Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 12:25 AM

1,289 posts, read 722,499 times

Advertisements

It's 11:22 pm. Everyone in bed except my 3 year old. She wrapped up in a blanket 10 feet away as I work on the computer before going to bed. She suddenly says "Daddy, there a scary baby by the light...." I ask her where. She says "behind you." I, trying to make her just say something off-beat so I can dismiss the whole creepy conversation, say "OK, come get the scary baby then....." to which she replies "no!". Why? She said "Cus baby monster."

Honestly, I'm a lil freaked out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 09:48 AM

3,671 posts, read 3,552,551 times
Default It's Halloween time!

With Halloween right around the corner, it would be nice to hear more spooky stories on this thread.
Sadly, I have only a lucid dream story, and it's not that spooky, so would rather hear others' stories.

Thanks to everyone that commented on this thread, been a nice read.

Old 10-19-2019, 04:29 AM

7 posts, read 2,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50states View Post
About 12 or 13 years ago I lived in a brownstone in downtown Boston. There were five people living in the building, all elderly except me. Two of the older men were friends with one living on the second floor, one living on the third directly above him. We were all friendly but these two were close.

The one on the third floor was a bit older than his friend on the second floor. He'd pound his cane on his floor, his friends ceiling, when he needed something.

The man on the third floor died of prostate cancer and it was pretty horrible. I was not there the night they took him away but his friend told me he was begging the EMTs not to bring him to the Veteran's Hospital. Sure enough, the man ended up at the Veteran's Hospital and died either that night or the next day.

A few days or maybe a week later I was visiting the man on the second floor and he is taking about his friend and some odd goings on since he died. He was taking it in stride. While talking there is a thumping on the ceiling, his friends floor.

The man said " now thats been going on awhile " and I figured it was pipes or something. But I am standing in his small one bedroom apartment facing the sink. The man is just off to my left. The left hand side faucet handle turns on at normal speed and water starts coming out as you would normally expect.

I'm standing there with my mouth wide open facing the sink and say something like " Jim..the water just turned - " and he interrupts and says " oh, that again. That's been happening too " and quickly walks over to the faucet and turns it off.

Now this is a bright sunny day with plenty of sunlight coming in. We are not drunk. What happened did so about 15 feet in front of me. I saw it happen.

Jim really didn't want to talk about any of it then or later. Tried laughing it off but I knew full well he was not enjoying this.
No idea what else happened up in the room as Jim just stayed quite about it.

----------

This experience alone has caused me to carefully listen to anyone with similar stories. I don't like to say it but I would normally would have dismissed such things many years ago. But being faced with something so radically different than what is considered normal, daily experiences changed that.
I lived in Back Bay nearly 20 years ago in a quiet brownstone building with few neighbors, and had experiences living there that also caused a huge change in the way I looked at things.

At the time, I was recently out of college. I was focused on my job, socializing with friends, meeting women and things of that nature. I was not religious, superstitious, nor did I ever give any thought to the paranormal/supernatural/whatever.

Since this is a thread on stories, I will share one from my time living there. I had been in my place in Back Bay for a little over a year when things started to happen there. The sudden onset of activities that could not be explained (which I have mentioned in another thread) scared the stuffing out of me. After thinking of possible explanations for what had happened (and no reasonable reasons forthcoming) I did what every reasonable person would do - I called my parents

In all seriousness, I called my folks because I was concerned that I was having a mental breakdown, and that I had imagined all of the things that occurred when activities started in my then-home. I described what happened to my mother. After hearing me out, she said “I think your place is haunted!” And she sounded sort of excited about it. Not thinking that she took me seriously, I asked her to put my father on the phone. My father is a very serious guy. What you see is what you get with him. I explained to him that I was worried about my mental health, and he was immediately concerned. After a short conversation, my parents, who then lived a few hours away, decided to come stay with me that coming weekend to see if they could experience anything out of the ordinary. My mother was excited about seeing a ghost! My father, who was not open minded to those types of things, thought he was going to be bringing me to get mental help.

That Friday after work, my parents arrived, and brought along the little dog that I had grown up with. We had dinner, chatted for a while and as time passed, the mood in my place started to change . It was a mixture of the feeling of being watched with the feeling that there are other people near you. My parents stayed on an air mattress next to my day bed. We shut the lights off around 11:30 pm. Five minutes later, the television turned on by itself (clicker was sitting on top of the cable box) and slowly started changing channels by itself. My mother looked like a kid in a candy store when that happened! My father’s face turned gray when this occurred. He could not believe it at all.

Not long after (since the TV acting on its own got the adrenaline flowing in all of us ) my bed started shaking vigorously. I was sitting on it with my legs hanging down, and I was moved when the bed shook. My parents both witnessed this, and were equally surprised. There was nothing else in the room shaking, the bed was not against the wall. The bed would shake for a few seconds at a time, usually multiple times in a row. My parents got up and inspected the bed. My mother noticed that one spot of the mattress was very hot. It was on a part of the bed that I did not touch, nor was it near the cast iron radiator. Further, the furnace was not on since it was still fall, and the weather was still reasonably warm outside.

As we were noticing this hot spot on the bed, my parents’ dog got up and walked into the kitchen. This dog was very old and was suffering from health issues that left him perfectly happy to stay in one place and rest. We followed him in, and were shocked to see the dog looking up at nothing in particular, while he sat, lay down and rolled over on his back - several times in a row (he had been trained as a pup) Nobody was giving the dog commands, and it had been a while since we had told the dog to do any of those things given his condition. We scooped up the dog, brought him back to my room, and didn’t get a wink of sleep that night.

The next day, we slept since we got no rest, and similar things happened the following night. Notably, my parents and I distinctively heard my name being called out in an other-worldly sing-songy voice. And at one point, my room got ice cold (no air conditioning on, it was still warm outside) and a feeling of energy passed over the three of us. Every bit of hair stood up on all of us, and the air felt charged. It wasn’t a positive, or a negative feeling - this was just unknown to us. On Sunday, my parents assured me that I was not imagining things (my father was turned into a believer by this experience), and that I should look into ways of making these troubles go away.

This was not the end of my trouble there, basically the end of the beginning I had issues in that place for the next year before I was able to get out of there without losing my shirt. I slept at friends homes as much as I could, or went to sleep after work and stayed up in the middle of the night when things were most active, and then got a couple of hours rest before getting off to work. Holy Water, burning sage, and things of that nature would stop the activity temporarily, but as time went on, the activity would slowly ramp back up.

Since this is kind of long -winded, here are a couple of other things id like to note from my experiences living in that place:

- While I was touched, grabbed, shaken, spoken to directly and scared, I never saw what most people would consider to be a “ghost” There were lots of moving shadows in places where there was nothing to create a shadow, and on one occasion when a friend stayed with me so he could experience what I was living with, we saw what appeared to be a fog with a bunch of quickly flashing colors (sort of like a “light bright” toy from back in the day) in the corner of my bedroom up by the ceiling.

- I reached out to two different psychics about 8 months after this started. The first was a local one who had a decent reputation. I explained what was going on and she said there were three spirits in my home. Two were spirits of men who died in the 1920s, who had a connection to the building my place was in. The third spirit she could not identify, but stated was evil/demonic. I reached out to the second psychic, and contacted her via email. She was not local, nor was she known to the first one I talked to. I did not tell the second psychic what the first one said, but explained the activities that were taking place in my home. To my surprise, she also said that there were three spirits in my place - two of men who had passed in the 1940s, and a third evil/demonic entity.

- This activity started very abruptly a little over a year after I had moved into that place. What was different that brought all of this on? I will never know for sure, but many years later when I was long out of that spot, I was reading some things online about people who had activity occur in their homes, and I came across several accounts of people who had things start acting up after using an electronic air purifier (ionizer) A couple of months before things happened, I got an ionizing air purifier since my place was old and a little musty. The purifier worked very well, and made my home smell sort of like a swimming pool, which was a step up from what it was like before. Did the air purifier tear a hole into another dimension? I don’t know, but it was some coincidence reading about people who had no issues before using an ionizing/ozone air purifier.

- After moving out, I did not talk about my experiences for years. My time in that home scared me to death, and took a lot of my energy as well. I just wanted to move on with life. Like the poster I quoted above, that experience changed me totally, and I am interested to hear out people who have had the unexplainable happen to them. To the doubters, I can never prove to you what I went through and experienced. It is the sort of thing you have to experience yourself to believe.

Old 10-19-2019, 03:15 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Default Sz1

Sza1, thank you for sharing. I read your entire post...very interesting. I can believe it and all that paranormal stuff gives me the creeps. If I ever encountered anything paranormal, I'd be so extremely terrified, I wouldn't know what to do. I've never heard/read of an air purifier causing anything paranormal to start...IF a dwelling has spirits in it already, I assume. Who woould have ever thought that? I wonder why an air purifier out of ALL electronic items?

I've used an air purifier in my current apt & nothing's ever happened, so I guess my place isn't haunted, thank God. I've been here 7 yrs now.

Also, I've learned that if you started any kind of remodeling or even minor renovation that spirits don't like that kind of thing since they still think it's their house.

Also, did you buy antiques or any other used item and brought one into the house or anything else like that? Something could be connected to something you brought into the house. I've watched enough paranormal shows to know.

It sounds like you didn't know the house's history at all before you moved in?

Old 10-19-2019, 03:36 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
My wife and I went back to a camp that we belong to so that we could fish. After fishing we stopped at the old farmhouse cabin to use the facilities. My wife went first and I was waiting outside when I heard her let out a terrible scream; so I went charging in to see what terrible thing happened.

After she had finished her business and started to get up she noticed something black move under the toilet seat. She lifted the lid and two bats fell into the hopper while it was flushing. I don't know why she was screaming; it was the bats that should have been screaming!

Not long after that little episode I went in when it was dark to turn on the lights and pulled the old light cord (if anybody remembers the lights with a cord or a small chain). When I did so I felt something move under my fingers. The lights came on and I saw that I had a bat by the feet that had been hanging from the end of the cord!

Old 10-19-2019, 11:10 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Sza1, thank you for sharing. I read your entire post...very interesting. I can believe it and all that paranormal stuff gives me the creeps. If I ever encountered anything paranormal, I'd be so extremely terrified, I wouldn't know what to do. I've never heard/read of an air purifier causing anything paranormal to start...IF a dwelling has spirits in it already, I assume. Who woould have ever thought that? I wonder why an air purifier out of ALL electronic items?

I've used an air purifier in my current apt & nothing's ever happened, so I guess my place isn't haunted, thank God. I've been here 7 yrs now.

Also, I've learned that if you started any kind of remodeling or even minor renovation that spirits don't like that kind of thing since they still think it's their house.

Also, did you buy antiques or any other used item and brought one into the house or anything else like that? Something could be connected to something you brought into the house. I've watched enough paranormal shows to know.

It sounds like you didn't know the house's history at all before you moved in?
From my experience, when something paranormal has happened (or is happening), the person 'feels' it in a specific way.

Kind of like the air purifier, normally, something like that would cause suspicions of the paranormal or 'strange feelings' that something may not be quite right.

I had a few times when my bedroom door opened on its own, (had this happened due to some natural explanation, It wouldnt cause the feelings of fright that I experienced, When I first saw that door open, I got an extremely creepy feeling all the sudden ( I think the fact that this was my first reaction, probably meant something).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal