Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:44 AM

251 posts, read 417,222 times

Advertisements

People, WE elected these morons, yet we sit by and let them play games with our lives. WE have NOT made our voices heard. What good are one-month extensions? The Senate is currently considering another ONE MONTH EXTENSION. So guess what? People have to, yet again, go on an unwanted rollercoaster ride.

And Tier 5? What of that? MILLIONS of people are set to exhaust their Tier 4 Benefits. Have you made your voice heard? I wonder what the chances are that a Tier 5 will be enacted.

Truth be told, we life in an effed up country run by elitist bureaucrats and we TOLERATE IT!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 06:59 PM

244 posts, read 622,440 times
Can I kindly ask why you have started another thread about a topic that has a ton of threads already active on the subject of a tier 5? Why start yet another one?

Old 04-12-2010, 07:35 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times
Going to sound ignorant here...with the talk of tier this tier that...since I've NEVER collected unemployment (one time ) over 50 yrs ago.

WHO pays all this tier money...from whose bank account?

I cannot believe the Govmt is forking out all that dough from the treasury.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:59 PM

98 posts, read 257,481 times
Try putting your feet in millions of other people shoes.

Last edited by knoxgarden; 04-12-2010 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: removed personal attack

Old 04-12-2010, 09:39 PM

348 posts, read 707,006 times
The facts are that if you have plenty or even enough to get by you would never want to pay for more unemployment. If you own a business you hate unions and employees who think they have anything to do with your success. Most are jealous of people making more money than them and snicker at those making less. No one but the ones who have lost, and are loosing everything that they have worked all their lives to accomplish. Not to mention the children who will never no why they had to leave their toys and friends to move into a welfare motel. These are the ones who know only two well that they don't deserve to be forgotten. Tier 5 is needed!!!! Lets hope someone does not have the stomach to stand for where they see this is going. Hopefully someone who does not want to see people happy to make nothing. Someone who is sick of the already hard job of finding people who do things with a little pride become even harder than it is. I just hope there is a person who is a someone that can help!!!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Unemployment extensions aren't what's needed. The government is running out of money. This is like an individual buying food and paying utility bills with credit cards and running up big debt with nothing to show for it.

It's interesting how so many of you will demand more free money but never demand they create those 5 million new jobs they promised to create. Why do you believe government is so magical that it can create all this big wealth to dole out but can't create jobs? Well -- of course the government cannot create jobs so much of the problem are the politicians who promise that but the government could stop negotiating our jobs away and stop interfering with job creation.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Unemployment extensions aren't what's needed. The government is running out of money. This is like an individual buying food and paying utility bills with credit cards and running up big debt with nothing to show for it.

It's interesting how so many of you will demand more free money but never demand they create those 5 million new jobs they promised to create. Why do you believe government is so magical that it can create all this big wealth to dole out but can't create jobs? Well -- of course the government cannot create jobs so much of the problem are the politicians who promise that but the government could stop negotiating our jobs away and stop interfering with job creation.
As always mal. you get some of the stuff right but are always wrong on the Unemployment issue. Who else do you think is going broke thanks to the government? 15 million Americans. I say myself bring all our troops home and put all that money into the next couple of years of Unemployment that is going to be needed to get the 10 million jobs that were lost back. I want those jobs you seem to think no one wants here. They just are not going to happen in a timely manner and Unemployment extensions are going to be needed for the foreseeable future. I woud like to see what happens to the economy and crime if they drop millions of people off of UI. Maybe you will be even lucky enough to lose your job at that point.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:10 PM

199 posts, read 404,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Well I for sure will love a JOB than the FREE $$$$$....but it does not always go my way......The Government said they created 5 million jobs.....yet I cannot tell you where or when I can go to apply for one of them............as for money majority of the people that are unemployed now is due to the Government (you can break it down in many ways too) so we are entitle to the FREE $$$$ you are talking bout til we get out of this DEPRESSION not RECISSION

The Government is running out of money$$$$$...mmmmmmm.....MILLIONS of UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS been ran out of money$$$$$$$$

THANK YOU

Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 AM

613 posts, read 960,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
As always mal. you get some of the stuff right but are always wrong on the Unemployment issue. Who else do you think is going broke thanks to the government? 15 million Americans. I say myself bring all our troops home and put all that money into the next couple of years of Unemployment that is going to be needed to get the 10 million jobs that were lost back. I want those jobs you seem to think no one wants here. They just are not going to happen in a timely manner and Unemployment extensions are going to be needed for the foreseeable future. I woud like to see what happens to the economy and crime if they drop millions of people off of UI. Maybe you will be even lucky enough to lose your job at that point.
Amen Brother

Old 04-13-2010, 12:27 AM

600 posts, read 1,074,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6864cbr View Post
first where are you getting your information that millions that are set to exhaust tier 4? second HR4851 is a needed quick fix, which will give them time to create and or debate a longer fix. the fact is 200,000 were cut of last week and another 200,000 will be cut off this week far short of tier 4. the point is many either have or will be cut off due to cut off dates. these 200,000+ people have received only a small portion of what those on tier 4 have received but yet they are being cut off.

so are we to let all those be cut off who havent received 99 weeks?

as for the statement of creating 5 million jobs how do you think they should go about that? the truth is the damage has already been done. companies just dont have the amount of capital on hand that they did some 4 years ago. it will be a very long time before you see the jobs come back. you must keep paying unemployment because if you cut 5-7 million people off it will only make the economy worse. all those on unemployment put the money right back into the system. without that money more jobs will be lost.
A good portion of people on Tier 4 have not received 99 weeks of benefits. Some, like myself, have not taken SEB yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment