Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chemtrails...reality or BS?
Reality 27 26.73%
Total BS 56 55.45%
Unsure... 18 17.82%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It's not necessarily chem trai related, but I would liek to know what really killed those blackbirds and fish down south. Fireworks? No, not likely. Its like the birds flew into an area of turbulence or force( sonic?) that knocked them out of the sky. And the fish, somehting killed them too.
I'd say the most likely cause was a mass poisoning. I've seen tens of thousands of blackbirds descend onto a feld to eat. A pesticide or fertilizer could have killed them but they were said to have suffered trauma. Strange.
as to the fish

its the fish kill that happens often when a type of fish overpopulates itself, and then the ensuing starvation and infections sets in

Old 01-05-2011, 07:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
So this entire debate is about the semantics of Contrails verses Chemtrails. I will attempt a working definition:

Contrail - a line of water ice crystals created by condensing and freezing the water vapor emitted from aircraft engines at high altitudes. Engine emissions include Nitrogen compounds, Carbon Dioxide and Carbon Monoxide. Contrails were first noted when aircraft became able to fly in the lower stratosphere above 20,000 ft altitude.

Chemtrails - A line of clouds created by the deliberate dispensing of undefined chemicals from aircraft at high altitudes designed to have some effect on the ground level environment.

The streaks across the sky are far more likely to be caused by the former than the latter. The environmental effects are limited to a slight increase in the reflectivity of the atmosphere.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:23 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
You denounce anyone who believes chemtrails are real...how is that any different than what you're accusing me of here? If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.
They're quite different, and it's disturbing that you can't see the difference.

You say that I'm "blindly accepting" whatever the government is telling me, or something like that. The obvious meaning of "blind acceptance" is that I don't question; I don't research; I simply take what is told to me at face value, and accept it on pure faith.

The chemtrail nutters don't do that. Well, some do, but their sources are about as qualified as my cat when it comes to anything related to science, and it shows. Most dig around and do at least some research, albeit with a closed mind. They find lots of like-minded people who validate their assumptions, and they consider it "case closed," despite their complete disregard for anything that even remotely resembles the scientific process. Unless, of course, they can somehow use that piece of information to their advantage.

Pot calling the kettle black? Nah. You're just confused.

Quote:
You said very early on in this thread that you did a "couple of days" worth of research a long time ago...this doesn't make you an expert on the subject.
For what - the third or fourth time now? It was about 20 hours or so, which is three solid days, and that was when I first heard of the theory. That's how long it took me to determine that there was nothing but wackiness behind it. Since then, I've looked at all kinds of information - mostly posted online by people like you, which generally means that it's what they think is among the most damning evidence. Sadly, none of it is... Most of it is either someone not understanding what they're seeing (which is really the reason the theory exists in the first place), or deliberate lying, often in pursuit of "donations" or a book/video sale.

I never claimed to be an expert, although I believe I'm better educated on the subject than most of the people supporting the "chemtrail" theory. I believe that the main difference between the theorists and myself is that I approached the idea with an open mind (and if anything, I was leaning toward the conspiracy being true - what can I say? I was much younger and more gullible), while the theorists began their quest with a predetermined conclusion, and looked only for evidence that supported it. Anything that doesn't gets discarded, and the usual reason is "oh, they're in on the conspiracy." And these are people I'm supposed to take seriously? Sorry, Charlie.

Quote:
I can see with the eyes in my head that what's going on is not normal "contrail activity", and it amazes me that anyone could look at these things and not see that too.
You see? You're doing EXACTLY what I said you people do. You start with a predetermined conclusion, and mountains of evidence to the contrary mean nothing, because you've already made up your mind. That's not science. That's blind faith at best, and at worst, it's a manifestation of some sort of psychological defect.

Quote:
Okay...it just seems odd to me that an entire section, which was obviously of significant enough importance to the sponsor who wrote it to include it, was retracted without any further explanation. Very odd.
NO, IT'S NOT!

Quote:
You are right in the assumption that I don't know much about the bill process, though, so I'm not going to keep harping on it...don't know enough about it to argue it, and I can admit that freely.
Sure, after you get hammered about it and it becomes painfully obvious. Where was that admission in any of your posts where you mentioned it before now? You submitted something and argued pretty hard that it was some sort of proof, yet you don't even understand the evidence you presented!

Quote:
I am not some "nutto conspiracy theorist" ... I am JUST as concerned about ... fluoride, chlorine
Not a "nutto conspiracy theorist." Ok, got it.

BTW, I watched that interview last night. I remain unconvinced. She suggested a lot of correlations, but didn't prove causation. I actually expected more... Most of what she said follows along with what the what the theorists have said in forums like this, so there wasn't much new (to me) information. At least she's done a good amount of original research, which is more than I can say for most chemtrail theory proponents... She also spent a good amount of time on the idea that reduction in sunlight due to persistent contrails can have unintended consequences, which I don't disagree with. That's a long way from saying that it's A) intentional, and B) some sort of plan to intentionally poison us all, though.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:19 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
They're not.

They do.
Did you miss the last line where I gave a reason "WHY" contrails could and do turn into clouds? Cold moisture saturated air? I guess my sarcasm was unclear.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:25 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
OK, let me pose this question then. We all know that contrails can and do turn into clouds, this is proven science.

With that in mind, don't you think the government would be smart enough (bare with me I know that smart and government don't mix) to make whatever they were chemtrailing invisible? I'd think the very first thing out of the man in black's mouth would be "make sure nobody can see or smell it"... NOW if they are doing this to slow down global warming then they are doing a killer job, because it's frikkin cold out there! Keep it up so we can start burning more coal and drilling for domestic oil.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Kennedy assassination and 9/11 conspiracy theorists are mere pikers compared to “chemtrail” buffs. You will rarely find a more virulently self-deluded group, anywhere.
Can't say I disagree.

CSI | The "Chemtrail Conspiracy"

Old 01-06-2011, 07:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Can't say I disagree.

CSI | The "Chemtrail Conspiracy"

So, you figured out the REAL conspiracy - that the Government sprayed aluminum and barium just to make conspiracy theorists THINK that the Government sprayed barium and aluminum!

You're a sharp cookie!

You got a mind like a steel trap - full of mice.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:36 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,058 times
Sadly, this thread has been used as a playground for certain people to get their kicks by mocking those of us who believe we have a legitimate concern. Those in disagreement with me who posted a few times and refrained from calling me and others on my side of the argument "nutters", I do thank you for your contribution to this thread and for being respectful and intelligent enough to debate without the mockery and name-calling. Whether we agree or disagree on this point, I appreciate and respect your input.

It is evident to me that the poster who has continually attacked, mocked, and aggravated me and others throughout this thread has a vested interest in trying to de-bunk the chemtrail theory because he's getting paid to do so...there is no other explanation for his long-winded, tiresome, and redundant posts or the obsessive interest he seems to have in something he does not even believe exists.

Whether you believe in chemtrails or not, all I hope is that you are aware of the dangerous levels of aluminum, barium, and strontium in our air, water, and soil, and that you do something to protect yourself and your families from toxicity...you don't have to believe in chemtrails to be concerned, and it doesn't make you a "conspiracy theorist (or a "nutter" ) to take some precautionary measures in order to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy. Here are a few links where you will find inexpensive, natural ways to help cleanse heavy metals out of your body.

How to Detox Aluminum From the Body | eHow.com
Foods To Cleanse Of Heavy Metals | LIVESTRONG.COM
Cleansing Diet: Heavy Metal Cleanse

Namaste

Old 01-07-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
It is evident to me that the poster who has continually attacked, mocked, and aggravated me and others throughout this thread
I have not "attacked" you. (Don't even pretend that you're not talking about me, btw. We all know that you are). Mocked? Sure, maybe a little. Aggravated you? Well, how you receive my responses and what you do with that information on an emotional level is entirely up to you, and not something I have any control over. Maybe you're feeling aggravated because deep down, you know you're wrong about this, and you can't bring yourself to admit it. Whatever the cause, that one's all on you.

Quote:
...has a vested interest in trying to de-bunk the chemtrail theory because he's getting paid to do so...there is no other explanation for his long-winded, tiresome, and redundant posts or the obsessive interest he seems to have in something he does not even believe exists.
WHERE'S MY CHECK?!!!??!

Man, I've been getting PAID to do this? "They" (whoever that is) must owe me a lot of money by now!

Folks, we have here the logical conclusion that must be reached by a paranoid mind when confronted by someone that will not conform to their beliefs nor ignore their delusions. Because I argue my position as passionately as she does, and I disagree with her about the existence of the conspiracy, the delusion won't allow for any option other than "I'm in on it."

Frankly, hon, that's pretty scary. I would hope that if you honestly believe what you wrote, you'll seek some form of help, because believing that indicates (to me, anyway) a serious break from reality and a genuinely paranoid mind.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times
Quote:
It is evident to me that the poster who has continually attacked, mocked, and aggravated me and others throughout this thread has a vested interest in trying to de-bunk the chemtrail theory because he's getting paid to do so...there is no other explanation for his long-winded, tiresome, and redundant posts or the obsessive interest he seems to have in something he does not even believe exists.

the typical paraniod answer..'if you disagree with my off the wall post, you must be a paid government shill'

lol

Quote:

Whether you believe in chemtrails or not, all I hope is that you are aware of the dangerous levels of aluminum, barium, and strontium in our air, water, and soil, and that you do something to protect yourself and your families from toxicity...you don't have to believe in chemtrails to be concerned, and it doesn't make you a "conspiracy theorist (or a "nutter" ) to take some precautionary measures in order to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy. Here are a few links where you will find inexpensive, natural ways to help cleanse heavy metals out of your body.

and the elements in the air have nothing to due with 'chemtrails'

have you ever heard of the industrail revolution..or even vehicles..they ALL produce exaust

a little factoid for you...prior to the industrail revolution (coal age) .. SILVER didnt TARNISH...yep that's right..silver (like your silver teapot) didnt tarnish...once the industrail age set in and coal burning became the norm, sulphur dioxide is in the air, andnow silver tarnishes

sorry but it is not some 'government' conspiracy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.