U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:51 AM

32,091 posts, read 33,713,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
I think it all depends on which horror movies or books they are into. A lot of times the possessed have pure black eyes. For some reason that looks more evil to me than the red.
You mean like my daughters get up for zombie tag?

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Who said anything about "God?" Obviously, you know nothing about even the basics of quantum physics . . . all is not as it appears. Do you think quantum physics is bunk?

Life is so perfectly complex - synchronistic . . .the "design" of the world and everything in it is AMAZING.

We humans can only comprehend but a fraction of what is happening in our world . . . there is no way that anyone can say that they KNOW orbs can't be spiritual presences of some kind because you cannot prove a negative (that orbs are not spiritual presences). Can't prove that they aren't . . . lots of people think they are . . .

So the people who think they are specks of dust or whatever . . .good for you, now why don't you go think about something else and let the rest of us who are interested in the spiritual aspects of this subject be able to discuss it without having to defend our beliefs or experiences?

Sorry, but I doubt there are any spiritual aspects to "orbs" since they are so easy to explain.

No flash...No "orbs"

Flash..."orbs" appear.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 AM

7,288 posts, read 11,711,564 times
Uh, that would be wrong. I have pictures I have taken where orbs appeared - taken without flash on a digital camera. No orbs appeared on the pics before or since, but on this one picture, they are right above a person's head . . . I would post it but to me it is a sacred picture and I would not put it up for ridicule.

I have no idea what your picture "proves."

Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 AM

Yes, occasionally my pictures taken with natural light have what you call orbs on them, but it is rare because the light has to be coming from exactly the right direction to reflect off of what ever object, be it dust or an insect to cause the artifact (orb)...Besides that there are other reasons than can ruin a photo...Dust on the lens, or on the sensor of a digital camera......Trust me there is nothing supernatural here.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:39 AM

There are those of us who think that orbs are spiritual images . . . and there are obviously those who think that orbs are simply dust. I wish the dust focused people would find another subject to diss so those of us who are interested in the spiritual aspects of this subject might be able to discuss it without the CONSTANT put-downs and side-tracking.

Yes, we "get" that you think it is nothing but dust. Why is it necessary to keep asserting that opinion over and over again?

Old 01-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
There are those of us who think that orbs are spiritual images . . . and there are obviously those who think that orbs are simply dust. I wish the dust focused people would find another subject to diss so those of us who are interested in the spiritual aspects of this subject might be able to discuss it without the CONSTANT put-downs and side-tracking.

Yes, we "get" that you think it is nothing but dust. Why is it necessary to keep asserting that opinion over and over again?

I guess for the same reason you keep asserting your opinion that it is a spiritual phenomenon over and over again, but at least I have evidence that I have been presenting...What do you have?

You know when an opinion differs from yours...There is no dissing...No put downs.... No sidetracking.....You need a warning sign.

Caution....No dust bunnies allowed in this thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 PM

60 posts, read 87,515 times
I have 2 of these orb photos posted on my album if anyone wants to see them. I did use a digital camera in flash mode when I took the photos. I took multiple photos in the same locations each time but I only got these strange images one time each. I noticed the cat kept looking in the areas where I took the photos. These were taken inside my house. Any photo experts here? I have more photos. I have another photo of what looks like a ghoul/demon or something (at a cemetary that my sister's best friend took). I'm still not sure about posting those ones yet but here's two of them.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:57 PM

It's very interesting to me that orbs have shapes with definition . . . there appears to be symetry (sp.?). I think of dust under a microscope as having ragged edges. Can someone post some slides of dust?

Old 01-28-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
It's very interesting to me that orbs have shapes with definition . . . there appears to be symetry (sp.?). I think of dust under a microscope as having ragged edges. Can someone post some slides of dust?
Dust or even a moth will appear round when the camera is focused on a subject in the distance, and the dust or insect is very close to the lens...I thought I had already explained this.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:40 AM

5,460 posts, read 6,212,404 times
Quote:
I wish the dust focused people would find another subject to diss so those of us who are interested in the spiritual aspects of this subject might be able to discuss it without the CONSTANT put-downs and side-tracking.
I wish the spiritual focused people would find another subject to diss so those of us who are interested in the physical aspects of this subject might be able to discuss it without the CONSTANT put-downs and side-tracking.

Stop trying to play moderator. If people are off-topic, report it. If not, stop complaining that everyone doesn't agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal