Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 12:13 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,138,636 times

Advertisements

Yes, it appears that Each State has a different cut-off date. Some are focusing on the more recently unemployed, while others are reaching back to help those falling between the cracks.

The only way to let the people, who make the decisions know your mind, is to call them, i.e. your State Representatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 04:31 PM

304 posts, read 1,435,623 times
I agree with gea12345. Make calls and be heard!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:33 PM

151 posts, read 345,877 times
Default Good News -Michigan Unemployment Office called me today

Quote:
Originally Posted by phogstenjr View Post
Hello,

I did the MARVIN on line reporting today (receiving my last 1 week EUI payment payment tomorrow).

I still have not received notification of my EB benefits via mail (it has been 10 days since I completed the on line form). If I don't receive notification in the mail before Tuesday, I will call the unemployment office.

Paul
Hello,

The Michigan Unemployment Office called me today. The woman was very nice, she informed me that I had to file a new unemployment claim before I could be approved for Extended Benefits (EB). She took all my information over the telephone to file this claim over the telephone. After it was completed she informed me that I would receive a letter in the mail denying my claim. She informed me that I was approved for EB and validated the 2nd week I claimed on MARVIN two weeks ago. She indicated I will receive payment tomorrow. She also informed me that since I was approved for the waiver I did not have to complete the looking for work forms that would be mailed to my home.

Paul

Old 05-06-2009, 07:38 PM

5 posts, read 14,429 times
i mailed in my first eb claim in pennsylvania and it's been 10 days and have not received payment yet. anyone else with this problem

Old 05-06-2009, 07:53 PM

No, I am not at the E.B . point.

But, they did warn everyone, that E.B. will be reviewed extensively.

So, you mail it in, that it is 3 days, then 2 weeks to be reviewed, then 2 days to get processed, and then 3 days to be mailed. (Since it is not mailed directly to you. First, it leaves Harrisburg to a mail depot, then from there to a station in Phila, then to my home. So, it would take three to 4 days to get to my home,where normally it shoudl take 2 days.

So, in effect you are looking at 3+ 14 +2 + 3 + 22 days just for one check. If direct deposit, then only 19 days!

good luck!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:00 AM

REGARDING E.B. - Suggestion for the future: It might go a little bit faster, if you apply for jobs through the state website, that way each time you log in, it will be logged and will provide immediate proof that you are job hunting. Do 2 a day, that is ten a week! Log in once in the morning and once in the evening. Apply for one job each time. Go ahead and apply even if out of your capabilities.

good luck!

p.s. don't forget to print up your activity with the accompanying state job number. Having a computer and printer at home facilitiates this and can be done at your leisure.

If you don't have a printer, you can copy and save the job number and description onto your email account and print up at your convenience.

If you don't have a computer, then you will need to go to the career one stop center or someother place to use their computer once a day, and follow the instructions above during your one visit a day!!

p.p.s. I would Suggest Holding back one weeks pay, in your piggy bank, to carry you over the longer time periods, since there will be longer wait times Compared to EUC!

OF COURSE YOU WILL CONTINUE YOUR 10 DAY PLUS JOB HUNT EVERY DAY, BUT THIS YOU WILL DO FOR YOURSELF, AND YOU DON'T NEED TO SEND THESE INTO THE U.C. ---- YOU JUST WANT TO MAKE THE POOR GUY/GAL CHECKING YOUR STUFF, JOB EASIER. SO 2 A DAY, STATE LISTED JOB, IS SIMPLE AND MAKES THEIR JOB SIMPLE!!

Last edited by gea12345; 05-07-2009 at 03:18 AM..

Old 05-07-2009, 11:28 AM

151 posts, read 345,877 times
Hello,

I was reading the paper today and noticed that the House of Representatives passed a 26 week unemployment benefit extension for people in training. Now Congress must pass the legislation (which may be problematic as this will raise the amount of money business must pay to the employees unemployment benefits fund). I also noticed that according to the article that if passed this would not go into effect until next year.

Paul

Old 05-07-2009, 01:31 PM

I got my check for $75.00 today in the mail, just letting ya'll know...if your waiting its on its way. Its for the 3 weeks of $25.00 back pay for the weeks of 03/14, 03/07 and 02/28.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,155,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom2008 View Post
i got my check for $75.00 today in the mail, just letting ya'll know...if your waiting its on its way. Its for the 3 weeks of $25.00 back pay for the weeks of 03/14, 03/07 and 02/28.
lol, unbelievable

Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 PM

TVand SportsGuy....how ya doing? Ive missed you!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment