Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 04:46 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times

Advertisements

I dialed the usual 800-300-5616 & sorry but didn't write down all the #s after each set of voice messages. I believe there were 2 more #s to dial & I did have to try a couple of times.

I did notice that I called at like 8:01am & got a different automated voice than when I called at 8:02. The latter was GOOD. I assume they had just switched from close to opening phone line hours.

If I have to call back, I'll try to remember to note the # I dialed after the phone #.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 09:14 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
^ That was a Tuesday when I got through very easily last month.

Today, Monday, 6/10, I'm not able to get through...they probably keep the off business hours automated greeting ON ALL DAY on Mondays because they know how flooded it is.

If anyone knows any tips or secrets to get through on a MONDAY, please post here.

It also seems their online system is quirky. I had to call last month to get through to initially apply for EDD via phone because a certain button that was normally online wasn't showing up. I'm having to call today because the usual Sunday certify button isn't there online either.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 06-10-2019 at 09:35 AM..

Old 06-10-2019, 09:45 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
I got through using the method posted here. Monday is an extremely busy day for EDD, since everyone is calling to see where their money is, so I think you'll have better luck trying tomorrow.

Old 04-16-2020, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post
I did a search and didn't find this information on the board and wanted to offer it up. It only works for getting through to a live person at California EDD if you need to call them. However, I simply googled "cal edd phone numbers" and found the tricks immediately, so try it for your state too.

The Cal EDD number is 1-800-300-5616. When you dial, you'll hear one of two messages. One says "Thank you for calling . . ." HANG UP because it's going to tell you that there are too many calls coming in. The other recording starts out with "Welcome to EDD."

As soon as you hear "Welcome to EDD," immediately press either 1-3-0 OR 1-2-1-1-7.

I first tried 12117 this morning and didn't get through. A couple minutes later, I used 130 and, sure enough, I got through. I was on hold about 5 minutes, but I got a live body and resolved the issue.

I can't say that it will work every time, but it sure beats hitting redial every couple minutes.

Good Luck!
**** NO LUCK**** The 1-3-0 works, (when you can get through) but it doesn't get you straight to a live agent it. it just bypasses some of the prompts. Ive called every morning at 8AM EXACTLY and still cannot get anyone.

When I'm finally pushed through the queue and "Waiting for the next available Rep" I'm then on hold for 30mins to an hour the call is then answered with a message saying, "Due to the high number of calls we are unable to assist you at this time please cal back later" then I'm disconnected.

Or I'm waiting to speak to someone and the line seems as if its picked up and Im just suddenly disconnected. Forced to call back and try to get through again, which takes an hour or an hour and a half of constantly calling back to back hoping to get through to wait just for the previous cycle to happen all over again. It's been a month! This is insane.

Old 04-16-2020, 04:27 PM

This is what I use when I need to call - but you have to remember that they're backlogged with thousands of calls right now.

1-800-300-5616

First call was the “experiencing large volume of calls'
second call "welcome"
as soon as I heard that I pressed 1 for English

then when I heard automated voice talking I did the 5 1 1 0 process
and then was put on the waitlist.

Old 04-16-2020, 04:31 PM

Try this, you might have better luck.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unem...t-ama-ask.html

Old 04-22-2020, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,360 times
Getting through to unemployment is incredibly frustrating. My claim was disqualified, and I haven't received any communication regarding why so I can appeal. I've been trying to call for 2 weeks and haven't been able to get through until today. I was finally on hold to speak with a representative, waited for 45 minutes then someone answered, I heard noise and voices in the background, I said "hello?" multiple times before the representative hung up without saying anything. It's incredibly frustrating as my deadline to file an appeal is fast approaching, and I have no way to do so. I have researched online and it seems many have had the same complaint of someone picking up the phone then hanging up. This is incredibly frustrating when I'm just trying to get answers, and representatives seem to have no regard to doing their jobs.

Old 04-30-2020, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
This is what I use when I need to call - but you have to remember that they're backlogged with thousands of calls right now.

1-800-300-5616

First call was the “experiencing large volume of calls'
second call "welcome"
as soon as I heard that I pressed 1 for English

then when I heard automated voice talking I did the 5 1 1 0 process
and then was put on the waitlist.
Can you please explain what the "5 1 1 0 process" is? thank you!

Old 04-30-2020, 02:48 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,765,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtimesca View Post
Can you please explain what the "5 1 1 0 process" is? thank you!
I'm assuming he means after after hearing welcome and then pressing one for English heard automated voice talking and pressed 5,, next menu pressed 1, and so forth until finally getting to the final menu to get put on the waitlist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment