Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:12 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times

Advertisements

Thanks I was afraid of that. I'll just tell those that ask to check with their relevant state DOL site or rep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 12:38 AM

25,576 posts, read 56,451,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
To diorgirl (or anyone else that may have the info)
Do you know of a site where it lists which states currently have EB and which states don't?
Further to diorgirl's response, here is a list published by the US Dept. of Labor relative to EB triggers by state and when the program was begun or ended by that state:

http://ows.doleta.gov/unemploy/trigg...ig_022810.html

This list is generated by the US Dept. of Labor - you can access it at this site

Office of Unemployment Insurance, Employment & Training Administration (ETA) - U.S. Department of Labor

by clicking on "Extended Benefits Trigger Notice" and then click the appropriate date on the calendar which pops up.

This at least would tell you which states might offer the program or have in the past.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:11 PM

46 posts, read 141,732 times
Has anyone looked at MARVIN online this weekend? I can usually go in late Sunday night and see my "benefit payment history" and weeks balance. Tonight I went in and at first it told me "no current claim available" then it forced me to change my password and went I went back in it told me "data transmittal error." I have 4 weeks left in Tier 4, and collected weeks 1 & 2 with no problems 2 weeks ago...wondering why I am getting these messages now...of course, this will be my first call in on weeks AFTER the expiration date, but there is not supposed to be any delay...

Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 PM

59 posts, read 113,564 times
MichiganCap, I just did Marvin today online and had no problem. This was for week 3 & 4 of the Tier 4. At the end it said payment will be made on the next business day.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:15 PM

Yeah, false alarm, I called in and was paid no problem this week...the online MARVIN site does updates all the time and this isn't the first time I've had info. just "disappear" when logging in there outside of the 7 - 7 hours...

Thanks for your reply though, sounds like you are down to one more check as well...I wonder what they'll expect those of us falling off to do now?

Old 03-17-2010, 09:58 PM

I got a letter about a month ago saying I may qualify for 20 weeks of EB and they will send me a letter if I qualify. I figure if I'm going to hear anything it will be in the next week or so but it also looks like benefits will expire in April unless they extend them.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:48 PM

I collected EB at the beginning of 2009, I've been unemployed just over 2 years now...Tier 4, for me, is it... I was told you can only collect EB one time. I've drawn the entire 99 weeks as have many others in Michigan...not sure what's going to happen next...

Old 03-18-2010, 09:21 AM

48 posts, read 124,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganCap View Post
Yeah, false alarm, I called in and was paid no problem this week...the online MARVIN site does updates all the time and this isn't the first time I've had info. just "disappear" when logging in there outside of the 7 - 7 hours...

Thanks for your reply though, sounds like you are down to one more check as well...I wonder what they'll expect those of us falling off to do now?

When you checked online you see how under program on the michigan uia site it says what program your unemployment is under it either states "UI" or "EUC" if you have done your extended benefit like you have does it say "EB" my account is screwed up an want to know if i have or havent used my "EB" yet an trying to get ahold of someone is near impossible on the phone usually takes 30-40 mins.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:30 AM

I never got the EB in 2009. I got a letter saying I was accepted for 20 weeks and it gave the amount I would get each week. A week later I got a letter saying I was denied. I went to the unemployment office to find out why I was denied and they couldn't give me an answer except that I didn't qualify. I ran into some a month or so after that I worked with that got laid off at the same time I did and he was getting the EB so I went back to the unemployment office again and they then told me it was over 30 days since I was denied and I could no longer appeal it. Now a year later I get a letter that tells me I may qualify and to keep reporting to Marvin on my regular schedule. They sure make it confusing with all the Tiers, EB, and never knowing if time is run out, will they extend it, etc. but what choice do we have?

Old 03-23-2010, 05:16 PM

I sent an inquiry on the UIA web site and asked about the EB letter I got several weeks ago. I was surprised when they called me at 7:30 this morning and informed me I was currently in my last week on TIER4 benefits and after I report to Marvin next week and my balance drops to zero weeks available I will get a determination letter. I was impressed that they responded so quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment