Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 12:13 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,628,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
It is believed that homo-erectus was used by these Annunaki to genetically create modern man. If this is true, there is a good chance that homo-erectus still lives today as an untampered "finished species".
What makes you think that? Genetically mixed with what? Where might Homo erectus be residing today? Are you suggesting something along the line of Homo erectus bigfootacus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 12:22 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,111,020 times
How about pointing out these alien structures to me on these images..Click the first image to view at full resolution

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...South_Pole.jpg

Where are these aliens hiding? Some far side images..

The Far Side of the Moon

http://content.answcdn.com/main/cont...5/79735995.jpg

Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Tell me in your own words why the Moon can not have life on it. Someone brought up a very valid point about the lack of sufficient gravity on the Moon.
The Moon's gravity has nothing to do with containing an atmosphere. The strength gravity is largely related to the mass of an object. The mass of the Moon is less dense than that of the Earth, thus its gravity is not as strong as that of the Earth.

Along with the lack of an atmosphere, another factor as to why life could not evolve on the Moon is the extreme variations in temperature: -153C (-243F) in the shade (some spots are even colder) to 107C (225F) in the sun.
http://www.universetoday.com/19623/t...e-of-the-moon/

Last edited by NightBazaar; 10-25-2010 at 12:37 PM..

Old 10-25-2010, 12:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,511,536 times
Quote:

Don't laugh when I say this (because only astronauts know the truth) but I truly believe that we have skyscrapers and pyramid like structures on the Moon. I believe that the Moon has breathable air in some places and a blue sky like Earth. I believe that many races of ETs live on the Moon and that NASA freaked out when they learned of this. I also believe that most of the Moon landing video from the 1960s was fake (because the real Moon had too much evidence on it to hide so they faked the public video).
You have suffered a serious disconnect from anything resembling reality.

And just by random chance they chose the one spot on the moon to land that contained proof, talk about blind luck.............

I thought that C34 and his belief that dinosaurs were on Noah's ark was extreme. You make him look reasonable and sane.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,676,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
The Moon's gravity has nothing to do with containing an atmosphere.
Yes it does. The moon does not have sufficient gravity to retain an atmostphere. There may certainly be other contributing factors, but that alone is enough to explain the lack of atmosphere.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:54 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,006,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Except for the absence of an atmosphere and water. But those are such ridiculous, petty little details.
moon water was confirmed and well reported last week by many national/global news outlets.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,676,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
moon water was confirmed and well reported last week by many national/global news outlets.
Yes, I found that quite interesting, though not a stunning surprise since Mars also shows the presence of water. I think it's great the moon apparently has quite a bit of water, because that would make a base there much more plausible. Water's heavy, and would be incredibly expensive to ship up there, but if there's water already there, it solves a lot of problems. That is assuming it's as much as they say it is.

Water on the Moon: NASA Impact Probe - ABC News

Old 10-25-2010, 01:38 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,511,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
The Moon's gravity has nothing to do with containing an atmosphere. The strength gravity is largely related to the mass of an object. The mass of the Moon is less dense than that of the Earth, thus its gravity is not as strong as that of the Earth.
Did you proof read the above nonsense?

Let me help
Quote:
The Moon's gravity has nothing to do with containing an atmosphere.
vs.
Quote:
thus its gravity is not as strong as that of the Earth.
nor never mind that the moon is a whole lot smaller

Old 10-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Yes it does. The moon does not have sufficient gravity to retain an atmostphere. There may certainly be other contributing factors, but that alone is enough to explain the lack of atmosphere.
Actually, the Moon does have a tiny atmosphere of sodium, but it's about one million times less dense than that of the Earth. It was detected in 1933 and again in 1994.
Does the Moon have an atmosphere?

But you're right, that alone does not explain the lack of atmosphere. There are indeed other factors that contribute to whether or not a planet can retain an atmosphere. For example, without a sufficiently active core acting as a dynamo which generates a magnetic field, any atmosphere would be blown off into space by solar winds. This is thought to be one reason why Mars has a weak atmosphere. The magnetic field of the Moon is an extremely weak remnant (about 1/100 of the Earth's) scattered around the surface. The magnetic field of Mars is stronger, but still very weak and its magnetic sources are scattered around the planet.
Moon Remnant Magnetism

"It is the attraction between all masses dependent on distance and the object’s mass. All objects produce some amount of gravity. The more mass an object has the more gravity it produces. There is no official measure for gravity in this sense of the word. You can, however, speak in relative terms: “Earth’s gravity is about six times that of the moon.” Because the moon has less mass than the Earth, it also has less gravity."

The point being that mass does play an important role to an object's surface gravity.
Gravity (http://edmall.gsfc.nasa.gov/inv99Project.Site/Pages/gravity.html - broken link)

"Considering Mercury only has a radius of 4,879 km, which is barely any larger than the Moon, the gravity is high. The high gravity is due to the high density of the planet."
Gravity on Other Planets | Universe Today

Old 10-25-2010, 02:42 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,006,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Yes, I found that quite interesting, though not a stunning surprise since Mars also shows the presence of water. I think it's great the moon apparently has quite a bit of water, because that would make a base there much more plausible. Water's heavy, and would be incredibly expensive to ship up there, but if there's water already there, it solves a lot of problems. That is assuming it's as much as they say it is.

Water on the Moon: NASA Impact Probe - ABC News
yes it is quite expensive. some have estimated the cost of transporting just 1 liter of H20 into space is approx. $1200.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal