Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 11:45 AM

394 posts, read 1,386,015 times

Advertisements

Any ideas? My job of 14mos. is a nightmare admin environment and it's making me sick. (Asking me to research and write huge (300 pg) gov't reports, one after the other due to their inept lack of gov't reporting over the past 8 years; the barracudas I work for are out of their minds----screw that. I am going to transition to something else, and I'd like to collect along the way.

I understand the general stipulations that one must be jobless through "no fault of one's own", but I know there is some wide variation with this. Here, the laws are set up more in the favor of the employee. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 12:26 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,784,960 times
Here's a thought - why don't you just look for something else while you're still employed?

UI is for people who have lost their jobs, not for people who just want to change jobs

Old 02-07-2010, 10:17 PM

475 posts, read 1,637,499 times
You are asking how to cheat and take money from your fellow workers/employer and other folks that have legitimate UE claims? Shame Shame on you!

Send me 1,000 bucks and I tell you how quit your job and win an UE claim, sorry folks, I am one of those nasty bad capitalist barracudas

Last edited by dick1973; 02-07-2010 at 10:28 PM..

Old 02-08-2010, 05:36 AM

5,617 posts, read 15,449,907 times
cant quit , must get fired. Call in sick alot, come in super late, take a late lunch and say you got a flat tire, but dont commit any gross misconduct. In otherwords, crime, sexual stuff, stealing, calling boss an a@shole but calling out sick alot is not misconduct. Do not quit, wont collect. Say you got a bad flu to them when you call out sick every Friday and Monday. You will get fired, its pretty easy actually just be late and sick and stupid on job assignments.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:05 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,784,960 times
Do enough of THAT stupid chit and you may find yourself UNemployed longer than you'd like as well. Word travels.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:47 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,848,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasurf View Post
Any ideas? My job of 14mos. is a nightmare admin environment and it's making me sick. (Asking me to research and write huge (300 pg) gov't reports, one after the other due to their inept lack of gov't reporting over the past 8 years; the barracudas I work for are out of their minds----screw that. I am going to transition to something else, and I'd like to collect along the way.

I understand the general stipulations that one must be jobless through "no fault of one's own", but I know there is some wide variation with this. Here, the laws are set up more in the favor of the employee. Thanks.
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but why not be thankful for your job? I have been unemployed for 8 months and would be happy just to have a job to hate. Unemployment can make a person sick as well. I don't know how many times I have been scared to death that I wouldn't be able to afford asthma medication for the month. Not to mention the depression that can result from not being able to pay bills or just go out and have fun.

If you hate your job so much, do they offer tuition reimbursement?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:32 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,253,292 times
Do you not realize that other PEOPLE are paying your UE, and not the government. This is sad, pathetic, not responsible, and you make me sick.

Sorry for the personal attack, but what a self-rightous arrogant thought process. Shut-up and be an adult. Don't harm you fellow citizens by making them pay your paycheck because you felt like you were too bored at your job. Quit and pay the consequences of being jobless... don't make us pay the consequences.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:57 PM

145 posts, read 572,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrasurf View Post

Are you out of your mind posting this on an "unemployment forum" where so many people are hurting financially and emotionally because they lost their job through no fault of their own? Some have spent all their savings just to survive, some are losing or have lost their homes, and some deal with ridicule because they absolutely cannot find employment. Do you expect any of them to advise you how to cheat the system?

Do you have any idea how many people would love to kick your sorry butt out of your office/cubicle chair and take your job?

I'm sure you don't need anyone to give you ideas on how to screw up enough to get fired. The mere fact that you asked this question on a public forum says all anyone needs to know about your character. I'm in awe that you were able to hold a job for 14 months. I venture to guess your lack of moral ethics extends to your work ethics.

I'll just have to wish you luck on your quest and hope you find unemployment, permanently.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:30 AM

5,617 posts, read 15,449,907 times
ok thats enough bashing this person, they probably realize now they made a mistake. It happens, we are human and some people who are working still have miserable jobs and hate them. I just spoke with a friend of mine who HATES his job! He said to me that he found a nitroglycerin pill and is thinking about putting it in his boss coffee. I said look if murder is seriously on your mind then it aint worth it , JUST QUIT!!! So not everyone is thrilled with their job. I honestly think this person made a mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment