Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 04:08 AM

896 posts, read 1,852,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Beings that your Sun and rising go so well together it's not so black and white to see the internal vs. the external. I cannot use myself to demonstrate that better either since my Sun is Capricorn and my rising is Virgo...in fact I have so much Capricorn and Virgo that every bit of my chart has a dusting of dirt upon it.

I guess you could say youre, down to earth?

Its weird. I get super riled up and I react to things going on in the world rather emotionally (as opposed to logically or practically) but short of writing about it online or in the newspaper or something, I become terrified of tackling issues. That has to be the Cancer in me. For as much as passion as I might have for a certain issue, I think im terrified of what people will think of me, and im afraid of being criticised for my beliefs. Its like deep inside I have unconventional ideas and beliefs but the surface level me is too conservative and self conscious to share them with the world. It sucks.

When it comes to caring for the people in my life, im kind lacking. I think I tend to be selfish and its definitely a bad thing I wish I could grow past. I tend to think that im still a kid myself, and that I feel like I have to finish raising myself, let alone have the time/patience/energy to devote to taking care of someone else. This presents itself as a problem in my relationship often. Im not always quite as "all about my family and loved ones" as I suspect a Cancer should be. I mean I love them dearly, but often im fixed on my concerns first and foremost. Its in this scenario that I kind of can potentially see Aquarius in me. My fiance will be trying to talk to me about something serious like us not spending enough time together or something and all I have racing through my mind is something in the news. Its not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 01:27 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
"Down to Earth" you are not the first one to use that phrase in reference to me, many others, even those who know absolutly nothing about astrology.

When talking about fears and feelings, look to the Moon's placement, that is our inner child in ways. Also any hard aspects can weaken to outgoing and assertive traits of any other placement.
While most people have Mercury in the same sign as thier Sun, adding more of the signs energy to the whole, Mercury can sometimes be in the sign before or after the Sun sign.
I wonder if you have Mercury in Gemini or if your Moon has a hard aspect to Mercury which creates some difficulty is expressing your feelings and thoughts (about certain things).
What House everything is in (or not) also plays into the dynamics.

Funny your say what you do about yourself in the first paragraph, I was thinking and not sure if I mentioned it (think it was an afterthought) that there will be times when you feel good about your 'work' outside the home, know that it is good to help others, but some days you wake up and just want to stay in the comfort and safety of your home. Be ever so slightly agoraphobic.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:41 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Therein lies the problem! I think astrology is good, mostly harmless fun, but it can be taken too far.
You highlighted the words 'astronomical' and 'astrological' as if they cannot overlap. However, they are both the same thing, insofar as astrology implies a relationship between terrestrial organisms and astronomical events. If astronomical effects contribute to an organism's benefit, that IS Astrology. Such effect are the only claims that Astrologers have ever made. Gauquelin has made a persuasive, if not convincing, argument that Astronomy has crossed the line into Astrology by influencing natural selection. If such a link can be shown through scientific methodology, Astrology as a general principle has been validated. That does NOT mean to say, in and of itself, that popular parlor astrology among humans has scientific validity.

Just as we know that the Placebo Effect cures patients, but that does not mean we can shut down the costly pharmaceuticals industry and depend on sugar pills to bring us all back to good health.

Last edited by jtur88; 01-20-2011 at 10:50 PM..

Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,400,486 times
"Reflect upon the nature of the planets in the signs they are in. How do you see the planets working each signs energy? Let me know how you relate the combinations in yourself and I'll pop back in with some thoughts I am holding on to."

DOB: 11/20/1950 7:30:00 AM
Ascendant: Sagittarius
Sun sign: Scorpio
Moon sign: Aries
Mars sign: Capricorn
Mercury sign: Sagittarius
Venus sign: Scorpio

My Ascendant & my sun sign are complete opposites:
1. My outward appearance ~~ how I want people to see me ~~ is rough and tumble, I don't sugar coat anything ~ BUT ~ won't intentionally hurt anyone's feelings either, I'm independent & in charge. Fear me.
2. Scorpio's are supposed to have big egos, but, mine gets bruised from time to time. I need reassurance and confirmation.

"
The sign energies- you have Sagittarius and Aries, both fire signs, Sag is ruled by Jupiter and Aries is ruled by Mars. Aries and Sag are quite a bit alike but Aries can be a live wire where Sag energy is a bit more mellow and focused, but is just as much as a dare-devil as Aries.
Aries says 'I am' and is aggressive and can be angry. But the good bits about Aries is determination and courage. Aries is thus quite the fighter, as we see in it's ruling planet, Mars.
Sagittarius is more meditative, thinks before acting, but has a vulnerable side making Sag generous to a point of being too generous even with the inclination towards good judgment. Sag enjoys freedom and any restrictions are agitating. Sag just wants to move forawrd without disruptions of any kind. Where Aries can have a hot temper and carry a grudge, Sag's temper is hot and heavy but short lived.
"

1. I can be that live wire. I can be aggressive & angry, BUT, it doesn't last too long. Life's too short.
2. I'm not good with change, it irritates me and I would like to have no disruptions of my routine. I also am generous to a fault. When I really need to take care of ME...

MOON:
1. I hide my emotions, and sometimes ignore MY needs.
2. Need to listen to my subconscious MORE..

Wrap up:
1. I love being home ~~ "I'm my own best company" AND would make a great recluse.
2. Love my 2 kids & 3 Gkids ~~ love to be with them.
3. I'm a defender & voice for the underdog ~~
4. Independent, freedom loving, hard working, and yes ~ I hold grudges. And ~~ opinionated.

I researched for about 2 1/2 hours trying to find the Aspects of Degree for Moon & Mars ~~ I couldn't find the specifics.

Thanks for teaching me new stuff.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:55 PM

Aspects- what are they and how are they found.
Aspects are the geometric angles that are formed between to points/planets in a chart.
If you have made yourself a wheel chart, then you have noticed the pile of pick up sticks in the center of the chart. These are the aspect lines. But what aspects are they?
Some software will have a stair chart with glyphs showing what planets have what aspect.
Aspects can be figured out with out the stair chart but requires a little bit of math.
The aspects are:
Opposition- 180 degrees of separation
Conjunction- 0 degrees
Trine- 120 degrees
Square- 90 degrees
Sextile- 60 degrees

Those are the major aspects- there are about 10 or so more minor and minor-minor (not a technical term) aspects.
If you have a planet in a sign that is the same element, then you might have a trine. To be sure, you need the placement of the planets by degrees.
Let's say Mary has her Moon at 13 Leo 42. This means that Leo is 13 degrees and 42 minutes into the sign of Leo. Mary has Jupiter at 18 Aries 06. The Moon has an orb of 8 degrees so the Moon can be 8 degrees behind or ahead of the 120 degrees that make the aspect exact. The difference between 13 and 18 is 5, so these two planets are aspecting. To be more exact, the Moon is 5 degrees approaching.
The Moon moves the fastest (not counting the ascendant), with the Moon at 13, it will soon pass the 18 degree mark. If the Moon was at 21 degrees, then the Moon would be 3 degrees separating.
The effects of aspects are like the wax and wane of the Moon. As the aspect approaches it gets stronger, as it seperates it gets weaker.

Nan- do you have the degrees for your planets?
If so I can use them to demonstrait further as well as figure out if there are any aspects. The Moon usually does because it has such a wide orb, Sun also has an 8 degree orb.
The other personal planets have an orb of 5 degrees and the generational planets are 2 degrees.
Some systems vary in orbs. I personally tighten up the orbs.
I do 5, 3 and 2 instead of 8, 5, 2.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
On my birth chart, EVERYTHING is in five 'houses' on the right side of the circle. (Maybe that has something to do with my skepticism.)
That sounds like a 'Bowl' shape and has litte to do with being a skeptic.
I can't be sure if it is a true bowl without seeing it because you say 'houses' and those can vary in width. If you have small houses you may actually have a 'bundle'. But, people with bowl charts are usually trying to fill some empty spot. There is something in life that they feel is missing. And that is understandable with half of the chart void of any planets.

I am almost a bowl, with Jupiter just past the middle of Virgo and Saturn at the start of Aries. Saturn is my leading planet in this arrangement, which is also the ruling planet of my Sun sign....and yes- I do feel that something is missing and I know what it is, even before astrology was an interest of mine.
It is this sort of thing that supports the validity of astrology for me.
With Saturn in the lead, in Aries, and creating a square aspect to my Sun, which is in the 3rd house....I have had a difficult and distant relationship with my father (Saturn sun square) and all I ever wanted as a kid was for my father to love and accept me (my attempts to fill the empty spot)....which only happened on his deathbed, and I did not get to see him in time.
His death occured during a natal Saturn - transit Saturn aspect as well. Saturn is limiting, and forces change.
Being a Capricorn, with an Aries placement for Saturn, I have a love hate relationship with my Ruling Planet.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:33 PM

My degrees:
Rising sun: 01 degree in Sag
Sun: is in 27 degree Scorpio
Moon: is in 12 degree Aries
Mercury: is in 08 degree Sag
Venus: is in 29 degree Scorpio
------------------------------------
Mars: is in 10 degree Capricorn
Jupiter: is in 28 degrees Aquarius
Saturn: is in 29 degrees Virgo
Uranus: is in 08 degrees Cancer
Neptune: is in 18 degrees Libra
Pluto: is in 19 degrees Leo
N. Node: is in 26 degrees Pisces

Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 PM

Yes, Nan, your Moon and Mars are indeed square and within 2 degrees of exact.
And I see that you also have Venus at 29 degrees Scorpio. This is interesting
I also have Venus at that very same position.
Now I have a book that says that Venus in Scorpio can indicate 'the death of a lover'. The first time I read it I thought nothing of it, even forgot about it. Then something happened. I found a soulmate and later he was killed. In my 'recuperation' from that tragedy I dove deeper into my studies. Part of that was re-reading my astrology books. That's when I really took note of that statement.
By having Venus at 29 degrees just intensifies such fate.
Any planet at 29 degrees is considered fatalistic.
Just being in Scorpio can be hard for lasting relationships and relationships that are quite difficult.
I can certainly testify to that! I jumped from the frying pan into the fire in my younger days going from a mildly abusive to extremely abusive relationship.

How has your love life been?

Old 01-24-2011, 05:37 AM

What love life? LOL

It's true that a Scorpio can love intensly and hold tight. 2 marriages, 2 divorces ~~ a couple of "user" relationships, in which I was used ~~ almost lost my house over the last one 10 years ago. Since then ~~ NO THANKS. I actually LIKE being alone. I'm alone, but don't find myself lonely. Does that make sense?

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are in a better place with your relationships now.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
What love life? LOL

It's true that a Scorpio can love intensly and hold tight. 2 marriages, 2 divorces ~~ a couple of "user" relationships, in which I was used ~~ almost lost my house over the last one 10 years ago. Since then ~~ NO THANKS. I actually LIKE being alone. I'm alone, but don't find myself lonely. Does that make sense?

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are in a better place with your relationships now.
'what love life?' - well there ya go! Darn that Venus in Scorpio!
It makes total sense! After my ups and downs, I settled into a happy place being single. It was so much easier!!!
And I was not lonely either. In fact it was tough to give up single life when that Capricorn guy came around. But being true to my nature, I went for it.
8 years later, here we still are.

Which brings me to another interesting thing I have learned in astrology- Sun Moon mid-points.
Not to get ahead of what we are discussing currently, but there is a 'place' in our charts that indicate a magnetic draw towards others. This draw is not always a good thing, but exists.
Beings that my Sun and Moon are both in Capricorn, it is easy to figure the in-between spot- Capricorn...and it's opposite, Cancer.
Those relationships, the frying pan one, the fire one, the one who was killed and the one I am with now....might you guess what Sun sign they are?
Now I was not aware of this mid-point, learned about it when I dove into my studies after the death of my soul mate.
I found it to be true in my own experiences so I started in on my friend's charts and I would say that about 1/3 of them has been in relationships with their own mid-point signs being their partners sun sign, then another 1/3 had partners with their moon or rising, Venus for the man and mars for the woman, in those mid-point signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal