Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 10:25 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,887,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
All these responses and not one person has submitted a photo of a "pie tin" flying though the air? C'mon get those camera phones working. Send us some pics!
Zona - I'm saving my pics for my new book "Beantown Babe’s Big Book of Bodacious Beings, Beasts & Bit o’ Bizarre".

I think the key word is unidentified. I had a military friend who worked with sonar on a submarine, who mentioned that unidentified "objects" were heard on sonar under the ocean, as well as seen on radar in the air, on a regular basis. Who knows if they were a bird, meteor, whale, octupus... Very interesting subject, but we'll never know the answer to everything, which is part of the fun of using our imagination in life. I do love the pics people post of bigfoot, UFO's, ghosts, etc., though. Some are very unique.

Fun, fun, fun... VV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 08:05 PM

73 posts, read 346,603 times
I believe in UFO's because I believe in God & I can't imagine that he would create humans & then just stop. I would think that in all the endless eons of eternity that he would have created many different life forms.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 AM

118 posts, read 465,057 times
Yes, I believe because I saw one. I was working security at a hospital in Birmingham, AL. It was about 1997 when one night, while on patrol in my car, I saw a huge,huge UFO coming very slowly toward me. It looked kind of like the Enterprise. I had a police radio in my car because we worked closely with the Birmingham PD. I watched in total awe when I heard a B'ham policeman shout over the radio "WHAT IS THAT?" No one, including myself answered.
I just sat there and watched it as it slowly passed over a hill heading east. It was unbelievable, to say the least. I asked some other people if they saw it and they said no.

I also know of other people here on the beach that have seen them.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM

143 posts, read 577,233 times
Why would we think that if life can happen here on earth that it could not happen on one of the billions of plants,stars moons. in the universe.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:13 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,528,355 times
I'm not too sure about the UFO phenomenon, because theres so many hoaxes about them. Such as pictures, abductions, and communications with aliens. I'm not too much of a believer, no.

Now Bigfoot; yes, I believe in that for sure!

Old 06-26-2007, 09:22 PM

942 posts, read 1,389,730 times
I most certainly do, I think it very strange that people could honestly think that we are such ,supreme beings here on earth, that we would be the only ones in the universe, Please, I think a time will come when we will find we are far from being the only planet in the universe that has life. They may finally come and visit and show us who they are, lets hope its a friendly visit. In fact I would go as far as saying, that some of the strange beings in Portland Oregon must be from some other planet and are here already.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 PM
sun

683 posts, read 2,123,710 times
"The Best UFO Pictures Ever Taken" Website. See 10 pages of UFO pictures taken over a period of many decades. Especially check out the 1980's & 1990's on pages 4 & 5, & 2007 on page 10. The pictures get better as the film & camera quality improved and went from B&W to color. All are A++++!

The Best UFO Pictures Ever Taken, Page 1, 1927-1959

Last edited by sun; 06-26-2007 at 10:32 PM..

Old 06-28-2007, 12:57 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,123,710 times
Alien Armada! (1952 Washington, DC UFO sightings)
Washington Post, July 21, 2002

Alien Armada! (1952 Washington, DC UFO sightings) - UFO Evidence

UFOs Fly Directly Over Washington DC, 1952
Washington Post, July 28, 1952

UFOs Fly Directly Over Washington DC, 1952 - UFO Evidence

1952 Washington D.C. Sightings

Below see transcipt of article

July 28, 1952
"Saucer" outran jet, pilot reveals

Investigation on in secret after chase over capital

Radar spot blips like aircraft for nearly six hours - only 1.700 feet up

By Paul Sampson, Post Reporter

1952 Washington D.C. Sightings, UFO Casebook Files

Old 07-17-2007, 02:09 PM

702 posts, read 3,150,167 times
There has never been one confirmed sighting by someone willing to take a polygraph! I worked in law enforcement for 25 years and not one person reporting a UFO was willing to take a polygraph. In the late 60's and early 70's there were many sightings in the city where I worked and also neighboring cities. None confirmed!

Old 07-17-2007, 04:34 PM

378 posts, read 1,202,827 times
Why are these pictures (and not just these, but all pictures I have EVER seen of UFO's) always fuzzy, unclear and impossible to really see? These days, with cameras what they now are, why can't someone get at least ONE clear, bright picture....? Just curious....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal