WHY???? Why did my claim stop at 52 weeks, but other people get up to 93 weeks? And why can't I file again until January?
OK, your 8/2011 claim is not invalid, it is EXPIRED.

CA is saying the new claim it filed for you at your bye is invalid due to insufficient earnings.

You should now be receiving from CA claim forms for continuation of your EUC benefits to the end of the year, when the EUC legislation expires.

After that, you can file a new claim.

You are all upset over nothing. This is standard procedure at your bye. Calm down. You should be getting new claim forms for EUC soon.

If you don't get them, call CA.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 08-29-2012 at 09:56 PM..

Old 12-03-2013, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 847 times
after one year of receiving unemployment benefits i received a letter stating End of the federal emergency unemployment compensation (EUC) Does this mean i will no longer be able to receive my benefits? or do i start a new claim?

Old 12-03-2013, 01:37 PM

25,095 posts, read 54,099,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simas72 View Post
after one year of receiving unemployment benefits i received a letter stating End of the federal emergency unemployment compensation (EUC) Does this mean i will no longer be able to receive my benefits? or do i start a new claim?
Without further action by Congress, all federal benefit payments end with payment for week ending 12/28/2013.

If your benefit year has ended, you can apply for a new claim. CA will or won't grant a new claim, depending on whether or not you've worked since your first began claiming benefits. By all means, apply - see where it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment