Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:00 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times

Advertisements

"Git'er Done" ~ rofl.
I was production supervisor at a company that made wireless communication systems. I worked with a Taurus cusp in materials, a Virgo in technical support and development, and a Virgo in production. We had a hat that said that hanging out in our work area.

My perfectionism and self criticalness comes out in my artwork. And dishes, I have to be the one to wash them because no one can clean them to my standards.
But I would like to point out- Virgos are not all the stereotypical anal sterile environment type folks.
We are clean but can be far from neat. However, in that collection of 'stuff' on the random horizontal surface...
If you ask, 'where is suchnsuch?' we will know exactly where it is.

And true to my Capricorn nature I can be a procrastinator, but far from lazy, I have to be doing something! (like now - posting this a I sit at the DMV)
And while I may put things off, I am grace under pressure and I never forget (ok, hardly ever) to pay a bill even if it is the last day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 07:24 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post

I actually LIKE being alone. I'm alone, but don't find myself lonely. Does that make sense?
[/b]
You have many of the ingredients to be a comfortable loner. I put Aries into the loner category (your moon) as well as Capricorn (your Mars) and Scorpio can do it alone as well. Self-sufficient Virgo, in latin, translates to bachelor, another sure candidate. And Cancer.

Bachelor Virgo, and Scorpio, can get confused if you throw in some I-gotta-be-in-a-relationship-or-I'm-gonna-die, next-door Libra placements.

Your sun is in the 12th house? If so, I'd heed the warnings of that 12th house sun placement. A positive spiritual outlet is absolutely necessary with that house placement.

Many Moon in Aries people I've met can take to Astrology like ducks to water.

Down the road, it wouldn't surprise me to see you in a relationship with an Aries. I've stopped counting how many Aries-Scorpio partnerships I've run into, including myself. Aires must have a challenge built-into their relationships (unless they're being extremely challenged in their jobs) and Scorpio, subconciously, seeks the same. The thought of a smooth-sailing relationship is going to make these two puke their guts out!

What brings these two intense signs together? Shared intensity!

Last edited by tijlover; 02-17-2011 at 07:30 PM.. Reason: Edit/add lines

Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
BTW, speaking of Virgo and Scorpio, y'all may be aware that California is a Virgo state, with a Scorpio moon, Jupiter in Virgo and Neptune in Pisces (Sacramento's a Pisces)!

While Nevada has a Scorpio sun and a Scorpio moon, Jupiter in Sag, plus Neptune in Aries! Oh, and Las Vegas is a Gemini (gee, what a surprise...)!

http://www.aquariuspapers.com/astrol...re_the_mo.html

Old 02-17-2011, 09:35 PM

896 posts, read 1,853,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
But I would like to point out- Virgos are not all the stereotypical anal sterile environment type folks.
We are clean but can be far from neat. However, in that collection of 'stuff' on the random horizontal surface...
If you ask, 'where is suchnsuch?' we will know exactly where it is.

Very true. My fiance is a Sun: Virgo and Rising: Virgo....so basically a straight up Virgo.

She is NOT clean or neat whatsoever. I, the Cancer boyfriend, is the one whos always whining and crying about how everythings messy and filthy. I think a good word for Virgos is organized. Even if things arent physically organized in their lives, most other things are. My fiance is basically perfect at accomplishing tasks because shes such a no-bull**** person. Where as I fiddle and doddle and procrastinate and forget what im doing, all the time. Like at work shes the ones whos always on top of what shes doing, having already done it, and looking over what everyone else is doing, wishing they would do it faster, then being like, "ugh, here give it to me" and doing it for them. And at home, its basically her giving me orders, me saying "what?" even though I heard her the first time, then complying.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
BTW, speaking of Virgo and Scorpio, y'all may be aware that California is a Virgo state, with a Scorpio moon, Jupiter in Virgo and Neptune in Pisces (Sacramento's a Pisces)!

While Nevada has a Scorpio sun and a Scorpio moon, Jupiter in Sag, plus Neptune in Aries! Oh, and Las Vegas is a Gemini (gee, what a surprise...)!
Isn't Jupiter the neon-ringed planet? Sagittarius/Leo factor into the charts of gamblers. It's been said, Las Vegas has the densest, most concentrated Sagittarian types than any city in the world. By no means Sun sign Saj's, Venus/Moon/Mars in Saj will do the trick as well.

I've been here 15 years and any opportunity I get to "crack open a safe"/delineate someone's birth date here, I'm not surprised what I find, continuously. Working in a facility where I have access to birthdates, the curiosity is no longer there anymore.

Being I rent out a room in my house, any potential applicants better not have any Leo or Saj placements sitting there (I know, I know, I'm generalizing but better be safe than sorry) or they're rejected. My current triple Virgo roomer has about as much desire to gamble as going to the North Pole in winter!

The Scorpio side of Nevada shows up in the coldness, unfriendliness of the people here, very, very private. Very difficult to meet people here unless you're part of the gambling circuit or the partying circuit (party-til-you-drop-Aquarians gravitate here).

Las Vegas, beneath the surface, is an extremely conservative, money-hungry city. Yeah! That's Scorpio in a way.

California Virgo? Hmmm.... Give me a decade or two to think about that!

Last edited by tijlover; 02-17-2011 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 02-17-2011, 09:38 PM

896 posts, read 1,853,484 times
Quote:

Aquarius Papers - Global Astrology: What Are The Moon Signs of the States?

And 'MERICA is a CANCER!

How unfortunate. I apologize on behalf of us crabs. I never would wish my personality to be that of the most powerful country in the world.

I apologize for George W. Bush too, (same birthday as me )

Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
And 'MERICA is a CANCER!

How unfortunate. I apologize on behalf of us crabs. I never would wish my personality to be that of the most powerful country in the world.

I apologize for George W. Bush too, (same birthday as me )
If you and GWB even spent 5 minutes together, he'd accuse you of being an alien from the Moon or Pluto. He's a single planet Cancerian. It generally takes some Leo (sign of the President) placements to conquer the White House (Americans crave star-power/Leo). And he's got those Leo placements. On the other hand, you and Scorpionic Laura would get it on famously together.

Cancer rules the home. And what is this country's great American Dream?

It's been said: We give away so much money to other countries, and why do they kick us in the butt for our generosity?

Well, unlike Pisces, Cancer will give it away, but always with strings attached. Pisces will give it away, expecting nothing back in return. And Cancer? Unevolved Cancerians will remind you of some gift you gave them 20 years ago, and they'll never let you forget it! You haven't returned the favor, I'm waiting.....waiting!

Last edited by tijlover; 02-17-2011 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-18-2011, 04:33 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Isn't Jupiter the neon-ringed planet? Sagittarius/Leo factor into the charts of gamblers. It's been said, Las Vegas has the densest, most concentrated Sagittarian types than any city in the world. By no means Sun sign Saj's, Venus/Moon/Mars in Saj will do the trick as well.

I've been here 15 years and any opportunity I get to "crack open a safe"/delineate someone's birth date here, I'm not surprised what I find, continuously. Working in a facility where I have access to birthdates, the curiosity is no longer there anymore.

Being I rent out a room in my house, any potential applicants better not have any Leo or Saj placements sitting there (I know, I know, I'm generalizing but better be safe than sorry) or they're rejected. My current triple Virgo roomer has about as much desire to gamble as going to the North Pole in winter!

The Scorpio side of Nevada shows up in the coldness, unfriendliness of the people here, very, very private. Very difficult to meet people here unless you're part of the gambling circuit or the partying circuit (party-til-you-drop-Aquarians gravitate here).

Las Vegas, beneath the surface, is an extremely conservative, money-hungry city. Yeah! That's Scorpio in a way.

California Virgo? Hmmm.... Give me a decade or two to think about that!
Oh, of course re: Sag/Leo and gambling! And then there's the traditional connection between Scorpio and other peoples money/resources. Plus NV has all those classic Scorpionic thangs like legalized (Sag/Leo) brothels, nuclear power (testing and storage), super secret Area 51, plus its ultra-mysterioso kin, UFO's!

Although as a landlord myself, all those "picky" Virgo instincts are also some of the first ones I watch for when interviewing a prospective tenant. Especially as I get the sense that Virgo has a tendency sometimes to use all that discrimination and criticalness as a tool for "projection", of what are simply their own feelings and biases (which is fine, until they become "unhappy" for some reason). And BTW, I also see a lot of that in California, or more accurately the strong Virgo/Pisces polarity.

On the one hand it's expressed via things like the fascination with New Age stuff and "unconventional" spirituality, "Mega-Churches", having among the highest per-capita (and most generous) welfare rates in the country, and all these chronic economic cycles of "fast or famine", usually due to "self-undoing". While on the other hand, CA environmental standards usually lead the country, also with an obsession over "details" at the bureacratic level that's amazing (giving the impression of a state that's "hostile to business", etc.). And just note in the Cali forums here how often folks will correct someone just for saying details like "Cali", etc. ("oh, that's a city in Columbia, blah-blah"), or point out, "but it's the Sierra Nevada, man... not Sierra Nevadas!" In fact there are whole California threads just devoted to arguing about details like that!

Incidentally, Virgo is also the quintessential sign of the "harvest" (agriculture!), but another word for that is also "opportunity" (or "opportunism" as the case may be). As someone once pointed out, what Californians have in common is a shared belief in the "perfectibility of life"!

Last edited by mateo45; 02-18-2011 at 04:59 AM..

Old 02-18-2011, 09:42 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,403,510 times
Quote:
FYI, here are a few suggestions, Nan....

"ALAN OKEN'S COMPLETE ASTROLOGY" is a great classic that explains all the basics, and also nicely gets into some of the ancient symbolism as well.

And in most every astrologer's basic library, you'll likely find the comprehensive and well-illustrated "LLEWELLYN'S COMPLETE BOOK OF ASTROLOGY: The easy way to learn astrology" - by Kris Brandt Riske.

Depending on what part of astrology you finally end up gravitating towards, there are also so many other good ones, by folks like Robert Hand, Steven Forrest, Stephen Arroyo, Donna Cunningham and others. One of my own favs is, "Relating : An Astrological Guide to Living With Others on a Small Planet" - by Liz Greene.

BTW, be sure to check into any "New Age" or "Astrology" bookstores in your area to see about local classes or short workshops that may also be available. They're always informative and fun, and of course you get to meet lots of folks with similar interests!
Thank you. I've already gone on Ebay & half.com to look for them. I'd rather buy them to have a reference in my quest, then going to renew them at the library all the time.
But, I'm at work, so will have to persue other avenues @ home. Like the classes, ect.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:

Incidentally, Virgo is also the quintessential sign of the "harvest" (agriculture!), but another word for that is also "opportunity" (or "opportunism" as the case may be). As someone once pointed out, what Californians have in common is a shared belief in the "perfectibility of life"!
Alright! You've converted me to Virgo ruling CA!

The agriculture, particularly the perfectibility of life. Virgo rules health.
Ever listened to a strong Virgo once they get to a podium and lecture you on health? You'll wish you had brought your back brace along, as they won't shut up until they've given you all the pro's and con's of every vitamin and herbal tea available to mankind. And didn't the No-smoking movement originate in CA? There's the Virgo/Pisces axis: Pisces rules tobacco.
When it comes to health issues, they can be Stalinesque dictators!

Doesn't Virgo also rule computers? I seem to always detect a computer chip embedded in most android-flavored Virgos? Silicon Valley?

Virgo is famous for looking at a leaf, and blind to the trees. And the forests! They make superlative detectives, and a computer is a detective, in many ways. Post the wrong message, and the FBI & CIA will be alerted!

CA is struggling to legalize marijuana (Pisces), with Virgo (with an encyclopedic knowledge of plants and herbs) sitting on the fence. Now this is a toughy for Virgo! Get Virgo stoned on pot, or imbibe too much alcohol, and there they go, sliding nilly-willy to the land of Pisces/Neptune!

Virgo, lest we forget, is also the sign of the great harlot. Virgo factors into some of the most professional prostitutes in the world. The sexual technicians of the zodiac. But for this, look to Mars or Venus in Virgo. I have both Mars/Saturn in Virgo, worked as a male prostitute for years. Sheesh! Why let that superlative talent go to waste!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal