Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,210 times

Advertisements

hi im from california and i been laid off about a year now collecting unemployment recently i filled out my claim form stating that i will be attending a trade school after i filled it out a week later i was suppose to get my check but it didnt come because they said it stop until i filled out some papers from them while i still be able to collect while in school
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 08:06 PM

2 posts, read 6,210 times
can i receive unemployment while going to a trade school for vocational nurse

Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monishad View Post
hi im from california and i been laid off about a year now collecting unemployment recently i filled out my claim form stating that i will be attending a trade school after i filled it out a week later i was suppose to get my check but it didnt come because they said it stop until i filled out some papers from them while i still be able to collect while in school
Quote:
Originally Posted by monishad View Post
can i receive unemployment while going to a trade school for vocational nurse
CA approves schooling all the time. In most cases, you need to assure them your class schedule will not prevent you looking for work or accepting a full-time job if one is offered. Some CA approved educational programs are exempt from this requirement. Complete your forms, CA will interview you.

Read these links:

http://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/de8714u.pdf

http://www.edd.ca.gov/uibdg/Able_and...able_AA_40.htm

Old 09-10-2013, 01:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,859 times
so I have an issue with the state of Oregon. I had to quit my last job, because the shop I worked at moved too far for me to commute. The state says other wise but whatever. I was denied twice, I am now currently enrolled in college in Washington state, and need some money to get through college. I am willing to get a part time job, but it just is not enough. I have a family:wife and two kids. Unemployment is telling me that I cant have an open case(aka)DENIED CASE and open another case to go to school. They are telling me that I have to wait a year till my first case (aka) DENIED CASE expires, so I can collect. unemployment. Can someone please give me a loophole or any other advise so I can get this figured out?

Old 09-10-2013, 01:37 AM

14,500 posts, read 31,075,853 times
Are you still within the time limit to appeal again?

Just how far did the employer move?

The state's not wrong. Once you open a claim, you have to see it through. If you give up, then you have to purge the disqualification by working again, and it sounds like you haven't done that. Even if you do wait a year, you have to work again, or you're going to get denied at the one-year mark because had insufficient wages in your base period.

Last edited by Chyvan; 09-10-2013 at 01:52 AM..

Old 09-10-2013, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,693 times
The system wants you to lie! Someone said that earlier and they are correct!!! I am a single parent that got laid off while in a trade school. Over half my class is on U.E. and I got denined! When I asked my classmates only one said they were in a job placement program and the rest said they didn't say they ere in school!!!! So I told the truth and me and my son are paying the price!!!!!

Old 09-10-2013, 07:07 PM

2 posts, read 5,693 times
BTW this is in IL.

Old 05-08-2015, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,656 times
I live in Wisconsin. Is it possible to go to school part time. Work part time and still receive partial unemployment? Please email with the answer and how if I can do this. [email]johnfitting@att.net[/email]

Old 05-24-2016, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,045 times
I don't receive any unemployment but u n file taxes when u receive unemployment benefits. That's y u pay taxes on it!!!!! N as far as not being able to b claimed ad a dependent, smh, u can claim anyone else ad a dependent as long as they didn't make more than $3000 in that year!! I've been doing taxes for over ten yrs now, ^^^^ has no idea what they're talking about! N millions of people pay unemployment ins. every week out theirpay check, so if u r entitled until u get on ur feet, by all means good for u, go to school, better urself n take care of u!! Good luck! N don't believe every read on the Internet, it seems everyone like to b geniuses but really know nothing!

Old 09-07-2016, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 909 times
If my son was injured but, not at work and was layed off can he go to trade school and collect unemployment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment