Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,819 times

Advertisements

@ Jerseybird2006...I just file my last...exhausted benefits....59 yrs old with 2K mortgage payment. Can't qualify for any assistance in our wonderful state on NJ. Can't sell my house, have 2 10 yr old cars and 15K credit card debt. I pray that a tier 5 happens because employment outlook is still bleak. If I can sell my house I will be able to pay all my bills and still buy in a 55+ community in Ocean county. My credit is still excellent but won't after this month cause not able to pay March mortgage payment. I can't pay my bills with a $15 hr job if I could even get 1 paying that. The American dream has become the American Nightmare for my wife & I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 01:44 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckNJ732 View Post
@ Jerseybird2006...I just file my last...exhausted benefits....59 yrs old with 2K mortgage payment. Can't qualify for any assistance in our wonderful state on NJ. Can't sell my house, have 2 10 yr old cars and 15K credit card debt. I pray that a tier 5 happens because employment outlook is still bleak. If I can sell my house I will be able to pay all my bills and still buy in a 55+ community in Ocean county. My credit is still excellent but won't after this month cause not able to pay March mortgage payment. I can't pay my bills with a $15 hr job if I could even get 1 paying that. The American dream has become the American Nightmare for my wife & I.
terrible!!

Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseybird2006 View Post
I am finished with my last tier of benefits. I have no more UNEMPLOYMENT now what....
I received my last check for $33.00 for week ending February 21st PLEASE HELP!!!!

1. State Initial Benefits - up to 26 weeks (if less than 26 weeks, your Tiers will be pro-rated accordingly).
2. Federal EUC Tier I - up to 20 weeks
3. Federal EUC Tier II - up to 14 weeks (the 14th week was a package deal with 13 weeks Tier II, and 6 weeks Tier IV = 20 weeks total).
4. Federal EUC Tier III - up to 13 weeks
5. Federal EUC Tier IV - up to 6 weeks
well now what is the question. Do you have family /friends to live with? What are your plans if there is none. I am afraid things dont look good right now. Tell us about what work you do, maybe I know someone, give alittle info. Where do you live? Own a home or rent?

Old 03-04-2010, 02:16 PM
OVM

2 posts, read 4,527 times
its terrible so many people are on collecting u-c benefits, when they live in one of the many pockets around the country where work is available. though, how many people are going to go out & work 40 hrs a week, earn 400 dollars or less...Before Taxes, when they can sit at home doing nothing & what they want, and collect 350 through unemployment? can you blame them? often times those jobs may not work out for whatever reason, and they may not get unemployment insurance back, or if they do-its decreased. very flawed system.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:05 AM

5 posts, read 9,623 times
Default In NJ after Tier 4 do you automatically go on to EB?

I have a question.............I am on Tier 4 and have have one more check to go. I was laid off in October of 2008. After Tier 4 do I go on to EB? I have collected under Tier 1,2,3 and 4. Help.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,975,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDYNJ View Post
I have a question.............I am on Tier 4 and have have one more check to go. I was laid off in October of 2008. After Tier 4 do I go on to EB? I have collected under Tier 1,2,3 and 4. Help.
You may be eligible for EB -- if your state provides these benefits.

If you are collecting in New Jersey -- as your screen name suggests -- when you exhaust Tier IV, the state automatically files an application for you for EB. You will receive a written notification of the determination of your eligibility.

For more info about EB in New Jersey, see the state DOL website:
http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/ui/...ensions.html#6

Last edited by diorgirl; 04-14-2010 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: Added link

Old 04-17-2010, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,348 times
I am in California and I am also about to begin Tier 4 (my benefits began November 2008). About 2 weeks ago I accepted a part time "job" at $10 an hour for 10-20 hours/week, for fear that I may lose my benefits. The job is not at all what they described to me (they basically want me to stalk people in shopping malls to sell their chiropractic service), makes me very uncomfortable and I am wasting more gas than anything and only made $45 last week. Can I quit this job and not be penalized. My original job that I was laid of from was full-time at 50K per year. I am just afraid to check mark the box that asks if I have refused work.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:29 PM

149 posts, read 344,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaners View Post
I am in California and I am also about to begin Tier 4 (my benefits began November 2008). About 2 weeks ago I accepted a part time "job" at $10 an hour for 10-20 hours/week, for fear that I may lose my benefits. The job is not at all what they described to me (they basically want me to stalk people in shopping malls to sell their chiropractic service), makes me very uncomfortable and I am wasting more gas than anything and only made $45 last week. Can I quit this job and not be penalized. My original job that I was laid of from was full-time at 50K per year. I am just afraid to check mark the box that asks if I have refused work.

I think you can still collect while working a part time job.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,348 times
That's just it though, I want to quit it.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:20 AM

1,828 posts, read 4,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaners View Post
That's just it though, I want to quit it.
I believe if you quit it you will be denied UE insurance if you try and start it again. They don't allow quitting of jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment