Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 09:53 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
NOT true at all.

You seem to think that just because someone is more connected than someone else or more "spiritual" then they are not allowed to ask for and receive money for their time. Most priests get paid for their time, so why shouldn't other 'spiritual' people? Our attitudes to this need to change. It is entirely up to the "spiritual" person concerned whether they believe they should ask for money, and nothing whatever to do with anyone else.
Sorry. I will broach no exceptions. I KNOW what spiritual enlightenment produces within a person and it precludes ANY concerns about money or worldly compensations. You cannot know spiritual bliss and not want to share it freely . . . it is impossible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2012, 11:11 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I think there are more reasons for marriage than happiness.

That said, I have known “Psychics” that really should have seen things coming, before their relationships, or their family’s, fell apart.
Most psychics will tell you that they cannot see into their own lives. They say that spirit intentionally blinds them to their own future so that they can learn life lessons just as anyone else.

For example, my friend had a vision of me and my now ex girlfriend breaking up, but my ex and me didn't see it coming until much later. But I did have a feeling she was going to break up with me a few days before she did, but that was based on her stiff body language and other cues, not necessarily being psychic.

I do think some people are genuinely psychic, though, like my friend who had a vision of us breaking up. He also had a vision of our friend dying in a car accident over winter break on the last day of our fall semester, while having a conversation with him. Well guess what--our friend died in a car accident over winter break. That kind of stuff is impossible to deny because someone has a specific vision, and then that specific vision happens. My friend was dead on about the details of how it happened and even saw that the other people in the car all survived (which they did).

Though most people get glimpses of psychic sights/sounds/feelings/thoughts, the number of people that are as psychic as people like James Van Praagh (either is or claims to be) is rare, IMO. Most people are just a little bit psychic, and a lot of people are good at picking up on cues that make from an another person's perspective, may seem like they're psychic. Some people may not even realize they're subconsciously picking up on cues and believe themselves to be more psychic than they are.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:12 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
off and on, but i know your posts and gather my hunches from that, and that is not psychic.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:19 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Another thing to keep in mind, OP, is that just because someone is psychic doesn't mean they know everything all the time (like what you are thinking about and why you started this thread). They might get glimpses of things, get hunches, and sometimes know about something and why something happened, especially if it's particularly significant (like a death in the family). But that doesn't mean they're connected into every single person's thoughts and feelings all the time. For example, my friend who had a vision of the car accident and of my breakup has been wrong about other things, but that didn't make him any less right about those two instances.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:07 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,738 times
I so hate the word "psychic", it brings up visions of dark rooms, people in turbans and crystal balls.

Being a sensitive or an intuitive isn't black and white, it's far more complicated than that. So many different layers, different types, different levels of ability.

I agree with Mystic, money taints the gift.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:56 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Gift or birthright? Some would say that knowing what is going to happen - even occasionally is not a welcome "gift" anyway.

Quote:
Sorry. I will broach no exceptions. I KNOW what spiritual enlightenment produces within a person and it precludes ANY concerns about money or worldly compensations. You cannot know spiritual bliss and not want to share it freely . . . it is impossible!
I dont believe I said anything about "spiritual enlightenment", what I said was connectedness which is just that, the degree to which someone is connected with the universal energy.

Unfortunately, we still live in a materialistic and competative world where money is the energy exchange medium we use - however un-spiritual that may be..

How an "enlightened one" lives is still dictated by the environment he/she lives in and how many "enlightened one"s are there around these days? Not many I guess.

Concern about money: well I think I know what you mean, but unless you can manifest your own you still need to live, eat, sleep and go to the toilet and even at that kind of mundane level generally needs things like toothpaste which needs money to buy. Of course, if you know someone who is giving away free toothpaste as well as free healing, then please let us know.

Personally, I think when you get to this level of "enlightenment" you are probably going to be teaching others how to achieve this themselves, but even that needs money to rent space, to make training materials, and all the other 3D trappings of an education establishment.

Plus - if you can manifest your own money, I think you may have quite a few people knocking on your door asking for some of it or possibly even kidnapping you to keep the "golden goose who lays golden eggs" for themselves. I can think of many gangs and organisations who would love an unlimited supply of money.

"enlightenened ones" are a national security risk too due to them being able to move through walls and examine secret documents without the need for security passes. :-)

Old 02-05-2012, 02:03 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,156 times
Default The Truth

Shalom. Whether I'm psychic...I don't know. I'm certain lots of people saw something that day, but so far I've heard no one who was as close as I was.
It was April 26, 1979. The Battle of Flowers Parade in San Antonio, TX.
After having walked from a parked location a few blocks away we (My mom Judy, my three brothers and sister) arrived at the corner of Broadway and E Grayson St. where the parade was going to begin. When we got to the NW corner of Broadway and Grayson there was an old RV parked parallel to Broadway. We stopped at the RV and stood there to survey where we might sit before the parade started.
I remember vividly how we were all positioned in that moment...our mom Judy standing right on the NW corner of Broadway and Grayson; my older bother Michael standing to her right and slightly ahead on the curb; my older sister Lisa to her right and slightly behind between herself and Michael; my younger brother Thomas standing behind Lisa and slightly to her right; the youngest, John holding my moms right hand standing between her and Michael. Finally, me...I was leaning back against the RV with an open window directly behind me, and the door to the RV to my left, and my mom and brothers and sister to my left and slightly ahead out on the corner. As I stood there leaning against this RV trying to stay shaded from the burning sun and 105* heat I suddenly felt a wave of nausea overcome me and thought I was going to throw up. Doing my best not to let go of that mornings breakfast, I leaned back harder against this RV, when my sister turned to look at me while my mom and brother Michael were talking and deciding where we were going to sit. Looking back at Lisa it seemed like I was looking at her through a pair of binoculars. I saw heat coming off the top of her head...it was 105* outside.
G-d knows I wanted to throw up so bad...I went into a trance and suddenly found myself across the street watching people running around everywhere while light flashed and loud booms rang out from the RV that in real time I was still leaning against. As I looked at the RV in my trance I saw myself in real time standing there, while behind me through the open window of the RV, I saw a man with a rifle. I closed my eyes in terror and found myself back in real time. I looked at my sister Lisa again who was now visibly concerned by my faraway stare, and I could still see heat coming off the top of her head.
Uncertain about what I saw, I still interrupted my mom and brother while my sister kept staring at me and said, "What if there was a sniper here at this parade and started picking people off?"
My mom and older brother gave me an incredulous look; my younger brothers didn't look at me but instead were looking through the window behind me as if they saw someone. My sister shook her head, and yelled "G-d dammit! Mom! We're moving farther down the street!" Lisa kept yelling and insisting we sit somewhere far away from the RV. Finally, my mom relented telling her to calm down.
The farther we moved down the street away from the RV the less nauseated I felt, and the calmer my sister became.
Now the media reported that the police stopped the parade 30 minutes before it was to begin due to the evil actions of Ira Attebury who killed two people and wounded 52 others that bizarre and tragic day. However, the ROTC began marching in parade form with wooden "guns." When we heard gunfire, at first no one moved because everyone thought it was the ROTC. Unfortunately, people started dropping from being hit with gunfire by the deranged man in the RV. We all ran in the opposite direction away from the crazy man in the RV. Along the roundabout way back to the car we secured a Hispanic family with us and gave them a ride home because their car was now part of the crime scene.
I still experience episodes of "heat vision"...

Old 02-05-2012, 09:57 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Gift or birthright? Some would say that knowing what is going to happen - even occasionally is not a welcome "gift" anyway.

I dont believe I said anything about "spiritual enlightenment", what I said was connectedness which is just that, the degree to which someone is connected with the universal energy.

Unfortunately, we still live in a materialistic and competative world where money is the energy exchange medium we use - however un-spiritual that may be..

How an "enlightened one" lives is still dictated by the environment he/she lives in and how many "enlightened one"s are there around these days? Not many I guess.

Concern about money: well I think I know what you mean, but unless you can manifest your own you still need to live, eat, sleep and go to the toilet and even at that kind of mundane level generally needs things like toothpaste which needs money to buy. Of course, if you know someone who is giving away free toothpaste as well as free healing, then please let us know.

Personally, I think when you get to this level of "enlightenment" you are probably going to be teaching others how to achieve this themselves, but even that needs money to rent space, to make training materials, and all the other 3D trappings of an education establishment.

Plus - if you can manifest your own money, I think you may have quite a few people knocking on your door asking for some of it or possibly even kidnapping you to keep the "golden goose who lays golden eggs" for themselves. I can think of many gangs and organisations who would love an unlimited supply of money.

"enlightenened ones" are a national security risk too due to them being able to move through walls and examine secret documents without the need for security passes. :-)
Spiritual gifts are NOT for sale and should not be the basis for your worldly survival. Get a real job and freely share your gifts with others . . . the gifts are NOT yours. They are of God and God is not for sale either. Churches and religious institutions (businesses!) are a criminal debasement of worship and the "professional" leaders carry a heavy spiritual burden.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Shalom. Whether I'm psychic...I don't know. I'm certain lots of people saw something that day, but so far I've heard no one who was as close as I was.
It was April 26, 1979. The Battle of Flowers Parade in San Antonio, TX.
After having walked from a parked location a few blocks away we (My mom Judy, my three brothers and sister) arrived at the corner of Broadway and E Grayson St. where the parade was going to begin. When we got to the NW corner of Broadway and Grayson there was an old RV parked parallel to Broadway. We stopped at the RV and stood there to survey where we might sit before the parade started.
I remember vividly how we were all positioned in that moment...our mom Judy standing right on the NW corner of Broadway and Grayson; my older bother Michael standing to her right and slightly ahead on the curb; my older sister Lisa to her right and slightly behind between herself and Michael; my younger brother Thomas standing behind Lisa and slightly to her right; the youngest, John holding my moms right hand standing between her and Michael. Finally, me...I was leaning back against the RV with an open window directly behind me, and the door to the RV to my left, and my mom and brothers and sister to my left and slightly ahead out on the corner. As I stood there leaning against this RV trying to stay shaded from the burning sun and 105* heat I suddenly felt a wave of nausea overcome me and thought I was going to throw up. Doing my best not to let go of that mornings breakfast, I leaned back harder against this RV, when my sister turned to look at me while my mom and brother Michael were talking and deciding where we were going to sit. Looking back at Lisa it seemed like I was looking at her through a pair of binoculars. I saw heat coming off the top of her head...it was 105* outside.
G-d knows I wanted to throw up so bad...I went into a trance and suddenly found myself across the street watching people running around everywhere while light flashed and loud booms rang out from the RV that in real time I was still leaning against. As I looked at the RV in my trance I saw myself in real time standing there, while behind me through the open window of the RV, I saw a man with a rifle. I closed my eyes in terror and found myself back in real time. I looked at my sister Lisa again who was now visibly concerned by my faraway stare, and I could still see heat coming off the top of her head.
Uncertain about what I saw, I still interrupted my mom and brother while my sister kept staring at me and said, "What if there was a sniper here at this parade and started picking people off?"
My mom and older brother gave me an incredulous look; my younger brothers didn't look at me but instead were looking through the window behind me as if they saw someone. My sister shook her head, and yelled "G-d dammit! Mom! We're moving farther down the street!" Lisa kept yelling and insisting we sit somewhere far away from the RV. Finally, my mom relented telling her to calm down.
The farther we moved down the street away from the RV the less nauseated I felt, and the calmer my sister became.
Now the media reported that the police stopped the parade 30 minutes before it was to begin due to the evil actions of Ira Attebury who killed two people and wounded 52 others that bizarre and tragic day. However, the ROTC began marching in parade form with wooden "guns." When we heard gunfire, at first no one moved because everyone thought it was the ROTC. Unfortunately, people started dropping from being hit with gunfire by the deranged man in the RV. We all ran in the opposite direction away from the crazy man in the RV. Along the roundabout way back to the car we secured a Hispanic family with us and gave them a ride home because their car was now part of the crime scene.
I still experience episodes of "heat vision"...
Wow!

Very smart of you and your sister to not only listen to your intuition but to act on it as well.

Yes, the ability tends to run in families, far more in women than men although one of my sons is highly intuitive.

Good job Sweetie!

Old 02-05-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:

National security risk? Child please! It sounds like you've been cruising conspiracy sites.

I think what we're talking about here are normal, everyday people who just happen to be extra sensitive to the energy around them, not the product of government experimentation.

We've been a family of sensitives and intuitives for many generations. It is what it is, nothing more. None of us can walk thru walls, we just have a way of knowing things. It's no more paranormal than my grandmother's musical ability or my sister's cooking ability.

Attitudes like the one it appears you have are based on disinformation. Frankly, they do more harm than good.

Just saying.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal