Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 11:35 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,347,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppy187 View Post
If aliens did come and openly reveal themselves to us one day, what would that do to the nations of the world? Not to mention political parties, religion, ethnicities. Would it cause us as human beings to put aside our religous, political, and ethnic differences?
Reagan asked the same question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK-XATA-5gs

For those of you that are wondering, YES Reagan knew the truth. However, when he first asked about ETs, the director of the CIA (George Bush Sr.) told Reagan "You don't have a need to know". This allegedly took place before Reagan ever became president.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 11-10-2010 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 12:29 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Reagan asked the same question.

For those of you that are wondering, YES Reagan knew the truth. However, when he first asked about ETs, the director of the CIA (George Bush Sr.) told Reagan "You don't have a need to know". This allegedly took place before Reagan ever became president.
Good grief, he is not saying that there are aliens... How on earth did you come to that conclusion? He is making an analogy....You know "What if".

Old 11-10-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good grief, he is not saying that there are aliens... How on earth did you come to that conclusion? He is making an analogy....You know "What if".
Obviously, you haven't researched much about Reagan and Ufos. You should... If you did, you will know EXACTLY why he decided to make a "what if" statement about alien visitors. He was simply "throwing it out there" because he knew. However, he hid it in a safe "what if" statement.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:39 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Yes, if you are thinking of going for President, you dont want to be branded a crackpot before you have even started your campaign, so it helps to word it in such a way.

There are so many people out there now who are NOT crack-pots and weirdos and who also believe that there is something more to this whole subject of aliens which needs to be investigated.

However, the anti-aliens camp are so quick to call us all crackpots and to try to bring our credibility and standing into question, although they themselves are not medically qualified to judge this. This is the way the disinfo machine works I guess.

Perhaps Havard doctors should study the people who do not want to move forward on the subject and this would provide another aspect which could usefully be studied. There are a few on here that maybe good first subjects!

There will always be some people who do not want to move forward to consider the possibility that aliens are already here. There are a few who have come half-way, who admit that there MIGHT be aliens in the universe etc, but even they do not like the idea that aliens are actually around us and have been around us for ages.

I reckon it is due to fear of radical change and of the unknown and it seems to me particularly ex-servicemen who are affected. Perhaps because of the training and progamming necessary to do a good job in the services.

Looking back, it is obvious in some of the posts in this thread that we have people who are trying to seriously discredit both the idea and the people putting it forward, when in reality, they have no knowledge of our real-life status and qualifications, but they do it anyway just because THEY dont believe it.

The ones who are truly interested in finding out the truth either have stopped posting because they are bored with the subject, or have raised relevant points for discussion - which is after all, why we are here.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:27 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,040 times
Quote:
"Science" officially says that Earth has never been visited. If you believe this, there is NOTHING I can say to change your mind.
You could provide evidence that you know more than them.

Quote:
I challenge any of you guys that are skeptical to read up on people like John E. Mack and Dr. Roger Leir.
I can't find any peer-reviewed science from either of these people on the subject of UFO abduction. Care to point us to it?

Just because a podiatrist writes about alien abductions as a hobby doesn't make those writings science.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
However, the anti-aliens camp are so quick to call us all crackpots and to try to bring our credibility and standing into question, although they themselves are not medically qualified to judge this. This is the way the disinfo machine works I guess.
You can't even get through a denial that you're into crazy conspiracy theories without bringing up another crazy conspiracy theory. It's like the more you write the more you demonstrate how far out there you really are.

All this post has is attacks against people who don't automatically accept what you say at face value. Ignore the fact that you can't provide a single shred of credible evidence - it's everyone else's fault that they don't bow down and believe you on faith.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
You could provide evidence that you know more than them.

I can't find any peer-reviewed science from either of these people on the subject of UFO abduction. Care to point us to it?

Just because a podiatrist writes about alien abductions as a hobby doesn't make those writings science.
I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you are one of those people that blindly believe in the views and opinions of mainstream science, you will not believe that aliens have visited. Those that are researching this topic admits that mainstream science is not willing to "go there" just yet.

The real question we all should be asking is "why won't mainstream science go where the evidence and witnesses are pointing them?". IMO, mainstream science has everything to lose and NOTHING to gain by admitting that we have visitors that are smarter than our own scientists. Let's face it. Who would want to listen to our own scientists if we had much smarter visitors here out in the open? Mainstream science's denial of all ET evidence is just simple job security IMO.

The religious leaders' denial of this fact has to do with their delusional belief in a God. The only ones that seem to be "coming out" about this are our military officials, astronauts, and government leaders. IMO, THAT's plenty enough for me. I don't need to have mainstream science's blessings on this one. FWIW, I do believe that mainstream science will be the last in society to accept this reality. To some extent, even the theists are starting to come around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csx41caVoMI

Old 11-12-2010, 06:04 AM

Quote:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. If you are one of those people that blindly believe in the views and opinions of mainstream science, you will not believe that aliens have visited. Those that are researching this topic admits that mainstream science is not willing to "go there" just yet.
Science also ignores astrology, phrenology, healing with crystals, creationism, and so on. You know, stuff that requires faith to believe in because there's no evidence.

Quote:
The real question we all should be asking is "why won't mainstream science go where the evidence and witnesses are pointing them?".
Who says they're not?

Any chance you're going to answer my request for some actual science from your so called scientists? Distractions like this are a pretty weak attempt to try and change the subject.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Any chance you're going to answer my request for some actual science from your so called scientists?
Lights forming some crop circles is an actual scientific fact that has been accepted by the mainstream. Fast forward to the 4 min 45 second mark of this video for a scientific explanation for crop circles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa46GC8q7m8

Quote:
Dr. Haselhoff provides an overview of his peer reviewed scientific paper that was published in an early 2001 Physiologia Plantarum issue. It's important to note his paper was based upon data from the former 99' B.L.T. report, which analyzed the data from a Crop Circle where witness's saw B.O.L. activity during its formation. This is why the title imply's that Crop Circles are made by B.O.L.s, as this particular work ties into that case.

It's important to point out this is may not be true in all cases, as eyewitnesses have described other phenomena as well during a Circle's creation. B.O.L.s have been witnessed and recorded to frequent around Crop Circles for sometime after as well. It's inconclusive as to what the connection might be related to R1, however Haselhoff's report is significant for us as it scientifically documents the reality of a B.O.L. connection.
Dr.Haselhoff's Scientific Rep. (http://psiapplications.com/Treepad/documents/70.html - broken link)

As with anyone that tries to push ET evidence into the mainstream, there's TONS of skeptics and debunkers at work against this man's work. However, his explanation (to my knowledge) is still a scientifc fact until proven otherwise. His "ball of light theory" doesn't say anything about ETs visiting (that's the main reason why science has accepted it). Like I said before, visiting aliens are dirty words in mainstream science. This is a fact that I (and others) can admit to. I have tons of respect for science. However, mainstream science has its own agenda when it comes to the ET presence here on Earth.

To illustrate what I am talking about, take a good look at Bill Nye's attitude when talking with Dr. Edgar Mitchell. IMO, Bill Nye's motives were both desperate and obvious (Edgar Mitchell had every right to tell him to shut-up). Personally, I lost ALL respect for Bill Nye (and scientists like him) after seeing this video. Like I said before, mainstream science will be the last in society to accept ETs being here. Therefore, if you are an agnostic that worships mainstream science's every word, you will be the last to accept this reality too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOUdCM-rYxM

Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
In regards to Haselhoff's peer reviewed article please read this. http://www.scientificexploration.org...9_2_grassi.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal