U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 01:34 PM

58 posts, read 155,965 times

Advertisements

"...but he has until Jan 15, so I hope they fix it by then."

I'm in Florida and was supposed to claim again on the 15th, but the system changed from showing that to showing my next date as 1/1/13. I called them today and was told that they are updating the system and that I should claim on the 15th as scheduled. (I'm going to check a few times in coming days to see what is shows)

I am not sure how seamless it will be but hope payments come through as they did before and we see them a couple days after they are issued.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 PM

5,198 posts, read 4,918,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyr2 View Post
"...but he has until Jan 15, so I hope they fix it by then."

I'm in Florida and was supposed to claim again on the 15th, but the system changed from showing that to showing my next date as 1/1/13. I called them today and was told that they are updating the system and that I should claim on the 15th as scheduled. (I'm going to check a few times in coming days to see what is shows)

I am not sure how seamless it will be but hope payments come through as they did before and we see them a couple days after they are issued.
My husband saw the same thing. Hopefully the system is fixed by then.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 PM

426 posts, read 1,857,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
My husband saw the same thing. Hopefully the system is fixed by then.
mine still says absolutely nothing.

Stuck in a purgatory . Finished my regular claim on the 22nd, one day too late to set up a EUC 1 claim.
Was told they were working on it but the stupid website still says EUC benefits run out Dec 29th 2012

Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM

5,198 posts, read 4,918,148 times
We checked the system, and my husband's next claim date is 1/9/13. That's odd, because the rep said to claim on 1/15. We assume that tomorrows claim will only be for one week and we will be back on his biweekly schedule.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:04 PM

58 posts, read 155,965 times
In FLorida and apparently the update is continuing - Claim date changed again from what I was told on the phone yesterday was the 15th, to 1/7/13.

I claimed W/E 1/5/13 today and it shows me claiming again on the 21st, a Monday. I have always claimed on Tuesdays, so not sure what that means.

More importantly, I hope these 1 week claims (as was my claiming the last week of EUC (W/E 12/29/12) earlier than originally scheduled, are a sign that Florida is trying to get the system in place so that it continues without delays. I am thinking that keeping the backlog of unclaimed weeks as low as possible even if it means changing dates is a good thing for us.

I have a call in to them to get as much clarification as I can. I'd like to just claim again on the 21st and go from there.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 469 times
I'm currently working in New York now, and want to relocate to florida to find a new job, would i be able to get unemployment while looking for a jov in florida?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 PM

24,771 posts, read 53,574,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy54 View Post
I'm currently working in New York now, and want to relocate to florida to find a new job, would i be able to get unemployment while looking for a jov in florida?
Actually, you need to lose your job in NY. You can't quit and then apply for unemployment unless you have "good cause" - like a serious or substantially material change in the conditions of your employment, such as salary, hours.

Last edited by JMT; 05-09-2013 at 05:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment