Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:28 AM

2 posts, read 41,281 times

Advertisements

the 130 thing didn't work as of Jan 2012...I just tried and went through a bunch of other steps and then...There are too many callers already waiting to take your call. This is bull****! I can't get the information I need online OR from the auto call. I NEED to talk to a live body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 10:31 AM

2 posts, read 41,281 times
nothing is working. I get through and then it says to enter my ssn and then it says I'm not doing it and hangs up. Seriously...Why do we allow the government to do this s**t to us??? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGHGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old 01-05-2012, 01:02 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
This thread is from 2009, and EDD changes their telephone system every year. I had to call to give them a change of address, and got through within five minutes. Just follow the instructions on the recording.

EDD has updated their phone system, at least three times since this thread was started. You also might want to try emailing them.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 41,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdog042 View Post
it works 100% .I first dialed 1-800-300-5616 then as soon as i heard Welcome to EDD i quicly press 1-3-0 and did not get through and i hang-up, a minute later i redialed and again as soon i heard Welcone to EDD i quickly press 1-2-1-1-7 .... seconds later a reprentative helped me and resolve my issue. And the girl who assists me was very very helpful,softspoken and very kind as well. thanks to thread and Simone (the representatives name) my days and weeks of anxiety is resolved in 5 to 8 minutes. Absolutely a must to try this for it beats, in my opinion, every options there is. Be patient on this one for surely you will have a positve result.
January 9th, 2012
YES!!! I called 1800-300-5616 and Followed the following directions "When you dial, you'll hear one of two messages. One says "Thank you for calling . . ." HANG UP because it's going to tell you that there are too many calls coming in. The other recording starts out with "Welcome to EDD."

As soon as you hear "Welcome to EDD," immediately press either 1-3-0 OR 1-2-1-1-7."

I tried the 12117 several times and it eventually worked. It did ask me to create a nother pin, which i did. after doing so, the automated system gave me several options and one of them was to talk to an operator. 3 minutes later I was talking to Sally a very helpful and nice lady with a wonderful voice.

Good luck!

Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 AM

2 posts, read 41,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelly View Post
the 130 thing didn't work as of Jan 2012...I just tried and went through a bunch of other steps and then...There are too many callers already waiting to take your call. This is bull****! I can't get the information I need online OR from the auto call. I NEED to talk to a live body.
Try the 12117. I did a few minutes ago and got through. My problem has been resolved. Good luck.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:23 PM

38,893 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman2012 View Post
Try the 12117. I did a few minutes ago and got through. My problem has been resolved. Good luck.
I just tried that 12117 trick earlier this afternoon but it never gave me the option to talk to a live person. I ended up sending another e-mail because the one I sent back on Friday the 6th was never answered.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 60,519 times
01/13/2012---I was going crazy with all this EDD stuff. My claim forms have been coming later than the mail in date and been getting shorted like mad! I been trying for days to get ahold of an operator and they are not returning my emails. I googled this thread and this is what I found to be helpful as of this date. Since the EDD has a new phone system it is hard to push all these buttons simultaneously. As soon as you push one button it immediately jumps to that menu. So this is what I came up with.....
I tried the following information...

As soon as you hear "Welcome to EDD," immediately press 1-2-1-1-7.

It then prompted me to input my SSN and pin. It gave me my payment information as of the current date.

It then asks you "if you would like to speak to an operator please press 0" press 0 and you're golden!!

A couple minutes later I got through. I was on hold about 5 minutes, but I got a live body and resolved the issue.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:20 PM

3 posts, read 58,966 times
I did as described above, and got through in less than 5 min as well. Awesomesauce!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 PM

38,893 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
I just tried that 12117 trick earlier this afternoon but it never gave me the option to talk to a live person. I ended up sending another e-mail because the one I sent back on Friday the 6th was never answered.
To update the above: The original e-mail I sent on Friday, 1/6/12 was finally answered by the EDD on Tuesday, 1/10/12. The follow-up e-mail I sent on Tuesday, 1/10/12 was answered on Friday, 1/13/12. Thankfully, I got my issue resolved and I'm receiving my EDD benefits again. I'm also doing the online Web Certification to submit my continuing claims instead of using the paper forms. Much faster plus saves me from having to use postage stamps.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:28 PM

2,499 posts, read 3,248,183 times
Yes email seems to work very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment