Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM

600 posts, read 1,074,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I've got 2 weeks left, after that I don't know what I will do. I've already called my mortgage company to let them know without more tiers or a job I've made my last payment on my modest mortgage of 349. I've dropped the price multiple times to now $140,000. for 10 acres and a MH. I hate it, I've worked hard all my life for this place, small as it is, most of my savings were sunk into it. I live in NE GA and all of GA is facing rising unemployment, we went from 10.2 to 10.4 and now 10.8 and they say it will get worse yet our #$%^ senators vote against every bill to extend, I didn't vote for them but I'm sure stuck with them.

Two months ago I started going thru my things, an ebay seller came and took my mother's portable antiques to sell for pennies on the dollar and we are trying to find a buyer for her furniture I inherited. Over the last 19 months I've sold everything I could to keep afloat.

I have a 14 year old F150 and I'm trying to find a very used shell to put on it and a used small cargo trailer and I will be living out of that.

I will be 60 years old this year, I have great MS Office skills and type 50wpm, medical and legal backgrounds, yet I've only had 4 interviews and yes I've done everything to resume review etc. I've applied for the low paying jobs too and no takers.

I'm thinking I will be homeless very soon.
Did you already use up your EB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 08:02 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrox311 View Post
Did you already use up your EB?

Yes

Old 03-23-2010, 08:09 PM

600 posts, read 1,074,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Yes
Whereabouts in NE GA do you live?

I know of a local plant nursery that is looking for a seasonal driver. It would be from now until June. They're in Dacula. No CDL required.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:23 PM

306 posts, read 605,507 times
UPDATE: I received a phone call today, and I was offered a postion!!! Timing couldn't have been any better...I should be able to collect my last week form Tier IV, and then off to work...

I wish everyone the best in job hunting...I never thought it would happen, any time soon that is, but things worked out for me and hopefully for you too!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 06:34 AM

516 posts, read 1,350,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutz1012 View Post
UPDATE: I received a phone call today, and I was offered a postion!!! Timing couldn't have been any better...I should be able to collect my last week form Tier IV, and then off to work...

I wish everyone the best in job hunting...I never thought it would happen, any time soon that is, but things worked out for me and hopefully for you too!!!
That's great!!! I wish you lots of luck

Wendy

Old 03-28-2010, 07:51 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrox311 View Post
Whereabouts in NE GA do you live?

I know of a local plant nursery that is looking for a seasonal driver. It would be from now until June. They're in Dacula. No CDL required.
Thanks, but I'm in school for phlebotomy and hope to get a job from that. Dacula's a bit far for me, I'd basically be working for gas money. Also, I need full time perm work with benefits.

Everyone who's exhausted or soon to exhaust their Tier IV keep calling and writing all the senators and Congressmen - the long term unemployed are the forgotten people.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:22 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Did anyone receive a letter or anything?

Old 03-31-2010, 05:45 AM

516 posts, read 1,350,221 times
Just claimed the last tiny amount left on tier IV. My bank account has a negative and overdraft fees, don't have food, can't pay any bills this month, my house is on the market but looks like no buyers anytime soon. I'm in panic mode. The only hope I have is one job that's been checking my background for the past 3 weeks. Don't know what to do.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:19 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,951,650 times
I just got my last check today from TIER IV. I'm done also. Benefits Exhausted!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 03:01 AM

251 posts, read 417,256 times
New York is one of those crappy states where, if you file a claim AFTER april 2008 you CANNOT get 20 weeks of extended benefits. How crap is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment