Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 08:58 PM

4 posts, read 15,935 times

Advertisements

here is the thing..i have been waiting a bout 2 months for my unemployment and still have not got it.. and i filed my weekly unemployment this week by email as usual, and when i checked my status of it this is what it said

Your claim for the week ending April 24, 2010 was processed on April 27, 2010. No payment was made because you were disqualified for this period. A written determination has been or will be issued.

can someone tell me what this means please..im confused..was i turned down for unemployment for are they still deciding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 12:58 PM

160 posts, read 375,920 times
Were you fired for gross misconduct?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:19 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,940,234 times
So annoying when they do this. If their servers are secure enough for you to submit information, why aren't they secure enough for them to submit information to you?? Why do they have to send you a printed letter?

Anyways, it sounds like you'll have to wait until you get the letter in the mail explaining why. Could be that you just clicked on the wrong button and indicated something that would make you ineligible (like that you had earnings or did not look for work).

Its possible that they have finally finished processing your applicaiton (they typically require that you continue filing for weekly benefits during this time) and have for some reason determined you are ineligible (such as for lack of sufficient earnings, no verifiable employment, or reason for discharge). But the wording sounds like they are just referring to this week, not all weeks.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:12 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,987,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog8307 View Post
here is the thing..i have been waiting a bout 2 months for my unemployment and still have not got it.. and i filed my weekly unemployment this week by email as usual, and when i checked my status of it this is what it said

Your claim for the week ending April 24, 2010 was processed on April 27, 2010. No payment was made because you were disqualified for this period. A written determination has been or will be issued.

can someone tell me what this means please..im confused..was i turned down for unemployment for are they still deciding
If you have been awaiting two months for unemployment and still not received it, your application has been held up by the claims examiner. The message you received that you were "disqualified" for the period you claimed can mean that you are disqualified for all benefits, or for benefits just for that period.

You can wait to receive the written notification cited in the message, or you can simply call or visit your local UI office and speak to a rep about the disqualification. They can tell you the grounds on which you were disqualified, and they can tell you how to proceed (for example, how to file an appeal, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment