Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 09:45 PM

7,074 posts, read 12,338,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Learn the difference between centrifugal and centripetal, Einstein, and what they do.
MC, you're wrong on this one. Just go with me here.

Centripetal force is a force that makes a body follow a curved path: it is always directed orthogonal to the velocity of the body, toward the instantaneous center of curvature of the path.
Centripetal force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An example of this would be a rollercoaster hugging onto the track while performing a loop.

Centrifugal force (from Latin centrum "center" and fugere "to flee") represents the effects of inertia that arise in connection with rotation and which are experienced as an outward force away from the center of rotation
Centrifugal force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An example of this would be a wet ball spinning water off of it.

These two words are antonyms that are often confused with each other. I used the proper meaning when I was trying to make my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 10:08 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,453,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Are you saying that the driving force of evolution is different for humans than for all other life forms?

It is when you say things like this that we doubt your understanding of evolution. There is no need for a "non-common ancestor" to cause a split.

Okay, I looked into it. This does not challenge evolution.

You have no evidence of this "something else", mainstream or otherwise.

There went your last shred of credibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
And there went yours.
Sizzly Friddle
Cheerfully Optomistic Skeptic!

optimistic
Optimistic | Define Optimistic at Dictionary.com

My point here is let's quit with the personal attacks and ridicule (because we are ALL human). You say that I've lost credibility because I believe that the Moon has ET life on it. Well, why is that so ridiculous? Forget what you've been told in school and in the mainstream media. Tell me in your own words why the Moon can not have life on it. Someone brought up a very valid point about the lack of sufficient gravity on the Moon. Well, I gave an answer to that point. Now, give me something else.
Way to ignore my questions. Can you please answer them?
Your claims lack credibility. I sincerely do not mean that as a personal attack on you, only on your claims.

The main reason the moon cannot support life to the extent you propose is because it is a dead planet. There is no molten core, no magnetic poles to generate the shield that would protect it from bombardment by solar radiation.

The dark side of the moon is not always dark. It is illuminated by the sun when it is not blocked by the earth. The temperature swings are enormous. The life you describe as existing on the moon is just not possible for these reasons.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:06 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
The 'dark side of the Moon' is much more often blocked by the Moon itself. The Moon is only blocked by the Earth when a lunar eclipse occurs, in which case none of the Moon is illuminated (except by light being refracted through the Earth's atmosphere). Since the Moon always presents virtually the same side to the Earth (excluding libration), it has a day/night cycle of about 28 days.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
The main reason the moon cannot support life to the extent you propose is because it is a dead planet. There is no molten core, no magnetic poles to generate the shield that would protect it from bombardment by solar radiation.
I understand totally what mainstream science has told us. However, I don't believe we are being told the truth by our mainstream media (simply because they do not know the truth).

The only people on Earth that can confirm the truth (whatever it maybe) about the Moon are our astronauts. One of them tells about a UFO encounter on his way to the Moon in the following video. FWIW, I think our astronauts know much more than they are willing to say. I think they have been threatened to keep quiet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkV1ybBnHI

Quote:
The dark side of the moon is not always dark. It is illuminated by the sun when it is not blocked by the earth. The temperature swings are enormous. The life you describe as existing on the moon is just not possible for these reasons.
This is why I always call it the "far side" of the Moon. The term "dark side" is simply not true. As for the temperature swings on the Moon, this is again mainstream media knowledge. In other words, we are all being told that Earth is the only place nearby that can support life. Isn't it convenient that we always thought we were alone; then we went to the Moon and confirmed our own preconceived notions?

With that said, it is old knowledge that even our astronomers see UFOs. Some have even seen them buzzing around our Moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kDr3sRU6kw

Old 10-26-2010, 06:02 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Explain to me (in your own words) why Earth's gravity is stronger at the poles than the Equator. I say that centrifugal force is stronger at the equator. This is why the equator has a slight "bulge". As a result, we are 0.5% lighter at the equator than at the poles. This isn't much difference here on Earth.

Now, apply this same principle to the Moon. The Earth rotates once every 24 hours. The Moon rotates once every 30 days (720 hours). The Moon also has a larger body (Earth) than itself relatively close. If the Moon (a smaller body) can make our ocean tides rise, imagine what Earth (a larger body) could do to an almost non-spinning Moon (especially the side that never faces Earth). Our gravity plus the Moon's much smaller centrifugal force could produce enough gravity on the far side of the Moon to hold down a thin atmosphere. For those of you that say "NO WAY", please explain.
The difference is negligible. No amount of fiddling with numbers and adding in a dollop of wishful thinking can overcome the fact that the sum total of gravitation on the moon is insufficient to retain any sort of useful atmosphere. Atmospheric pressure on the moon is effectively none. They didn't wear those suits and helmets to make a chic fashion statement. (It is actually just barely measurable, barely, and only under certain conditions...but the number is so small that for our purposes here it might as well be zero.)

Quote:
Dammit man, now you're talking!!! I was just about to bring up the density factor. The Earth has tons more water than the Moon. The Moon also is supposedly covered with impact craters. This info alone pretty much confirms that the Moon has more density than the Earth (eventhough mainstream science says that the Moon's density is 2/3 of Earth's density).
Impact craters on the moon say absolutely nothing about the 'density factor'. The earth has a greater density, due to its core of iron and other heavy metals.

In addition, the earth is 300% larger in diameter, has 5,000% more volume and has 8,000% more mass.

What the impact craters do say, is exactly the opposite of what you are trying to convince us of- namely, that the moon has no freakin' atmosphere to speak of and that even the smallest bits of space-born debris which happen to intersect the moon's orbit strike the surface with full force and leave a crater! There is no atmosphere to impose friction which would burn up the meteorites before they could strike the surface (as happens with our atmosphere where only very large chunks are able to retain enough mass to actually reach the surface and leave an impact crater).

This is grade-school science. Why do you not know this?

Quote:
Still, it is very interesting that ex-NASA officials are now saying that our Moon has ET activity on it. That's the main issue for me.
So, the fact that someone was [formerly] employed by NASA eliminates the possibility that his/her grasp on sanity is as tenuous as, say, the atmosphere on the moon? Not.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:35 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,712,767 times
Quote:
I gave this some thought myself when I first heard about ex-NASA employees claiming that life is on the Moon. Here is my own hypothesis (and please feel free to point out any flaws in my logic).

The Earth spins very fast compared to the Moon. In fact, one side of the Moon is locked into facing Earth at all times. Because Earth is a much faster spinning "ball", Earth would require more gravity than the Moon in order to hold things down. With this said, the slower spinning Moon could sustain a thin atmosphere while having less gravity than Earth. FWIW, gravity on Earth is stronger at the poles than the equator. This fact supports my hypothesis about rotation and centrifugal force having an effect on gravity.
Let's see some math, because as I'm seeing it it makes no sense. It works out to a 0.3% difference in gravity on Earth. You're still a few orders of magnitude before you notice a difference at all.

Quote:
Also, the "far side" of the Moon (the 41% that never faces Earth) would have the most gravity simply because Earth's gravity might be magnifying it. It is a fact that Earth's gravitational pull on the Moon is so strong that the Moon is in tidal lock with the Earth. This could mean lesser gravity on the side that faces Earth; greater gravity on the side that never faces Earth.
Do you feel lighter at night when the moon is out? No? It's no different on the side of the moon facing the earth. F=GmM/r^2 works in both directions so if the moon feels it so should we.

Quote:
If I were an ET, I would do most of my building on the side of the Moon that has the most gravity and the thickest atmosphere.
Except that neither of these are true so there's nothing backing up your hunch. You're working backwards here - you conclude that aliens must be there somewhere and then make up facts so it seems possible.

And how do you explain that the back side of the moon has more craters than the side facing us? If there was a significant atmosphere there why isn't there more weathering?

And I can't believe I'm pretending to go along with the idea that there's atmosphere on only half a planet. Thermodynamics? Never heard of them so they can't be real!

Last edited by KCfromNC; 10-26-2010 at 07:03 AM..

Old 10-26-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
This is true. However, what's released to the public is not what is actually up there.
Yep, we know for a fact aliens are there because we never see them. How can anyone else come to any other conclusion?

Old 10-26-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I understand totally what mainstream science has told us. However, I don't believe we are being told the truth by our mainstream media (simply because they do not know the truth).
Wait, didn't you just say that you believed what ex-NASA officials were saying? Now you don't think they know the truth. It's pretty convenient that you get to arbitrarily ignore anything which disagrees with your faith in aliens.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:20 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Dammit man, now you're talking!!! I was just about to bring up the density factor. The Earth has tons more water than the Moon. The Moon also is supposedly covered with impact craters. This info alone pretty much confirms that the Moon has more density than the Earth (eventhough mainstream science says that the Moon's density is 2/3 of Earth's density).
I think you missed the whole point only to continue wandering off on a tangent.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
And I can't believe I'm pretending to go along with the idea that there's atmosphere on only half a planet.
I have a feeling you're willing to believe that some parts of Earth has a thinner ozone layer than others though right?

Anyways, this is a topic that simply has too many "issues" (and those "issues" are all within us, not the topic itself). Let's talk about mankind for a minute. We are a race of very stupid people. Why is that? Because we all blindly believe something (whether that something is god or science, we believe it blindly). Very few of us actually go out and test the things we believe with our own hands. God believers blindly point to the bible as their "proof". Agnostic science believers blindly point to a science book as their "proof". The truth is that neither group has actually proved anything themselves. They are simply regurgitating what someone else told them (and I am guilty of this myself, as we are all guilty of this).

So, my take on extraterrestrials on the Moon is this. I live on a planet full of life. The planet I live on has lots of "issues". My planet at one point thought everything revolved around it (and threw scientists in jail that tried to tell the truth). My planet has killed people that tried to bring truth to mankind (Abe Lincoln, JFK, MLK, Jesus Christ). My planet enslaved the first race of humans found on this planet (blacks). My planet burned to death the same people that Jesus associated himself with (Jews). Today, my planet thinks that we are soooooo smart and have come along way from those troubled times in the past (while ignoring September 11, 2001 and the current war that it caused). With this said, why on Earth should I believe the present mainstream ideology of my planet when my planet has a history of being dead wrong? Like I said, we are stupid. Stupid liars that will kill just to keep our lies going. That's what we are. That's who we are.

Now back to aliens

Being that we don't like the truth, its no wonder why the topic of extraterrestrials visiting Earth is a laughable offense. We can't even get along with the different races on Earth. Therefore, ET visiting would cause global panic (simply because ET is a race of people we couldn't bomb away). Speaking of bombs, ET has made it clear that Nukes are not a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtmpaM0PqyI

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 10-26-2010 at 12:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal