Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 12:24 PM

6 posts, read 15,307 times

Advertisements

Hi All:

I was finally awarded benefits after I became unemployed on April 18. I went through a phone interview and was determined eligible around the first week of May. Supposedly I was all set to receive my benefits via my EDD debit card, but then nothing was deposited to my account. After many, many phone calls to EDD I was finally told that the delay was due to a technical error in the system called a "data warning" and a ticket (really an email) needed to be sent to Sacramento for resolution. Okay, so I get that stuff like this happens, but they cannot tell me a time frame for resolution. Not even "7-10 days" or "2-3 weeks" or "1-2 months", they won't tell me ANYTHING!

Has anyone encountered this? I tried sending an email through the "Ask EDD" form on the website to see if I can get a different answer. Any other suggestions or insight regarding how to deal with this issue?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 12:57 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Data warnings are a nightmare and can take months to fix - and sometimes are never fixed. I am NOT joking.

Better contact your state of CA legislator immediately, via email today, to intervene.

California State Legislature—Your Legislator

In the meantime, expect to be without benefits for a long, long time - and plan accordingly.

Please report back when and if this is fixed - or if you're still waiting. I would like to think that CA is doing better in this area now than it had been. Thanks.

Sorry the news isn't better.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:19 PM

Wow, I don't know what to say! Thank you for the info. I just sent a few emails off to my legislators. We are in serious financial trouble without these benefits, but make just a bit too much for any type of assistance. I will keep the forum posted. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:02 AM

Well, it's a miracle, but I received my payment yesterday!!!

So after I posted in the forum, I emailed the governor's office and 2 legislators. I am sure me receiving a payment was independent of those emails, but I think it was good that I did so. I called the EDD this morning to find out if my account was unlocked, and they said no, that I still have the data warning! What the heck? The agent said since they were able to issue payment despite the account problems I should receive all future benefits with no problem. I'm not holding my breath, but am hopeful this is true.

Thank you again,

BDB

Old 05-20-2014, 11:46 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
'Tis indeed a miracle.

I agree, writing your legislators didn't result in a resolution, but they need to know CA is still having issues.

FYI - Last September, CA did a computer "upgrade." In reality, it was a huge FAIL. The problems were enormous and went on for at least six months - all manner of issues never before experienced and for which there was no immediate fix. Hundreds of thousands of people people not receiving payments, backlogged two-three months - data warning messages being the worst - causing immense hardship, i.e., loss of housing, etc. A horrible nightmare. I had hoped they'd cured the data warning issue from ever happening, again. Appears not. Perhaps EDD has now found a work-around.

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if there are any further problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment